‘We're done with Portland’: Some residents move away over what they say is the city's lack of response to homeless camps

I'll take the red states over woke states like Californiaany day, which always ranks near or at the top of most expensive states to live in.

So people must love California then.

I live in blue hell Oregon, and it's not only one of the most expensive to live in, housing, fuel, products, but we are right at the top of states with the most drug addicts per capita.

Oregon isn't bad.... but Portland is a shit story. Even Seattle has begin to get their shit together but Portland has a long way to go. Maybe try the east side? Bend is pretty cool and it's near Sunriver. Of course moving isn't always a reasonable option.

In fact other than Alaska, which of course is expensive because of it's location, blue states are always the top ten most expensive states to live in.

Again, because that is where people want to live. You are familiar with supply and demand right?

So people must love California then.

Oregon isn't bad.... but Portland is a shit story. Even Seattle has begin to get their shit together but Portland has a long way to go. Maybe try the east side? Bend is pretty cool and it's near Sunriver. Of course moving isn't always a reasonable option.

Again, because that is where people want to live. You are familiar with supply and demand right?

The ones staying love it, and they are paying for it. Problem is, California is now seeing a net loss of citizens for the first time, so obviously there's a breaking point.

As for Portland and Seattle, they both have woke city governments that have allowed crime to run rampant, and continually encourage homeless to come here despite the lousy weather. Law and order has taken a back seat to the new religion of 'equity'.

There are areas in Portland that you would never believe are in America if you suddenly were dropped here. When you look around this country's large cities, it's absolutely stunning what has been allowed to happen.

A good friend of mine is a real estate agent in Portland, and she's hating life right now...

I hope they don't move to red states just because the taxes are lower. As a result they are cesspools.

Worst education
Worst obesity
Worst opiates
Most murders.
Worst infrastructure

California's contributions to the federal coffers will go a long ways towards helping our fellow Americans in poorly run red states.

I wish them the best and will gladly help my fellow Americans in red states struggling by contributing my hard earned tax money to help. I just hope they learn to vote better.
Florida is a much better place to live than California

I hope they don't move to red states just because the taxes are lower. As a result they are cesspools.

Worst education
Worst obesity
Worst opiates
Most murders.
Worst infrastructure

California's contributions to the federal coffers will go a long ways towards helping our fellow Americans in poorly run red states.

I wish them the best and will gladly help my fellow Americans in red states struggling by contributing my hard earned tax money to help. I just hope they learn to vote better.

An entire post full of feelings. Great job!

No. Those are facts. Are you confused?
a blue state problem we don't have..
images (1).jpeg

Lol, besides the fact we have no idea when, where or who this a picture of, you better get your red states in order before throwing stones.

Good grief.
I've seen a homeless man take a shit in the middle of the median on I5 during rush hour. At least one of us has actually been to Portland.

I've seen a homeless man take a shit in the middle of the median on I5 during rush hour. At least one of us has actually been to Portland.
Make that at least two of us. I was just through their visiting my mother in law in Vancouver a couple weeks ago.

I used to stay near there a good bit. usually though I preferred Troutdale, closer to the river and away from the city.
Troutdale would be a good location. Like you say, far enough from Portland but close enough if you need something from the city.

Hopefully Dem leaders in that area can pull their collective heads out if their butts and straighten Portland out. Its going to cost them the state if they don't.

Even Seattle has seemed to improve quite a bit in the last 3 or 4 years (my kid lives their) but Portland is still pretty rough.

Troutdale would be a good location. Like you say, far enough from Portland but close enough if you need something from the city.

Hopefully Dem leaders in that area can pull their collective heads out if their butts and straighten Portland out. Its going to cost them the state if they don't.

Even Seattle has seemed to improve quite a bit in the last 3 or 4 years (my kid lives their) but Portland is still pretty rough.
Seattle is OK, I had the finest Asian food I've ever had there. I do wish someone would tell Danny Bonaduce that he really sucks as a morning DJ.

Forum List

Back