Wernher Von Braun

Agreed.
I just find it fascinating thats actually on his grave, and his entire life was based on space.
You know i like discussing wild shit like this lol
Most engineers are religious, and this guy was pretty much an engineer.

Even a Japanese dude I know that's an engineer is very religious.

This guy was fascinating. Was a NAZI, a rocket scientist, worked for the US, worked with Walt Disney, director of the Marshall Space Flight Center, and his group of rocket engineers turned into NASA.

Had to move to the USA. Another part had to move to the Soviet Union. They had been seen like a kind of weapon who had have to be slaves of the US-American and the Russian government. For Wernher von Braun was this all totally unimportant. He was a fanatics who liked to bring human beings into the sky, into the space,

Considering the science stuff of his bio, look at his gravestone.
View attachment 835734

He died as a young man from my point of view. By the way: He had been born in Posen - once not only a city but a complete province of Prussia since 1793. After a Polish revolt in 1918 and because of the treaty of Versailles it became in 1920 - 2 years after the end of world war 1 - Polish. So you can say he grew up in the first eight years of his life in war and his family lost a lot. His father became "Reichsernährungsminister" (= minister for nutrition) in Berlin - what was astonishing because he had been a noble and the new goverment in the new republic of Weimar, Germany after world war 2 (before Hitler overtook), had been democratic.

That verse reads : The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

I doubt that Wernher von Braun really believed in god.

If you dont know what the "firmament" means : vast solid dome, created by God on the second day of creation, which divides the primal “waters” into upper and lower portions
From what I recall, people that take this literally, think space is all bullshit, and they think outside the firmament, is just water.

Eh? totally wrong. Firmament is the place where are the stars. Another English words is "welkin". In German it is "Himmelsgewölbe" from "Himmel" (=sky, heaven) and "Gewölbe" (=vault, dome). The German word for "cathedral" is "Dom". With water has this all absolutelly nothing to do.

Before you say it, I do not believe in the Abrahamic God.

Aha.

I find the 7 days of creation to be inconsistent with basic science.

:lol:

So I do not believe in a firmament, or a flat earth.

First of all never anyone believed in a flat Earth since Christians exist - also not Columbus who made a heavy miscalculation about the position of India. Indeed the "flat-Earthers" today are the people who called others "Flat-Earters".

Second: The universe is indeed flat as far as we know currenty - what means the sum of the angles in a triangle in the size of billions of lightyears has indeed 180° (within the scope of measurement accuracy). And still today someone is able to use the word "firmament" without any problem for the place where the stars live. Today we call this place normaly "the spacetime" and we know that the masses of stars (and planets) stretches this spacetime so that stable orbits are possible.

But for THAT GUY to have THAT verse on gravestone? Its crazy lol.

It's anything else than crazy. It's very wise to use this words. His way to god is perhaps really a much wider way than you - or anyone else - is able to imagine. But even when someone thinks "there is no way" showed Wernher von Braun that there is always a way. Remember: Someone was on the moon with "his" spaceship Saturn V - the first one which worked for this mission - decades ago. Perhaps there is also a way that god will be able to forgive him. We will see. God's decision - not our decision.

