‘We're done with Portland’: Some residents move away over what they say is the city's lack of response to homeless camps

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
There are areas in Portland that you would never believe are in America if you suddenly were dropped here. When you look around this country's large cities, it's absolutely stunning what has been allowed to happen.

Portland’s Rapid Response Bio-Clean team worked for hours to clear out a large homeless camp at Southeast 80th Avenue and Rhine Street Monday morning — one that nearby residents said they'd reported to the city hundreds of times throughout summer, without much success.

So why doesn't the good people of Portland take their lawfully owned guns down town and clean house once and for all... all evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing....

So why doesn't the good people of Portland take their lawfully owned guns down town and clean house once and for all... all evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing....

Because there are few "good people" with guns anymore in this fucking city.

There are areas in Portland that you would never believe are in America if you suddenly were dropped here. When you look around this country's large cities, it's absolutely stunning what has been allowed to happen.

We were in the residential neighborhoods near 122nd and even in the residential areas there are tents pitched on the sidewalks in front of homes and the city will not do a thing. The city doesn't have it's taxpayers backs? I'd sell and move. Better yet, sell my home buy and RV and park it out in front of my old home for free and then apply for homeless benefits.

Seattle, Portland, San Francisco... what's the common denominator?

Add all these and it becomes clear:

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

Most Violent Cities in America

St. Louis, MO (2,082) - mayor - Democrat

Detroit, MI (2,057) - mayor - Democrat

Baltimore, MD (2,027) - mayor - Democrat

Memphis, TN (2,003) - mayor - Democrat

Little Rock, AR (1,634) - mayor - Democrat

Milwaukee, WI (1,597) - mayor - Democrat

Rockford, IL (1,588) - mayor - Democrat

Cleveland, OH (1,557) - mayor - Democrat

Stockton, CA (1,415) - mayor - Democrat

Albuquerque, NM (1,369) - mayor - Democrat

Springfield, MO (1,339) - mayor - Independent

Indianapolis, IN (1,334) - mayor - Democrat

Oakland, CA (1,299) - mayor - Democrat

San Bernardino, CA (1,291) - mayor - Republican

Anchorage, AK (1,203) - mayor - Independent

Nashville, TN (1,138) - mayor - Democrat

Lansing, MI (1,136) - mayor - Democrat

New Orleans, LA (1,121) - mayor - Democrat

Minneapolis, MN (1,101) - mayor - Democrat

Chicago, IL (1,099) - mayor - Democrat

We were in the residential neighborhoods near 122nd and even in the residential areas there are tents pitched on the sidewalks in front of homes and the city will not do a thing. The city doesn't have it's taxpayers backs? I'd sell and move. Better yet, sell my home buy and RV and park it out in front of my old home for free and then apply for homeless benefits.
Problem is, who's going to buy? No one wants to buy into that.

I hope they don't move to red states just because the taxes are lower. As a result they are cesspools.

Worst education
Worst obesity
Worst opiates
Most murders.
Worst infrastructure

California's contributions to the federal coffers will go a long ways towards helping our fellow Americans in poorly run red states.

I wish them the best and will gladly help my fellow Americans in red states struggling by contributing my hard earned tax money to help. I just hope they learn to vote better.

I hope they don't move to red states just because the taxes are lower. As a result they are cesspools.

Worst education
Worst obesity
Worst opiates
Most murders.
Worst infrastructure

California's contributions to the federal coffers will go a long ways towards helping our fellow Americans in poorly run red states.

I wish them the best and will gladly help my fellow Americans in red states struggling by contributing my hard earned tax money to help. I just hope they learn to vote better.
Value for the tax dollar is not there in blue states. Only privileged groups make out even if they are not doing well. There is a difference for many with union and nonunion.

Value for the tax dollar is not there in blue states. Only privileged groups make out even if they are not doing well. There is a difference for many with union and nonunion.
Is this your opinion?

Who does better, union or non union?

Worst education
Worst obesity
Worst opiates
Most murders.
Worst infrastructure

And as we all know California doesn't have a "homeless" problem.

They do have a homeless problem. So do a lot of states. Weather, state assistance etc draw them from all over the US.

That has nothing to do with the mess that is red states.

I'll take the red states over woke states like Californiaany day, which always ranks near or at the top of most expensive states to live in.
I live in blue hell Oregon, and it's not only one of the most expensive to live in, housing, fuel, products, but we are right at the top of states with the most drug addicts per capita.

In fact other than Alaska, which of course is expensive because of it's location, blue states are always the top ten most expensive states to live in.

Forum List

Back