What AntiVirus do you use?

Ummmm, just discovered Avast makes a free Linux version.
Don't need anti virus software if running Linux.
Let me guess, you swallowed the "Linux can't be hacked" propaganda hook line and sinker but know almost nothing about computers. Have a nice life. :thup:
You guessed incorrectly. But, then, you've most likely done that your entire life, and you'll continue to do that as you progress into your teens.
Ahhhh, did I step on your wittle bitty toes. Need you diaper changed?

I use Avast as an anti-virus and Malwarebytes as an anti-malware. I also use Malwarebyte's free Anti-Exploit real time (zero day) browser protection.
These I use on my Windows machines, unlike some people I know my Linux machines are vulnerable so I use the firewall and just discovered Comodo makes an AV for Linux, giving it a try.

So does ESET, I run anti-virus on this Linux machine. Most attacks these days are browser exploits, and will hit Linux just as fast as Windows,.

Last edited:
I have decided that (for now) I will just stay with Windows OS.
This lap top is new (to me) just got Windows Office on it and Adobe (which "forced" me to get McAfee) - did not have to pay for it. So now I have Avast, McAfee and expired Norton on my system. What a mess!

You can opt out of the McAfee malware. When you install Adobe, simply uncheck the box to install McAfee with it.

Consider switching to Foxit, Adobe engages in unethical behavior by installing unwanted software.

Too deep for me - unfortunately, I don't know any net nerds.... :( ... none that are THIS good!

Also use Avast, and Malwarebytes Pro.

Ummmm, just discovered Avast makes a free Linux version.
Don't need anti virus software if running Linux.
Zero-Day Flaw Found in 'Linux Kernel' leaves Millions Vulnerable

Kaspersky Personal & Family Security Software

Linux Security Audit and Hacker Software Tools

Don’t believe these four myths about Linux security | Sophos Blog

It's not the 1900s any more. Ya may want to rethink your mindset. :thup:

Oh and I run Ubuntu and Kubuntu on 2 different machines........

ESET, formerly known as NOD32
its still called that.....i just re upped mine and thats what it calls itself......ESET NOD32.....

Probably a residual from when you installed it. They call it ESET endpoint now, and it is 64 bit.

ESET Review 2016 | Best Endpoint Protection Software
just renewed last month....64 bit....i just clicked on it to make sure and its still what i said....i think the endpoint one is for businesses....

I think I trust Ringel - I'll give him a call when I'm ready to make changes...

You definitely can trust Ringel. He knows his stuff.
I appreciate the thumbs up but I can guarantee Uncensored, Iamwho, Harry and a couple of others probably know a whole lot more about this stuff than I do, I believe they do it for a living. Comparatively I'm a low level geek, they speak Geekinese fairly fluently....... :D

I just basically stay away from "questionable" sites. That's worked for me so far.
That is by far the best "anti-virus" there is - yourself.
I have told many people I would not be afraid to use a computer daily on the internet with NO anti-virus. No problem.
I would not however get on the internet without "anti-malware" like Malwarebytes or Spybot.
Viruses are actually very rare, and rarely work. Spyware and malware on the other hand are everywhere, and will do more damage to you than most viruses.
People have been protecting their computers against the wrong thing for yeatrs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back