What a waste of advertising money

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
News Item: Mitt Romney off-handedly discusses the 15% income tax rate he paid in 2011, and calls the $350,000 he made in speaking fees "not very much", playing perfectly into the hands of Obama and his populist message of "us versus the evil rich". Democrats smile at their amazing luck as this guy does pretty much everything he can to shoot himself in the foot while somehow remaining the odds-on favorite to win the GOP nomination.

News Item: The ex-wife of Newt Gingrich sits for a two-hour interview with Brian Ross and ABC news, providing them with so much juicy gossip that the network may not air it right before the South Carolina primaries. Of course, no one doubts that the network would gleefully spill all the beans should Gingrich become the GOP's nominee. Democrats smile at their amazing luck as a guy who should never have even been a serious candidate shoots his entire party in the foot.

News Item: The Obama campaign releases its first campaign advertisement, causing many to wonder why it's even bothering as the GOP melts down into a puddle on the sidewalk. Democrats smile at their amazing luck as their candidate and President is now likely to overcome significant vulnerabilities (including an 8%-plus unemployment rate, holy crap) to win re-election over the most motley group of "candidates" ever assembled and presented to the voting public. Obama could just as easily run a few five-second spots where he just says "hey, look at those guys over there. Vote for me."

This is absolutely astonishing to watch.

$350,000 is, indeed, not a substantial amount to make in fees for a high profile public speaker. But don't let facts get in the way of starting yet another thread on this.

$350,000 is, indeed, not a substantial amount to make in fees for a high profile public speaker. But don't let facts get in the way of starting yet another thread on this.

Surely you can spin and divert better than THAT.

Facts are not, generally referred to as 'spin'... unless you're a total moron. Are you?

Debatable. Ask my wife. Maybe not today.

That's a fine insult, so I'll assume you're claiming to be happy with your field. My guess is that you're either in denial or lying (two standard characteristics of partisan ideologues), and that's certainly your call.

You're happy with Romney, you're happy with Newt. Cool! Great fun to watch.

Surely you can spin and divert better than THAT.

Facts are not, generally referred to as 'spin'... unless you're a total moron. Are you?

Debatable. Ask my wife. Maybe not today.

That's a fine insult, so I'll assume you're claiming to be happy with your field. My guess is that you're either in denial or lying (two standard characteristics of partisan ideologues), and that's certainly your call.

You're happy with Romney, you're happy with Newt. Cool! Great fun to watch.

Don't assume. It makes you look more stupid than your OP did. Not helping yourself.

To be clear: If Romney takes the nomination, yes, I will - on the information currently available, vote for him. If Gingrich is the nominee, hell will freeze over before I vote GOP.

Not overly complicated.

And... on topic.... $350k for public speaking is peanuts for a high profile speaker. You may not like it but there it is. High profile speakers can get paid $500k for 20 minutes.

As you twist and spin Romney's words to soften the blow, riddle me this. Just how many middle to lower class Americans do you think would honestly agree with your line of thinking that "$350,000.00 is not much". By asking this, keep in mind, that in my humble opinion, most middle and lower class Americans don't give a rats ass WHAT Romney did for $350,000.00, it is still a very large sum of money. More than 8 times what the majority of households in the United States make in a year. Maybe middle and lower class Americans are simply envious of the money he makes, like Romney stated?

Last edited:

As you twist and spin Romney's words to soften the blow, riddle me this. Just how many middle to lower class Americans do you think would honestly agree with your line of thinking that "$350,000.00 is not much". By asking this, keep in mind, that in my humble opinion, most middle and lower class Americans don't give a rats ass WHAT Romeny did for $350,000.00, it is still a very large sum of money. More than 8 times what the majority of households in the United States make in a year.

Perhaps the "middle to lower class" Americans like you should crawl out from the gutter. What's preventing you from doing so? Uneducated? Lazy?

As you twist and spin Romney's words to soften the blow, riddle me this. Just how many middle to lower class Americans do you think would honestly agree with your line of thinking that "$350,000.00 is not much". By asking this, keep in mind, that in my humble opinion, most middle and lower class Americans don't give a rats ass WHAT Romeny did for $350,000.00, it is still a very large sum of money. More than 8 times what the majority of households in the United States make in a year.

Perhaps the "middle to lower class" Americans like you should crawl out from the gutter. What's preventing you from doing so? Uneducated? Lazy?
Why should he? He and all his welfare buddies are counting on their messiah, the FOOD STAMP PRESIDENT, to simply take care of them no matter what. They can just sit around, relax, pick their nose and play video games and not worry about strange things like... WORKING or SUCCESS.

Last edited:

Wow. With class warfare slogans like that, perhaps you can help on Romney's campaign. Or perhaps, you already are? Never forget that middle and lower class Americans make up the overwhelming majority in this country, and they vote. Obama used this to his advantage in 2008 against the elitist Republican party who only wanted tax cuts for the wealthy. And it worked....

Wow. With class warfare slogans like that, perhaps you can help on Romney's campaign. Or perhaps, you already are? Never forget that middle and lower class Americans make up the overwhelming majority in this country, and they vote. Obama used this to his advantage in 2008 against the elitist Republican party who only wanted tax cuts for the wealthy. And it worked....

I asked you a question, asswipe. Care to answer it? Why are you at the bottom of the food chain, angry at the wealthy? Uneducated? Lazy? Comfortable as a welfare case? Still living at home with Mommy? Take your mouth off of Obama's anus for a minute and answer.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

The kenyan lied his ass off and blew smoke up idiots asses like your's, and it worked. He won't get away with the same dog and pony show this time. Most people have figured out he's nothing more than a flim flam man with a cheap vaudeville act.

I asked you a question, asswipe. Care to answer it? Why are you at the bottom of the food chain, angry at the wealthy? Uneducated? Lazy? Comfortable as a welfare case? Still living at home with Mommy? Take your mouth off of Obama's anus for a minute and answer.

I didn't answer your questions, because it is really none of your business, however for grins and giggles, I am NOT a member of the middle nor lower class, as my household income is well above those class definitions. I am a college graduate and have been employed by the same company for just over 22 years. I hired 5 new employees last FY, and already 2 more this current FY. How about you, blowhard?

As you twist and spin Romney's words to soften the blow, riddle me this. Just how many middle to lower class Americans do you think would honestly agree with your line of thinking that "$350,000.00 is not much". By asking this, keep in mind, that in my humble opinion, most middle and lower class Americans don't give a rats ass WHAT Romney did for $350,000.00, it is still a very large sum of money. More than 8 times what the majority of households in the United States make in a year. Maybe middle and lower class Americans are simply envious of the money he makes, like Romney stated?

My understanding of the remark, with context, is that he referred to earning $350k in speaking fees as 'not much'. And, given that context, he is right.

What jealous people think is usually not based on rational thought.

You're right. There are impeached, adultering, disbarred liars making over $60 Million!!!!

Clinton earns $65 million in speaking fees as private citizen – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I know I'm right. I don't make shit up for the sake of it. :eusa_angel: If I say 'it's not much for public speaking' that's because I know how much some other public speakers are paid. Clinton is a great example. There are quite a few others.

Forum List

Back