What About People Who Seek The Lord And Never Find Him?

Steven_R

Tommy Vercetti Fan Club
Jul 17, 2013
What happens to them? Are they destined to roast in Hell for eternity when He doesn't answer their calls or what?

It is written:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

You know, Steven_R, I've been praying for you for quite some time that God would send laborers across your path to speak to you about Jesus. He has answered those prayers but I've got a question for you. When are you going to let one of them talk to you instead of running from them? A little cooperation would be helpful.

No one seeks after God. The carnal mind is against God. The Bible plainly teaches that one comes to Christ unless the Father calls him first. That would mean to me that if you truly believe you are actively seeking God, then I submit to you that it is God who is calling you. All you need do is open the door and allow Him to enter.

No one seeks after God. The carnal mind is against God. The Bible plainly teaches that one comes to Christ unless the Father calls him first. That would mean to me that if you truly believe you are actively seeking God, then I submit to you that it is God who is calling you. All you need do is open the door and allow Him to enter.
I think what he is trying to say is that there are people who have sought the LORD and never found him. That is impossible. Jesus Christ has promised us that Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. When you seek the LORD with all of your heart you will find him. NOT MIGHT. NOT MAYBE. YOU WILL.

I think what he is trying to say is that there are people who have sought the LORD and never found him. That is impossible. Jesus Christ has promised us that Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. When you seek the LORD with all of your heart you will find him. NOT MIGHT. NOT MAYBE. YOU WILL.

Indeed. His OP makes no sense. He must not have read the Bible very much at all.

It is written:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Matthew 7:7

Who are we to believe? The Word of God or someone who is suggesting that God is a liar?

Indeed. His OP makes no sense. He must not have read the Bible very much at all.
Oh, he knows the scriptures. This isn't my first discussion with Steven_R about the Bible.

OK. So if he doesn't call you, are you just screwed? Sounds like a dick move on God's part to me.

OK. So if he doesn't call you, are you just screwed? Sounds like a dick move on God's part to me.

Sounds as though you've already made up your own mind about it all. Why not search out the Scriptures for yourself unless you'd rather simply find fault with your Creator which I suspect to be your preferred motive?

Sounds as though you've already made up your own mind about it all. Why not search out the Scriptures for yourself unless you'd rather simply find fault with your Creator which I suspect to be your preferred motive?

You said that wouldn't happen until he called. Make up your mind.

What happens to them? Are they destined to roast in Hell for eternity when He doesn't answer their calls or what?

Remember the old adage: Whoever it was that discovered water, it wasn't a fish. Picture someone in the hand of God. No one can snatch that person from the hand of God. An individual can run from God, and then can keep on running. God is not going to force anyone to stay with him.

Are you running from God--from love and goodness? If you are living in goodness and love, then perhaps you are looking for something that is already in plain sight and is in fact already surrounding you.

When you say you are searching for the Lord, what precisely are you looking for? What aren't you finding?

That's my point. There are people that seek their whole lives but don't get an answer. They don't accept the Lord because they can't find Him. Should they be burned in Hell just because they didn't get a reply or found what they were looking for?

That's my point. There are people that seek their whole lives but don't get an answer. They don't accept the Lord because they can't find Him. Should they be burned in Hell just because they didn't get a reply or found what they were looking for?

What type of answer--and in what form--are you expecting?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Period.

Either you believe or you do not.

Your choice.

There is a bit more to it than that. We are to love God with all our heart, mind, body, and soul. And we are to love others as ourselves. First, what is God? God is love. God is good. God is Holy. If we believe in Jesus, then we turn to God (love, goodness, holiness) from disobedience. We discern His will and follow it. Who and what does our daily life consist of? When dealing with who and what God hands us each day, do we deal in love, in goodness, in righteousness/holiness? Belief in God/Christ is not just a mental exercise. Our entire self, our every act needs to be involved.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Period.

Either you believe or you do not.

Your choice.

There is a bit more to it than that. We are to love God with all our heart, mind, body, and soul. And we are to love others as ourselves. First, what is God? God is love. God is good. God is Holy. If we believe in Jesus, then we turn to God (love, goodness, holiness) from disobedience. We discern His will and follow it. Who and what does our daily life consist of? When dealing with who and what God hands us each day, do we deal in love, in goodness, in righteousness/holiness? Belief in God/Christ is not just a mental exercise. Our entire self, our every act needs to be involved.
Nope. Not a requirement to love God. Just accept and believe in Christ. Spirtually healthy to have disagreements with God now and then.

Nope. Not a requirement to love God. Just accept and believe in Christ. Spirtually healthy to have disagreements with God now and then.

Is it your belief that while Jesus told us of the two greatest commandments, and taught us to pray the Father's will be done, there is no need for us to follow the commandment to love God, or to even pray that His will be done?

Is it your belief that while Jesus told us of the two greatest commandments, and taught us to pray the Father's will be done, there is no need for us to follow the commandment to love God, or to even pray that His will be done?
If you accept Christ all is forgiven.
If your child died this morning and you decide to blame God for it, He has big shoulders and will forgive you if you died this afternoon hating Him.

Israel means to struggle with God.

New Topics

Forum List

Back