Westworld is the best show on television

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I didn't think it could surpass Game of Thrones. In only 2 seasons it has by a wide margin.

If you have not seen it you need to. It is a cross between scifi & western and it is phenomenal

It is a cross between scifi & western and it is phenomenal

It’s been done before, better.

original-grid-image-21652-1381178192-10.jpg

Westworld is an American science fiction–thriller media franchise. It began in 1973 with the release of the film Westworld, written and directed by Michael Crichton. It depicts a technologically advanced, Western-themed amusement park populated by androids that malfunction and begin killing the human visitors.

Westworld - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westworld

Nope. This show is far better than Firefly.

I like ‘Westworld’. But, it’s a slow show. With more bad episodes per season than ‘Walking Dead’.

The whole non-linear timelines thing from the first season was an awesome plot twist. It’s become annoying in the second season.

^^^^^

I haven't gone through the second season yet. I enjoyed the first season, but it could really slog along at times. Firefly only had the one season, but it never dragged the way season 1 of Westworld sometimes did.

I don't want to make any real judgements until I've seen season 2, but I'm going to disagree about Westworld being the best show on TV. GoT isn't the only show I'd rank ahead of it based on season 1.

No this was the best Sci-Fi Western.

As much as I revere Bruce Campbell. This was his greatest role.

army-of-darkness_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by Ash vs Evil Dead. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed it was cancelled or happy it was cancelled before it got too out of control. :p

Sadly Bruce said it was popular enough to continue, but didn't make enough money because it was one of the most pirated shows on television. That's probably because it was on Starz.

No this was the best Sci-Fi Western.

As much as I revere Bruce Campbell. This was his greatest role.

army-of-darkness_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by Ash vs Evil Dead. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed it was cancelled or happy it was cancelled before it got too out of control. :p

Sadly Bruce said it was popular enough to continue, but didn't make enough money because it was one of the most pirated shows on television. That's probably because it was on Starz.

:lol:

Poor Starz. Joke of the 'premium' cable networks. I think they've put out some good programming, actually.

I like ‘Westworld’. But, it’s a slow show. With more bad episodes per season than ‘Walking Dead’.

The whole non-linear timelines thing from the first season was an awesome plot twist. It’s become annoying in the second season.

^^^^^

I haven't gone through the second season yet. I enjoyed the first season, but it could really slog along at times. Firefly only had the one season, but it never dragged the way season 1 of Westworld sometimes did.

I don't want to make any real judgements until I've seen season 2, but I'm going to disagree about Westworld being the best show on TV. GoT isn't the only show I'd rank ahead of it based on season 1.
First seasons are always a slog. They have to establish story, lore and character development.

Firefly was fun but it was more a campy comedy than anything else.

^^^^^

First seasons are always a slog. They have to establish story, lore and character development.

Firefly was fun but it was more a campy comedy than anything else.

First seasons are definitely not always a slog. Most of the time a first season is a make-or-break thing; if they are a slog, networks won't continue with them. That's not as true with the premium cable networks, but even there it's probably an issue.

If establishing story, lore, and character development are a slog, the show has bad writers IMO.

I didn't think it could surpass Game of Thrones. In only 2 seasons it has by a wide margin.

If you have not seen it you need to. It is a cross between scifi & western and it is phenomenal

We just caught it night before last and last night as well. Never seen it before.....well except the original with Yul Brenner back in the day.

I dunno yet if I 'like' it or not, but I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan either. Of what I have seen, it's been interesting.

I'm watching that movie right now.

Yesterday I was watching a YouTube video from some guy who bought 2 Tesla cars and named one Delores and the other Maeve because Westworld was his favorite movie.

And then I saw this thread.

I just have to find out what this Westworld is all about.

Forum List

Back