Soldier doubts eligibility, defies president's orders

Obama "has absolutely refused to provide to the American public his original birth certificate, as well as other documents which may prove or disprove his eligibility," Easterling wrote. "In fact, he has fought every attempt made by concerned citizens in their effort to force him to do so."

What's Obama's reasoning for refusing to provide this information? If there isn't anything to hide, why all the hoopla? Why not just show the original birth certificate and/or other documents and be done with it?

I don't know what orders he'd defying, but if he think he's got an out for refusal to obey a legal order he's in for a unpleasant surprise.

I don't know what orders he'd defying, but if he think he's got an out for refusal to obey a legal order he's in for a unpleasant surprise.

you mean 2LT doesn't report directly to the c-in-c? :eek:

yep, this guy's gonna get his ass handed to him, even worse than your run of the mill butter bar. what a dope.

The guy is using lies and partisan hackery to come to this conclusion.

He should thank the republican party for feeding him bad info that is going to land him in prison.

But there is a lot of doubt in the public mind, and that is because the facts aren't truly known because they aren't a part of the public record.

No. There isn't. The Supreme Court said stop it and put it to rest. The State of Hawaii certified the birth record.

The loonies have to get over it. The hustlers and huxters have to stop preying on people using this issue.

And this putz is going to go to a Federal prison for a very long time.

Yay him! woooo hoooo... he sure showed 'em!

Just because hes a soldier doesnt mean he has an opnion. What about freedom of speech. Its his right to voice his opnion. Im married to a Sailor, who doesnt feel safe with Obama as president, does that mean hes going to be kicked out??

Just because hes a soldier doesnt mean he has an opnion. What about freedom of speech. Its his right to voice his opnion. Im married to a Sailor, who doesnt feel safe with Obama as president, does that mean hes going to be kicked out??

you don't have the right to refuse a lawful order.

and military people have limits on their freedom of speech. same as someone walking away from the military while bush was president is going to do or DID time.

Again, the high court has no issue and told the loonies to bugger off.....

But there is a lot of doubt in the public mind, and that is because the facts aren't truly known because they aren't a part of the public record.

No. There isn't. The Supreme Court said stop it and put it to rest. The State of Hawaii certified the birth record.
A record of live birth but not an acual birth certificate.

What to some seems trivially obvious requires nominal proof for others; otherwise it appears no rules as they are understood need apply to our governing class in every case. This breeds a growing cynicism.

Not according to the supreme court.

What to some seems trivially obvious requires nominal proof for others; otherwise it appears no rules as they are understood need apply to our governing class in every case. This breeds a growing cynicism.[/QUOTE]

What I think breeds growing cynicism is that we just got done with a president who was appointed by the supreme court in one of the worst supreme court decisions in history.

What also breeds cynicism are people who don't care that a president was elected with 365 electoral votes and the angry wingnuts can't stand being outsiders so are raising every possible piece of garbage to harass.

You have a problem with your supreme court such that you believe this soldier should violate a lawful order (given by someone...not the president, IMO) just to entertain the right wingnuts?

I think the guys a putz. And I think that elected officials encouraging this stuff borders on treason.

Wrong way to go about it.
Some must believe the best way to go about it is to raise the profile of the issue at every opportunity so as to convince ordinary folk to raise the issue with their Senators and Representatives. If that is the wrong way to go about it, what would be the right way?

He should wait until he's no longer in the service. He's so far below the President in the chain of command that IMHO there is no way he can claim that any orders he receives are unlawful. Also, whether anyone likes it or not, as a soldier your rights of free speech are restricted.

One more point in closing, he hasn't proven that Obama is in fact ineligible. This sort of conjecture is beyond the pay grade of an O-1, and in my day this clown would have ended up in the stockade. It's not up to Captain America the Wonder Lieutenant to determine Presidential fitness or eligibility.

Not according to the supreme court.
[The Supreme Court has not actually ruled to that effect.]

What to some seems trivially obvious requires nominal proof for others; otherwise it appears no rules as they are understood need apply to our governing class in every case. This breeds a growing cynicism.

What I think breeds growing cynicism is that we just got done with a president who was appointed by the supreme court in one of the worst supreme court decisions in history.
You are aware that the decision the supreme court actually made was that the state of Florida had to comply with their own law rather than to change that law in the election process; am I not right about that?

What also breeds cynicism are people who don't care that a president was elected with 365 electoral votes and the angry wingnuts can't stand being outsiders so are raising every possible piece of garbage to harass.
If it is only garbage let President Obama prove that by supplying an actual birth certificate.

You have a problem with your supreme court such that you believe this soldier should violate a lawful order (given by someone...not the president, IMO) just to entertain the right wingnuts?
No....punish him for violating a lawful order if he has done so. I don't think he has done that. He has simply made a statement about something he believes in. What lawful order has he refused to perform? I've read the article twice and only found that he has stated his privately held belief.

I think the guys a putz. And I think that elected officials encouraging this stuff borders on treason.
You are as welcome to that opinion as am I of mine. I think he's at least as brave as a Daniel Ellsberg, but has broken no public law nor violated any article of the UCMJ. If he had he would've been charged thus, because the military is unforgiving about that.

This guy will get discharged because he broke the UCMJ more than likely under Article 88-Contempt toward officials. He should have waited until he got out of the Military. As a Civilain I see no problem but he signed a contract with the Military and must follow the law of the UCMJ.

Last edited:
This guy will get discharged because he broke the UCMJ more than likely under Article 88-Contempt toward officials. He should have waited until he got out of the Military. As a Civilain I see no problem but he signed a contract with the Military and must follow the law of the UCMJ.

I think Easterling is smart as a fox. I don't believe he really has any doubts about President Obama's legitimacy as the Commander in Chief. Instead, this could be a ploy to get out of Iraq by doing something so monumentally embarrassing to the US Army that it has no choice but to pull him out of Iraq, charge him under the UCMJ but give him a Other Than Honorable Discharge which doesn't really count against him in the civilian world.

I could be wrong. After all, we are talking about a second lieutenant! :drillsergeant:

Forum List

Back