What are American Values?

Working hard and being able to enjoy the fruits of your own labor.
So you oppose capitalism and the collection of rent?
Take care of yourself, work hard, the government is not your mother and does not owe you a lifestyle.

So you oppose veterans' benefits?

If i worked hard and purchased rental property....its mine to rent. Work hard and buy your own to rent out.

If you served your country you earned those benefits, they are not coming to you for nothing.

Unless you are enjoying the fruits of others labor. Ie inherited it.

What are American Values?

Being this is a message board...I am going to go out on a limb and say free speech is one of them.

Is it? Or is it just one for those who actually like free speech?

?

Confused speech is also an American value...or at least a trait.

My point is we are seeing a number of people stand against free speech. Does that mean it's still an American value or are wishy washy?

The thing you must understand, Avatar, is that people don't want Liberty; they want the illusion of liberty.

Nor can society function without its benevolent dictators. Pure democracy would never allow an interstate system or the development of one plan for the city sewer system. Even representative democracy must be guided by the true shapers and architects of the world. People don't want to vote between 20 candidates for mayor or 3000 presidential candidates or every person's fiscal plan. They need to be told who the authorities are- regardless of whether history shows their given school to be accurate or whether there might be better ideas forwarded by a more obscure thinker. They need to be have the choices narrowed down for them so that they can tend to their daily tasks and choose, in the limited time available to them, from the options presented. Just as a parent must decide what foods to offer a child to choose from based on what is best for both child and parent, the architects of the carnal world must act as parents, teachers, guides, guardians, and benevolent overseers to make human progress and society as we know it possible.

And who are these men and women who draft the constitutions of the world, shape the minds of generations, and design the modern world? They are not the men you see with guns, nor are they the politicians you see on stage. Rather they act behind the scenes, sometimes knowing of their own role and sometimes not. Sometimes knowing of eachother and sometimes acting alone. Sometimes they might form for themselves temples and lodges and work together for the best interest of Man, of themselves, or of both. But always they act outside the spotlight, behind the theater, to shape our language, to guide our discourse, and to craft tomorrow.

Last edited:
The thing you must understand, Avatar, is that people don't want Liberty; they want the illusion of liberty.

I'm tired of illusions. Im going to start a war against them :p

I mean heck, we are fighting a war on terror why not fight illusions as well?

I want freedom. And only the truth can set us free. It might make us miserable first, but I'd rather be miserable for a short time and then free, than in illusion.

I want freedom. And only the truth can set us free. It might make us miserable first, but I'd rather be miserable for a short time and then free, than in illusion.

I thought you were a Christian? :eusa_eh:

That's why I am Christian.

American values would be the values all Americans have, with the right to express those values. Pity there are those who think that those with different values from theirs should be exiled to another country, executed for treason, or some other atrocity - but I suppose those are the values of those who express such thoughts -

That's why I am Christian.

Because you prefer illusions and not having to decide for yourself what is good and what is ill? How can you claim to desire liberty yet prefer to submit to the rule of the priests and the texts they place before you?

Have you ever even bothered reading the older (Sumerian) texts on which they're based? Unfortunately, not all the tablets have been translated [read: made available to the masses], but I highly recommend reading those which have.

What American values were when I grew up and what they are now is two totally different things Avatar, and personally, I prefer the old ones to the new. I think our country is getting worse every year, socially, fiscally, morally, and our government is completely out of control. But that's all young people know, so they think as shitty as the country is becoming is normal. They have nothing to reference back to, to compare it to, so the degradation continues.

Tell American children that the world is a place worth fighting for.

Tell American adults just about to be drafted that the world is a place worth dying for.

Tell American seniors that the country they worked for all their lives must be handed over to a third world people who were smart enough never to teach that a world of people outside of Latin America even exists.

Truth, Justice and the American Way

That's all you need

Rightist reactionaryism, how quaint.

Yep. Quaint, antiquaited, and the absolute foundation upon which this country was built in the first place. Assuming we don't return to those values I give this country another century at the most before we are nothing more than a footnote in history.

Before women could vote? When the south had slaves?

Before women could vote. Back when we had a fairly isolationist foreign policy. When we were a localized, agrarian society with local control of things instead of Federal oversight of everything.

What American values were when I grew up and what they are now is two totally different things Avatar, and personally, I prefer the old ones to the new. I think our country is getting worse every year, socially, fiscally, morally, and our government is completely out of control. But that's all young people know, so they think as shitty as the country is becoming is normal. They have nothing to reference back to, to compare it to, so the degradation continues.

And that's why we need to get more active and teaching the younger generation these values and explaining why thtey are important. (You know, it's so weird thinking of the younger generation when that was me barely a few years ago).

So you oppose capitalism and the collection of rent?

So you oppose veterans' benefits?

If i worked hard and purchased rental property....its mine to rent. Work hard and buy your own to rent out.

If you served your country you earned those benefits, they are not coming to you for nothing.

Unless you are enjoying the fruits of others labor. Ie inherited it.

They earned any inheritance by being family members. And sometimes earning is a high price to pay. It also goes back to enjoying the fruits of your labor...and doing what you will with the money you have earned. If that is giving it away to family its no ones business but theirs.

Truth, Justice and the American Way

That's all you need

Truth only works if we are all actively seeking it. There are many people who are not seeking it. In fact, there are many people that deny it exists.

Justice? Being in the courts I can tell you that most of the time Justice is not being done.

The American way? What is that now?

If you think your yearned-for corporate dictatorship will allow you your "freedom", you're completely naive. Why don't you read up on Monsanto and what they're doing to organic farmers and how they want to control 100% of the seeds available? Read up on veggie libel laws and explain to me how it can be ILLEGAL to say bad things about the beef industry. What about the oil companies? Today, the CEOS all ADMITTED that their tax breaks had no bearing on R&D. They just like getting the tax breaks. Democracy can not exist in pure capitalism and I wonder if you could really stomach a third world, sink or swim society with the majority of the population miserable and all money and power in the hands of an elite few (hey, kinda like where we're headed now!). I'm guessing not.

Last edited:
You're either with them or against them.
If you're against, they may have to bring you some FreeDumb and DemoNcracy.................loaded in a drone.

Forum List

Back