What a joke

Kathianne, unless you've served in the military, especially in combat, or would be ready and willing to go and fight in a foreign hot zone, I don't think you have any right to be calling them 'wee little whiners', no matter WHAT they did. Who the fuck are you?

Its standard Chickenhawkery: Call soldiers who don't want to fight in Bush's war cowards. A war that 90% of the people of the world, and most americans find unjust, unneccessary, and a collasal mistake.

Interestingly, very few of these keyboard warriors, have signed up to go fight a war they started, and which no one else seems to think is justified at this point.

Here's a link on Canadian court and the wee little whiners:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/15/world/main3507379.shtml

Even Officials at the US Pentagon don't stoop as low as calling these soldiers, "whiners"

"We're asking a lot of soldiers these days," said Roy Wallace, director of plans and resources for Army personnel. "They're humans. They have all sorts of issues back home and other places like that. So, I'm sure it has to do with the stress of being a soldier."

Its really quite sad that you would paint everyone who doesn't want to fight and kill in your war, a coward.

Based on what the Army Director of Personel says, I can understand why some of these soldiers go AWOL. It certainly not the best option for them. But I guarantee you, that if Bush had sent me on three tours to Iraq, broken the army and its soliders down, and as a result was possibly costing me my marriage and children back home, the choice would be easy for me. I'd choose my wife and kids, over your and George Bush's war on Iraq.

That'd be a no brainer for me. Perhaps you would choose the war, over trying to save your disintegrating family. I don't know

Even Officials at the US Pentagon don't stoop as low as calling these soldiers, "whiners"

Its really quite sad that you would paint everyone who doesn't want to fight and kill in your war, a coward.

Based on what the Army Director of Personel says, I can understand why some of these soldiers go AWOL. It certainly not the best option for them. But I guarantee you, that if Bush had sent me on three tours to Iraq, broken the army and its soliders down, and as a result was possibly costing me my marriage and children back home, the choice would be easy for me. I'd choose my wife and kids, over your and George Bush's war on Iraq.

That'd be a no brainer for me. Perhaps you would choose the war, over trying to save your disintegrating family. I don't know
Ummm, from your link on the other thread, that is not the type that is deserting, but thanks for playing.

Its actually very despicable that you would paint everyone who goes AWOL as a whiner.

Even the Pentagon itself acknowledges the human cost, and human needs that your war are burdening soldiers with:

"We're asking a lot of soldiers these days," said Roy Wallace, director of plans and resources for Army personnel. "They're humans. They have all sorts of issues back home and other places like that. So, I'm sure it has to do with the stress of being a soldier."

I didn't think you'd be more heartless, than even officials at the Pentgon.

Nicely done, chickenhawk

Its actually very despicable that you would paint everyone who goes AWOL as a whiner.

Even the Pentagon itself acknowledges the human cost, and human needs that your war are burdening soldiers with:
Nicely done, chickenhawk

so did you serve?.......you seem happy the desertion rate is up.....

Nicely done, chickenhawk

How does "criminals" work for ya? They are in violation of Article 86, Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Nicely done, chickenhawk

They are whiners. They're running away from their commitment. All of the military folks signed up and/or re-enlisted after the war started. They knew damn well what they were getting into.

and the punishment for that crime is.....

Depends. At Office Hours (Art 15 hearing), it's at the CO's discretion, but if I recall correctly, a Battalion CO (field grade officer) can give 45 days restriction and extra duty, and take half the member's pay for 2 months.

At a Court Martial, the punishment gets stiffer as the Court Martial gets higher. A General Court Martial could carry with it prison time, forfeiture of all pay and allowances and an Other Than Honorable Discharge.

For desertion under fire, max penalty is death.

How does "criminals" work for ya? They are in violation of Article 86, Uniform Code of Military Justice.

The same argument can be made for the people who planned and sold the war.

This is just yet another of a myriad of issues that are dividing this country. It's sad.

The same argument can be made for the people who planned and sold the war.

This is just yet another of a myriad of issues that are dividing this country. It's sad.
Nope, you disagree with them, however they were elected and that's the system we live in. However, for some reason perhaps you think the system should be changed?

They are whiners. They're running away from their commitment. All of the military folks signed up and/or re-enlisted after the war started. They knew damn well what they were getting into.

Oh did they?

They knew they were going to have to stay for years after the mission was announced to the world as "accomplished", and have to stay and be the policemen for a potential civil war, with their president giving them no timetable on when it would possibly be finished? Because I don't see that anywhere in the vaguely-worded "authorization" that was given to Bush.

Give me a break. They were sold the war as a cakewalk, as were everyone else in the world. They expected to be liberators in a quick removal of the regime, and come home. That's how the war was sold.

Oh did they?

They knew they were going to have to stay for years after the mission was announced to the world as "accomplished", and have to stay and be the policemen for a potential civil war, with their president giving them no timetable on when it would possibly be finished? Because I don't see that anywhere in the vaguely-worded "authorization" that was given to Bush.

Give me a break. They were sold the war as a cakewalk, as were everyone else in the world. They expected to be liberators in a quick removal of the regime, and come home. That's how the war was sold.

yes, there was never once, not since 9/11 that anyone enlisting or re-upping didn't know their chances of being deployed were nearly guaranteed. To gain some insight to what the 'troops' actually think, with all their seriously understated hardships, look at re-enlistment rates. Those serving in combat zones do so at the highest rate. Granted for their buddies.

Nope, you disagree with them, however they were elected and that's the system we live in. However, for some reason perhaps you think the system should be changed?

You're god damn right I do. Do you know US history at all Kathianne? Have you ever even READ the documents that led to the creation of the US?

Declaration of Independence said:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
What don't you understand about that?

You're god damn right I do. Do you know US history at all Kathianne? Have you ever even READ the documents that led to the creation of the US?

What don't you understand about that?

Go for it, that is what Jefferson had in mind. As for 'reading' get a grip. I've forgotten more of the Federalist, Locke, Montesquieu than you know.

seems a simple question you are a smart guy....answer it and find out.....

I'm smart enough to realize your ploy, yes.

Whether I do or not has nothing to do with the fact that I am an American citizen, and am guaranteed the rights given to all of us.

What I'd like to know, is why it matters to you?

Forum List

Back