-----
Ein Psalm Davids, vorzusingen. Die Himmel erzählen die Ehre Gottes, und die Feste verkündigt seiner Hände Werk. Ein Tag sagt’s dem andern, und eine Nacht tut’s kund der andern, ohne Sprache und ohne Worte; unhörbar ist ihre Stimme. Ihr Schall geht aus in alle Lande und ihr Reden bis an die Enden der Welt. Er hat der Sonne ein Zelt am Himmel gemacht; sie geht heraus wie ein Bräutigam aus seiner Kammer und freut sich wie ein Held, zu laufen die Bahn. Sie geht auf an einem Ende des Himmels und läuft um bis wieder an sein Ende, und nichts bleibt vor ihrer Glut verborgen. Das Gesetz des Herrn ist vollkommen und erquickt die Seele. Das Zeugnis des Herrn ist gewiss und macht die Unverständigen weise. Die Befehle des Herrn sind richtig und erfreuen das Herz. Die Gebote des Herrn sind lauter und erleuchten die Augen. Die Furcht des Herrn ist rein und bleibt ewiglich. Die Rechte des Herrn sind wahrhaftig, allesamt gerecht. Sie sind köstlicher als Gold und viel feines Gold, sie sind süßer als Honig und Honigseim. Auch lässt dein Knecht sich durch sie warnen; und wer sie hält, der hat großen Lohn. Wer kann merken, wie oft er fehlet? Verzeihe mir die verborgenen Sünden! Bewahre auch deinen Knecht vor den Stolzen, dass sie nicht über mich herrschen; so werde ich ohne Tadel sein und unschuldig bleiben von großer Missetat. Lass dir wohlgefallen die Rede meines Mundes und das Gespräch meines Herzens vor dir, Herr, mein Fels und mein Erlöser.
-----
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat. The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults. Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
-----

-----

Last edited:
Not really sure what this means. I will admit we can reason out morality that is far superior to anything from a bronze age book of myths.
how about do unto others as you want them to do unto you?

is that so backward, or is it so on the nose that your military industrial complex habituations crack under the light?

This guy was fascinating. Was a NAZI, a rocket scientist, worked for the US, worked with Walt Disney, director of the Marshall Space Flight Center, and his group of rocket engineers turned into NASA.
Considering the science stuff of his bio, look at his gravestone.
View attachment 835734
That verse reads : The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
If you dont know what the "firmament" means : vast solid dome, created by God on the second day of creation, which divides the primal “waters” into upper and lower portions
From what I recall, people that take this literally, think space is all bullshit, and they think outside the firmament, is just water.

Before you say it, I do not believe in the Abrahamic God. I find the 7 days of creation to be inconsistent with basic science. So I do not believe in a firmament, or a flat earth. But for THAT GUY to have THAT verse on gravestone? Its crazy lol.
America's part to keep Nazi German scientists alive.

I was in the army at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama where the Nazi lived.

America's part to keep Nazi German scientists alive.

I was in the army at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama where the Nazi lived.
Corruption in space exists. We could deorbit the space station in several years more cheaply. However, we are spending over a billion dollars for a deorbiting vehicle to do it.

Not according to flat earthers.

"Flat Earthers" never existed. This is specially an invention from the author Washington Irving from the year 1828 in his book A History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus. In my words: Christopher Columbus had been an idiot who never had survived because the navigators of this time knew very well that the Earth is a globe with about 25,000 miles circumferrence. Christopher Columbus made some miscalculations which had costed the life of everyone who had sailed with him. So Mr. Irving made out of an careless idiot a kind of wise hero by using the myth all others who warned him had been "flat earthers". Christopher was lucky that the continent America was in his way to India - that's all.

Last edited:
"Flat Earthers" never existed. This is specially an invention from the author Washington Irving from the year 1828 in his book A History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus. In my words: Christopher Columbus had been an idiot who never had survived because the navigators of this time knew very well that the Earth is a globe with about 25,000 miles circumferrence. Christopher Columbus made some miscalculations which had costed the life of everyone who had sailed with him. So Mr. Irving made out of an careless idiot a kind of wise hero by using the myth all others who warned him had been "flat earthers". Christopher was lucky that the continent America was in his way to India - that's all.
There are flat earthers, dude. What are you talking about?

Von Braun wasn't the only Nazi at NASA back in the '60s. If you walked into the place back then and yelled, "Heil Hitler", half the staff would jump to their feet and salute.

What a nonsense. How many Germans worked in the Manhattan project and what had happened when someone had called there "Heil Hitler"? I will never understand why still today people think the expressions Jew and German are excluding each other and Nazi and German are the same. People who think so are still victims of Nazi propaganda.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back