Wetback border crossings down 40%

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Thank you President Trump!! ..... :thup:

Washington (CNN) Illegal Southwest border crossings were down 40% last month, according to just released Customs and Border Protection numbers -- a sign that President Donald Trump's hardline rhetoric and policies on immigration may be having a deterrent effect.

Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly himself announced the month-to-month numbers, statistics that CBP usually quietly posts on its website without fanfare.
According to CBP data, the 40% drop in illegal Southwest border crossings from January to February is far outside normal seasonal trends. Typically, the January to February change is actually an increase of 10% to 20%.

Does border drop mean Trump's tough talk is working? - CNNPolitics.com

why do you call them wet backs? Because they have to cross the river?

I once had a Mexican friend tell me, "you call us beaners because we eat a lot of beans". "We should call you gringo's "potatoes" because you eat a lot of potatoes".

He was right, but it never caught on. .... :cool:

why do you call them wet backs? Because they have to cross the river?
Correct

I grew up southern Oklahoma /north Texas.

Most people just referred to them as "Wet's". .... :cool:
Lol no shit? I was just being facetious
Generally used as an ethnic slur,[2] the term was originally coined and applied only to Mexicans who entered the U.S. state of Texas from Mexico by crossing the Rio Grande, which forms the border between Texas and Mexico, presumably by swimming or wading across the river and getting wet in the process.[3]

Usage
The first mention of the term in The New York Times is dated June 20, 1920.[4] It was used officially by the US government, including Dwight D. Eisenhower[5] in 1954, with Operation Wetback, a project which was a mass deportation of illegal Mexican immigrants.[6]

The term can also be used as an adjective or a verb. As an adjective, it pertains to activities involving undocumented Mexican immigrants. The earliest known recorded use in this way is by John Steinbeck in Sweet Thursday as he wrote, "How did he get in the wet-back business?" It was originally used as a verb in 1978 in Thomas Sanchez's Hollywoodland with the meaning, "to gain illegal entry into the United States by swimming the Rio Grande".[7]

Wetback (slur) - Wikipedia

Always heard the term, just didn't know where it came from. I thought it was some kind of racist stuff or something.

Big changes are coming. "We the people" either are IMIGRANTS or children of immigrants,
we just aren't buying the current liberal propaganda when it comes to illegal aliens, sorry kiddos. We all want better lives. Illegal aliens should focus a little HARDER immigrating legally and acclimating.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back