What About People Who Seek The Lord And Never Find Him?

If you accept Christ all is forgiven.
If your child died this morning and you decide to blame God for it, He has big shoulders and will forgive you if you died this afternoon hating Him.

Israel means to struggle with God.

Placing blame between ourselves and another is an estrangement. Forget about me dying hours after my child dies. Forget about God having big shoulders. If I choose to be estranged from God, that effects my life in the here and now. Perhaps I don't die for another forty years. That's quite a long time to be estranged and harbor hatred. Do you believe the solution is to wait four decades, die, and then have God wipe away my tears?

Let's say my child died this morning, and I blamed my husband. Would you advise me that it is all right to blame my husband, he's big, he's strong, he can take it? What kind of marriage do you think we would have from then on out? Would you just tell me all marriages will have their ups and downs?

No one seeks after God. The carnal mind is against God. The Bible plainly teaches that one comes to Christ unless the Father calls him first. That would mean to me that if you truly believe you are actively seeking God, then I submit to you that it is God who is calling you. All you need do is open the door and allow Him to enter.

OK. So if he doesn't call you, are you just screwed? Sounds like a dick move on God's part to me.

Sounds as though you've already made up your own mind about it all. Why not search out the Scriptures for yourself unless you'd rather simply find fault with your Creator which I suspect to be your preferred motive?

You said that wouldn't happen until he called. Make up your mind.

I said what?

No one seeks after God. The carnal mind is against God. The Bible plainly teaches that one comes to Christ unless the Father calls him first. That would mean to me that if you truly believe you are actively seeking God, then I submit to you that it is God who is calling you. All you need do is open the door and allow Him to enter.

OK. So if he doesn't call you, are you just screwed? Sounds like a dick move on God's part to me.

Sounds as though you've already made up your own mind about it all. Why not search out the Scriptures for yourself unless you'd rather simply find fault with your Creator which I suspect to be your preferred motive?

I said what?

You said God would call someone first, and it made no sense to seek him. Then you said to find him in the scriptures. Which is it? Make up your mind.

I said what?

You said God would call someone first, and it made no sense to seek him. Then you said to find him in the scriptures. Which is it? Make up your mind.

I also stated that the person to whom I responded to might be in process of being called. READ.

I said what?

I also stated that the person to whom I responded to might be in process of being called. READ.

Both of your responses were to my post.

It is my personal belief that one can wear out the Holy Spirit. I believe from the Book of Romans that the Holy Spirit is longsuffering but after so many attempts at reaching someone, that someone's own heart will become so hardened that the Holy Spirit will give that someone over to the lusts of his own heart. I use Romans 1:18 thru 1:32 to make my case.

I said what?

So be it then. Perhaps you are being called and that is why you are so worried about it.

I said what?

So be it then. Perhaps you are being called and that is why you are so worried about it.

Either that, or you're just used to spouting double talk to people who don't bother to actually listen to what you say.

I said what?

Either that, or you're just used to spouting double talk to people who don't bother to actually listen to what you say.

Whatever turns you on. I'm not the one asking dumb questions.

Nope. You're the one making the dumb statements.

Nope. You're the one making the dumb statements.

Whatever turns you and your highly intelligent mind on. It's not my OP nor my problem.

If you accept Christ all is forgiven.
If your child died this morning and you decide to blame God for it, He has big shoulders and will forgive you if you died this afternoon hating Him.

Israel means to struggle with God.

Placing blame between ourselves and another is an estrangement. Forget about me dying hours after my child dies. Forget about God having big shoulders. If I choose to be estranged from God, that effects my life in the here and now. Perhaps I don't die for another forty years. That's quite a long time to be estranged and harbor hatred. Do you believe the solution is to wait four decades, die, and then have God wipe away my tears?

Let's say my child died this morning, and I blamed my husband. Would you advise me that it is all right to blame my husband, he's big, he's strong, he can take it? What kind of marriage do you think we would have from then on out? Would you just tell me all marriages will have their ups and downs?
Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

the spoken religion, the parable of Noah refers to how the Spirit is admitted to the Everlasting - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - nothing about a christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

What do you mean when you say "saved"? How do you define it? A heavenly afterlife? What about this life? Do you believe Christ also showed you the way of salvation, granted you entry into kingdom living in this life, and offered a redeemed way of living life here on earth?

What do you mean when you say "saved"? How do you define it? A heavenly afterlife? What about this life? Do you believe Christ also showed you the way of salvation, granted you entry into kingdom living in this life, and offered a redeemed way of living life here on earth?
I didn't say anything, get a clue.

Yes, I understand you didn't say anything, which is why I asked. If you wish to talk about it a little, I find it useful to define the terms being used. I've learned they mean different things to different people. If you do not wish to engage in a conversation, then I'll wish you and everyone a good night for now. It's been a very good day.

Yes, I understand you didn't say anything, which is why I asked. If you wish to talk about it a little, I find it useful to define the terms being used. I've learned they mean different things to different people. If you do not wish to engage in a conversation, then I'll wish you and everyone a good night for now. It's been a very good day.
If you need to understand what the Bible is I recommend you go to a Church that teaches the Bible.

Your ignorance is understandable, but my original statement stands. There is no BUT related to John 3:16.

If you need to understand what the Bible is I recommend you go to a Church that teaches the Bible.

Your ignorance is understandable, but my original statement stands. There is no BUT related to John 3:16.

I understand the Bible contains more than a a single verse. I attend a Church that reads the through (and discusses) the entire Bible once every three years. As I said, I've learned through experience people/denominations define words differently. Since I can't read your mind, I asked, is all.

In any case, I was more interested in Steven's dilemma where he is seeking and not yet finding. If one wants to find Love, Goodness, and Holiness (i.e., God), then it makes sense to enter into each moment given us with love, goodness, and holiness. Sure, first one must believe in love, goodness, and holiness, but unless we actually enter into it, what good is belief in it? It's like believing we can swim--but never swimming. The same with Christ. we can believe in Christ, but that is much different from entering into--and living--the life Christ taught as well.

What About People Who Seek The Lord And Never Find Him?

Um, that would be everyone who has ever lived.

to ignorant OP

nowhere in the Bible does it say God makes mistakes. There r phoneys who SAY there looking 4 God but really arent. There r also ppl who act like their working hard 4 the Lord but they dont want His Grace badly enough which leads them to sin and forget about Jesus

rember, if God decrees it then it will be so
godbless

Forum List

Back