What AntiVirus do you use?

I'm debating on whether I need to upgrade (pay) for my Avast.
I'm not sure how to "undo" Norton or McAfee or if there is even a problem with having them all one here.
Norton is "dead" - meaning I did not renew it.

avg is a good product
I used AVG for years until it became Norton like in size slowing down my computer down, that's when I switched to Avast.

Interesting thing is Norton used to be one of the best tech companies the world over.
They used to have software called "Norton Works"...that was replaced by "Norton Utilities" which is now defunct (and should be)
Norton Works for Windows and Mac was a beautiful piece of software, as well as Norton anti-virus was industry standard. And then there was Norton Ghost...probably the easiest ghosting sofware there ever was. I don't know, personally I think they got too big. When a company gets to a certain size, everything becomes about profitability and shareholders.

I'm not sure how to "undo" Norton or McAfee or if there is even a problem with having them all one here.

You should never have more than one anti-virus installed...bad thing.
Uninstalling Norton and Mcafee is not difficult.
What version of windows so you have?

Honestly I really don't get the new windows with all these weird things on the main screen.
I just like to go to Desktop cause most of that other stuff doesn't work. I guess they are apps.

Shouldn't there be a place where I can look and it will tell me?

well ugh does not help me nor feel encouraging!

The lap top was free, so, I'm not complaining.

you do what you need to do! I'll get by :)

Control Center, Installed Programs (applications or whatever they call it), find those programs, right click on them individually, select uninstall.

They don't even work. I went ahead and got the MS office set, I was used to the way my work computer was set up, and liked it.
So trying to "morph" this into the way that was.....

McAfee was easily
Norton/Symantec is being a bit more of a bitch!

They don't even work. I went ahead and got the MS office set, I was used to the way my work computer was set up, and liked it.
So trying to "morph" this into the way that was.....
Win 8 (8.1) is a whole new approach, Win 10 will give you more of a Win 7 look but the Start Menu is still messed up with tiles and there are other issues that may or may not bother you about Win 10. Almost all of those issues can be easily overcome.
You can upgrade to Win 10 and you have 30 days to revert back to the old version if you don't do a reset or clean install.

Gotten by so far on just Microsoft Security essentials, a good pop-up blocker, not using Outlook for e-mail, and some common sense.
Can't remember the last time my monthly scan with MalwareBytes has turned up anything.

Forum List

Back