What a contrast..911 vs OBL death

Right after 9/11, everyone was united. We all stood behind President Bush. I remember that I couldn't even find magnetic flag to afix to my car, as I traveled to the DC area on business. We all gave Bush credit for unifying the nation and we all were proud to see him standing at Ground Zero.

Now, nearly 10 years later, Bin Laden is dead, but Obama is still a villian that did it for political reasons. MAN, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

(I fully expect this thread to be move...aka killed.)

I felt we unified as a nation because as a nation we were attacked and no one knew if/when another plane was going to come barreling down on us . . . or worse.

Remember how great that unity felt? I distinctly remember feeling American with every single person I encountered on the days and weeks after 9/11. Who cared if they were a different color/religion/political party/spoke a different language/etc. That simply did not matter because we were one in the days following 9/11. Powerful stuff, so much pride.

No wonder Obama wants us to come together in unity again. He will continue to want, imo. I don't see/hear/feel that at all after OBL's death. Does anyone else? The only thing I noticed was a tractor in a field that placed a big flag on the back end and the deli counter at the grocery store decorated in American flags and red/white/blue. No flag lined streets, no flags on cars, not hearing anyone talking about it in the stores while I'm running my errands. That 'we are one' camaraderie just isn't there. Sorry Barry, you don't get any type of 'fix' on all the dividing you've been doing to this country, you're going to have to figure out another way to fix that. Will you?

Unity is a powerful thing. I don't know a single President who wouldnt want the people united behind them. But the the methods and the motivations behind why the unity is desired is the main thing.

Obama and his supporters want us to be all united because Bin Laden is great. There is no denying that it's a great victory in the war on terror. But Obama and his supporters are making it about them. They havent presented the nation with an ongoing vision. They haven't really made any effort to unite the people. They just expect us to come running. Pride is the motivation. My guess is that were we to be unified behind them, the people would suffer more.

Bush on the other hand, wasn't concerned for his own popularity. He didn't care about the polls nearly as much Obama does. It was about rallying around the fallen and leading us to the next step. He provided a vision. And he tried to lead us on that vision. The Unity didn't last long, but it was based on a geniune desire to help the people.

There is a huge difference here. Where there is no vision the people perish.

jeeeze, more whining about the boyking.

9/11 was about 3000 innocent AMERCIAN CITIZENS dying a terrorist attack.

Bin Laden is about some dirty terrorist dying, big friggen deal.

And we watched all that UNITY last about a week after 9/11 then you lefties went after Bush with a vengeance and haven't stopped yet.

Not just Bush but the Military as well. Love how they conveniently forget that fact. :cuckoo:

Right after 9/11, everyone was united. We all stood behind President Bush. I remember that I couldn't even find magnetic flag to afix to my car, as I traveled to the DC area on business. We all gave Bush credit for unifying the nation and we all were proud to see him standing at Ground Zero.

Now, nearly 10 years later, Bin Laden is dead, but Obama is still a villian that did it for political reasons. MAN, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I suppose the praise I've given the President for an excellent and gutsy call got lost among all the preening, shit talking, and claiming credit by his voters. To hear some of you leftists talk DEVGRU sent Obama in.

The "Obama did what Bush couldn't/didn't on purpose" seems to have overshadowed any Bush voters who are glad Obama continued the hunt and didn't waver.

Last edited:

I felt we unified as a nation because as a nation we were attacked and no one knew if/when another plane was going to come barreling down on us . . . or worse.

Remember how great that unity felt? I distinctly remember feeling American with every single person I encountered on the days and weeks after 9/11. Who cared if they were a different color/religion/political party/spoke a different language/etc. That simply did not matter because we were one in the days following 9/11. Powerful stuff, so much pride.

No wonder Obama wants us to come together in unity again. He will continue to want, imo. I don't see/hear/feel that at all after OBL's death. Does anyone else? The only thing I noticed was a tractor in a field that placed a big flag on the back end and the deli counter at the grocery store decorated in American flags and red/white/blue. No flag lined streets, no flags on cars, not hearing anyone talking about it in the stores while I'm running my errands. That 'we are one' camaraderie just isn't there. Sorry Barry, you don't get any type of 'fix' on all the dividing you've been doing to this country, you're going to have to figure out another way to fix that. Will you?

Unity is a powerful thing. I don't know a single President who wouldnt want the people united behind them. But the the methods and the motivations behind why the unity is desired is the main thing.

Obama and his supporters want us to be all united because Bin Laden is great. There is no denying that it's a great victory in the war on terror. But Obama and his supporters are making it about them. They havent presented the nation with an ongoing vision. They haven't really made any effort to unite the people. They just expect us to come running. Pride is the motivation. My guess is that were we to be unified behind them, the people would suffer more.

Bush on the other hand, wasn't concerned for his own popularity. He didn't care about the polls nearly as much Obama does. It was about rallying around the fallen and leading us to the next step. He provided a vision. And he tried to lead us on that vision. The Unity didn't last long, but it was based on a geniune desire to help the people.

There is a huge difference here. Where there is no vision the people perish.

:thup:

It's interesting that President Bush and his supporters were all about the nation after 9/11 occured. It seems like Obama and his supporters are just worried about boosting Obama. And they wonder why they aren't getting the same response.

