West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Could Disintegrate Within Decades

So what? Every "modern" textbook of the time taught all of the failed science of the day...you talk about textbooks as if they were handed down from divine beings...they are nothing more than what we know today...tomorrow, we know more and the textbooks of today become obsolete...your worship of science is sad....and why you are so willing to be fooled by it...

You used that argument many times. It means nothing as far as changing calculations involved in real world problems, such as thermodynamics, atomic physics, radiation, etc.

The basic physics theories of today are completely accurate enough to underlie physics involved in describing everything that has to do with sciences on earth. No future theory will change these descriptions at this basic level of science.

Correspondence principle | physics
Correspondence principle, philosophical guideline for the selection of new theories in physical science, requiring that they explain all the phenomena for which a preceding theory was valid.
You would know that if you took a beginning course in quantum mechanics.

I hope you are not trying to say that future textbooks will
change the definitions of spontaneity to preclude prior work,
say black body radiation fails near warmer objects,
say the CMB does not reach the earth surface,​
and many more, because those factors are in the my post that prompted your textbook obsolescence response.

Please think about the correspondence principle before you think future posts about textbook or science obsolescence is a credible retort.

So what? Every "modern" textbook of the time taught all of the failed science of the day...you talk about textbooks as if they were handed down from divine beings...they are nothing more than what we know today...tomorrow, we know more and the textbooks of today become obsolete...your worship of science is sad....and why you are so willing to be fooled by it...

You used that argument many times. It means nothing as far as changing calculations involved in real world problems, such as thermodynamics, atomic physics, radiation, etc.

The basic physics theories of today are completely accurate enough to underlie physics involved in describing everything that has to do with sciences on earth. No future theory will change these descriptions at this basic level of science.

Correspondence principle | physics
Correspondence principle, philosophical guideline for the selection of new theories in physical science, requiring that they explain all the phenomena for which a preceding theory was valid.
You would know that if you took a beginning course in quantum mechanics.

I hope you are not trying to say that future textbooks will
change the definitions of spontaneity to preclude prior work,
say black body radiation fails near warmer objects,
say the CMB does not reach the earth surface,​
and many more, because those factors are in the my post that prompted your textbook obsolescence response.

Please think about the correspondence principle before you think future posts about textbook or science obsolescence is a credible retort.

So you are back to pushing unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable models over reality...been there won that discussion...so tedious....so so so tedious...

Revisit all the past times you lost this discussion...the only thing I am avoiding is more tedium from you...it is all there, repeated ad nauseam...feel free to review your failure to make your case as much as you like...
Sorry you are nauseated by accepted basic science.

You essentially believe that no system is spontaneous and often quote the second law as,
It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

The second sentence would be of no practical importance to you since you don't believe any system involves spontaneity anyway. You might as well strike it out. The first sentence says it all.

So it's your contention that throwing open the front door on a sub zero day will cause the 72 F interior to absorb heat from the brutally colder outside?

Is the sub zero air somehow prevented from radiating toward the interior of my house?
Like a force field?

The colder air heats the hotter house, I see.

The same way part of a bowling ball ignores its rules and floats up into space when you release it down the lane

One thing at a time.

Is the sub zero air somehow prevented from radiating toward the interior of my house?

You're saying that there are times when the house temperature INCREASES after exposure to the cold?

Sorry you are nauseated by accepted basic science.

You essentially believe that no system is spontaneous and often quote the second law as,
It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

The second sentence would be of no practical importance to you since you don't believe any system involves spontaneity anyway. You might as well strike it out. The first sentence says it all.

So it's your contention that throwing open the front door on a sub zero day will cause the 72 F interior to absorb heat from the brutally colder outside?

Like a force field?

The same way part of a bowling ball ignores its rules and floats up into space when you release it down the lane

One thing at a time.

You're saying that there are times when the house temperature INCREASES after exposure to the cold?

First things first.

So you are back to pushing unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable models over reality...been there won that discussion...so tedious....so so so tedious...
It's really a shame that you think physics is so tedious. All the models of atomic physics, electrodynamics, and thermodynamics have been observed, measured, and tested countless times and expressed in mathematical form, ie models. But you are caught up in your dull vision that physics is wrong and you are right. So you have no more ability to respond to real physics and regress to tedium. So sad.

Oh the tedium of you going on about unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical models...on and on and on ad nauseam...

Like a force field?

One thing at a time.

First things first.

he answered you. why are you ignoring him? radiation implies heat correct? so you're saying the colder air heats your house. amazing. wish it would mine.

Oh the tedium of you going on about unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical models...on and on and on ad nauseam...

Oh, the tedium of trying to do anything with a troll.

Like a force field?

One thing at a time.

First things first.

he answered you. why are you ignoring him? radiation implies heat correct? so you're saying the colder air heats your house. amazing. wish it would mine.

he answered you.

Where? Which post #?

radiation implies heat correct?

No. Radiation is photons, or waves if you're old school.

so you're saying the colder air heats your house.

Nope. Never said that. Not once.

Maybe you can help Frank by answering?

One thing at a time.

First things first.

he answered you.

Where? Which post #?

does your house get warmed from the cool atmosphere?

One thing at a time.

First things first.

he answered you.

Where? Which post #?

How warm is my house, how cool is the atmosphere at the beginning of your "experiment"?

First things first.

he answered you.

Where? Which post #?

How warm is my house, how cool is the atmosphere at the beginning of your "experiment"?
Does it matter?

First things first.

he answered you.

Where? Which post #?

Does it matter?

Of course it matters.

he answered you.

Where? Which post #?

Does it matter?

Of course it matters.
Then your question is answered

he answered you.

Where? Which post #?

Does it matter?

Of course it matters.

Who answered the above question?

Does it matter?

Of course it matters.

This was your post;

Like a force field?

So if you need to know specific temperatures, then your question was answered.

Does it matter?

Of course it matters.

This was your post;

Like a force field?

Well, based on Frank's "data", the interior of the house radiates out a lot more than the cold air is radiating in.

So of course the house cools.

Does it matter?

Of course it matters.

This was your post;

Like a force field?

Well, based on Frank's "data", the interior of the house radiates out a lot more than the cold air is radiating in.

So of course the house cools.
And he answered the question!

Forum List

Back