I agree with you actually. I think Obama,the media and his supporters expected everyone to do an about face,and just drop to their knees in awe of the man. It never occured to them that this event shouldn't just be... all... about... Obama. :lol:

And god forbid they actually give a little praise to others...fuck no. Their marching orders where to not take the lime light off of the messiah. Then they wonder why Obama gets no respect. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
No one is calling Obama a villain for seizing this opportunity. Some are wondering if he made the right choices about showing proof and I believe that he had good arguments both ways.

Unfortumnately there will always be questions but that was in the nature of the kind of capture and scenario it was. It couldn't be helped. A trial for this character would have been out of the question.

I can see some justification for a trial and execution. Think back to Sadam. His capture, trial and execution showed what a sniveling coward he was and removed any chance of him being used as a martyr.

It's interesting that President Bush and his supporters were all about the nation after 9/11 occured. It seems like Obama and his supporters are just worried about boosting Obama. And they wonder why they aren't getting the same response.

I agree with you actually. I think Obama,the media and his supporters expected everyone to do an about face,and just drop to thier knees in awe of the man. It never occured to them that this event shouldn't just be... all... about... Obama. :lol:

And god forbid they actually give a little praise to others...fuck no. Their marching orders where to not take the lime light off of the messiah. Then they wonder why Obama gets no respect. :cuckoo:

Proud people are often confused when those they find weak and foolish thrash them.

it's interesting that president bush and his supporters were all about the nation after 9/11 occured. It seems like obama and his supporters are just worried about boosting obama. And they wonder why they aren't getting the same response.

^this!!!

Yes, Obama is still a villain because he makes horrible political decisions. What does OBL have to do with anything? Yes, Obama gave the final order, but hundreds of people knew where OBL was in the weeks leading up to the mission. If Obama hadn't given the order to kill him, his inaction would be tantamount to treason.

He saw what happened to President clinton when he passed up the chance to take out osama.

Yes, Obama is still a villain because he makes horrible political decisions. What does OBL have to do with anything? Yes, Obama gave the final order, but hundreds of people knew where OBL was in the weeks leading up to the mission. If Obama hadn't given the order to kill him, his inaction would be tantamount to treason.

He saw what happened to President clinton when he passed up the chance to take out osama.

Oh man, your going to be opening up a can of worms when you hammer on the "First Black Prsident", (Clinton). :eek:

While it's true that one "Oh Shit" wipes out all your "atta boys", it doesn't work the other way around. obama has so many "Oh Shits" that he needs 5 years of straight "atta boys" to come close to reelection.
Seeing he's only got a year and a half, he's shit out of luck.

Oh man, your going to be opening up a can of worms when you hammer on the "First Black Prsident", (Clinton). :eek:

It's "clinton" not "Clinton" Capitalizing his name shows respect.
I have none for him or the current President.

Last edited:
9/11: unites the county as Americans

Obama kills Osama: Wahhhhhhh!! Why can't we unite as Obamaroids! Wahhh!

Kind of sad, but that seems to be exactly what they are doing.

Great victory for America. But that doesn't matter, get in line behind Obama. That's what's "important"

bush squandered the good will of the world by attacking iraq....for reasons that did not have to do with 9/11....simple as that.....his shock and awe treatment of iraq did nothing but let the rest of the world question our motives in attacking.....after all...how many of the 9/11 hijackers were from iraq?

when i heard bin laden was dead.....i wondered how both sides would spin it...and spin it both sides have. the story is changing as we post...on what happened....again jessica lynch and pat tillman were stories there were spun to death but the truth did come out and in time , the truth will come out about this.

why was the capture of bin laden avoided while saddam was taken and killed?

bush squandered the good will of the world by attacking iraq....for reasons that did not have to do with 9/11....simple as that.....his shock and awe treatment of iraq did nothing but let the rest of the world question our motives in attacking.....after all...how many of the 9/11 hijackers were from iraq?

when i heard bin laden was dead.....i wondered how both sides would spin it...and spin it both sides have. the story is changing as we post...on what happened....again jessica lynch and pat tillman were stories there were spun to death but the truth did come out and in time , the truth will come out about this.

wtf? Bush squandered the "good will" of the world.
And Saddam wasn't taken and killed, he was taken alive and turned over to the Newly elected Government of Iraq and HUNG.. that happened because we took out Saddam.
You have to ask, WHY WAS BIN Laden NOT taken ALIVE? I don't want to question our military men and women, but who gave the order to KILL BIN LADEN, AND WHY?

wtf? Bush squandered the "good will" of the world.
And Saddam wasn't taken and killed, he was taken alive and turned over to the Newly elected Government of Iraq and HUNG.. that happened because we took out Saddam.
You have to ask, WHY WAS BIN Laden NOT taken ALIVE? I don't want to question our military men and women, but who gave the order to KILL BIN LADEN, AND WHY?

Because we are scheduled to start pulling out of Afghanistan in about three months and we need to start tying up loose ends?

you might have to ask those questions. Most of us know the answers.

We might not be fond of the answers but we understand them.

Fucking hackery. The righties on here bitching about this are unwilling/unable to see this as a good thing for the country and instead choose to fixate on what they are really scared of, anything that might help Obama.

I am just glad he's dead. I'd be glad he's dead if Bush, McCain, or Palin were in the White House when it happened.

Always nice to see people on the other side of the aisle opt out of hackary.

A tip of the hat.

That's exactly right. He also muddied a relatively simple and sane response to state sponsored terrorism:

"If you support terrorists that attack us, we will attack you and remove your regime from power."

That was his biggest failing. We are still off message.

Forum List

Back