‘We're done with Portland’: Some residents move away over what they say is the city's lack of response to homeless camps

Portland, San Francisco, Seattle…. All Left Coast cities run by Democrats who went easy on crime and appeased Leftist terrorism (ANTIFA). This all added up to failure. People are literally voting with their feet by moving out. As they had to states such as Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Texas…. They better limit their liberal line of thinking when they vote in their new towns and remember the radical policies that lead to their former cities’ failures.

Portland, San Francisco, Seattle…. All Left Coast cities run by Democrats who went easy on crime and appeased Leftist terrorism (ANTIFA). This all added up to failure. People are literally voting with their feet by moving out. As they had to states such as Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Texas…. They better limit their liberal line of thinking when they vote in their new towns and remember the radical policies that lead to their former cities’ failures.
Yet red states are failure but that's ok.

So much a failure that people are leaving blue states for red states.
And people are leaving red states for blue states. Woopty doo. If anything it simply shows red states are cheaper to live in because nobody wants to be there. That's how capitalism works.

Red states still typically have the worst education, worst infrastructure, highest obesity and most murders per Capita.

And people are leaving red states for blue states. Woopty doo. If anything it simply shows red states are cheaper to live in because nobody wants to be there. That's how capitalism works.

Red states still typically have the worst education, worst infrastructure, highest obesity and most murders per Capita.

The “better” education and infrastructure in the Blue states are not enough to keep people. Further, taxes and regulations are egregious in blue states. And per capita murder and obesity rates are not a factor as much as the raw numbers of murders and obesity in the Blue states.

Just sayin - the Portland loons have been saying this for years.
Another example of virtue signalers having to deal with what they brought on to themselves.
All over Youtube, and even Netflix, you can find documentaries and news stories/blogs etc. etc. about the huge problem.... that is 10 years old.
It has been building up for a long time. And every time the city has tried to do something - the gated liberals cry out unfair!!... mean!!!.... until... the homeless starting becoming a problem for them.

The “better” education and infrastructure in the Blue states are not enough to keep people.

Doesn't keep some people. I imagine older people who are empty nesters don't care as much about that stuff.

But sure, I certainly will acknowledge more people are leaving Cali and a couple other blue states then in the past, although I deny the mass exodus many Repubs contend.

It only stands to reason. So many people want to live there that expenses are very high. Many can't afford those expenses anymore because of inflation etc so they move. Big deal. Capitalism at work.

Further, taxes and regulations are egregious in blue states.

Taxes are mostly why blue states generally have better education and infastructure ...and less obesity probably too since taxes go toward parks and trails and marketing healthy lifestyles.

Tax cuts have long term consequences and we see that in how many red states are struggling.
And per capita murder and obesity rates are not a factor as much as the raw numbers of murders and obesity in the Blue states.
Why would a person use raw numbers? That makes no sense. Per Capita is the only thing that makes sense.

Based on your logic, every single citizen in north Dakota could be a fat uneducated murderer but California would still be a worse? Lol.

Doesn't keep some people. I imagine older people who are empty nesters don't care as much about that stuff.

But sure, I certainly will acknowledge more people are leaving Cali and a couple other blue states then in the past, although I deny the mass exodus many Repubs contend.

It only stands to reason. So many people want to live there that expenses are very high. Many can't afford those expenses anymore because of inflation etc so they move. Big deal. Capitalism at work.

Taxes are mostly why blue states generally have better education and infastructure ...and less obesity probably too since taxes go toward parks and trails and marketing healthy lifestyles.

Tax cuts have long term consequences and we see that in how many red states are struggling.

Why would a person use raw numbers? That makes no sense. Per Capita is the only thing that makes sense.

Based on your logic, every single citizen in north Dakota could be a fat uneducated murderer but California would still be a worse? Lol.

Speaking of per capita...

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

St. Louis, MO (2,082) - mayor - Democrat

Detroit, MI (2,057) - mayor - Democrat

Baltimore, MD (2,027) - mayor - Democrat

Memphis, TN (2,003) - mayor - Democrat

Little Rock, AR (1,634) - mayor - Democrat

Milwaukee, WI (1,597) - mayor - Democrat

Rockford, IL (1,588) - mayor - Democrat

Cleveland, OH (1,557) - mayor - Democrat

Stockton, CA (1,415) - mayor - Democrat

Albuquerque, NM (1,369) - mayor - Democrat

Springfield, MO (1,339) - mayor - Independent

Indianapolis, IN (1,334) - mayor - Democrat

Oakland, CA (1,299) - mayor - Democrat

San Bernardino, CA (1,291) - mayor - Republican

Anchorage, AK (1,203) - mayor - Independent

Nashville, TN (1,138) - mayor - Democrat

Lansing, MI (1,136) - mayor - Democrat

New Orleans, LA (1,121) - mayor - Democrat

Minneapolis, MN (1,101) - mayor - Democrat

Chicago, IL (1,099) - mayor - Democrat

Speaking of per capita...

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

St. Louis, MO (2,082) - mayor - Democrat

Detroit, MI (2,057) - mayor - Democrat

Baltimore, MD (2,027) - mayor - Democrat

Memphis, TN (2,003) - mayor - Democrat

Little Rock, AR (1,634) - mayor - Democrat

Milwaukee, WI (1,597) - mayor - Democrat

Rockford, IL (1,588) - mayor - Democrat

Cleveland, OH (1,557) - mayor - Democrat

Stockton, CA (1,415) - mayor - Democrat

Albuquerque, NM (1,369) - mayor - Democrat

Springfield, MO (1,339) - mayor - Independent

Indianapolis, IN (1,334) - mayor - Democrat

Oakland, CA (1,299) - mayor - Democrat

San Bernardino, CA (1,291) - mayor - Republican

Anchorage, AK (1,203) - mayor - Independent

Nashville, TN (1,138) - mayor - Democrat

Lansing, MI (1,136) - mayor - Democrat

New Orleans, LA (1,121) - mayor - Democrat

Minneapolis, MN (1,101) - mayor - Democrat

Chicago, IL (1,099) - mayor - Democrat
Hmmm...I wonder if thats because almost all big cities are run by Dems.

I’m not anti tax. I am anti egregious taxes and regulation…. Please tell me how and why this does not impact cost of living? As for the per capita argument, there are plenty of obese people in blue states and I’m sure people would rather take their chances of getting murdered or assaulted in the high per capita regions as opposed to Portland where Leftist terrorists are free to keep people from crossing the street or beating the shit out of drivers because they made a wrong turn. How’s that for quality of life? As for per capita murders and assaults, what are the numbers for those people leaving red states for the lower per capita murder and assault rates in San Francisco??

I’m not anti tax. I am anti egregious taxes and regulation…. Please tell me how and why this does not impact cost of living?

Egregious taxes are a matter of opinion but of course any tax impacts cost of living. Some voters are more inclined to increase their cost of living via taxes for the public services they provide.

Regulations are somewhat similar. Matter of opinion but I agree with you on this one. Dem run states tend to regulate to much but conversely I think some red states don't regulate enough so their is that.

As for the per capita argument, there are plenty of obese people in blue states and I’m sure people would rather take their chances of getting murdered or assaulted in the high per capita regions as opposed to Portland where Leftist terrorists are free to keep people from crossing the street or beating the shit out of drivers because they made a wrong turn. How’s that for quality of life?

Of course blue states have obese people, it's just red states tend to have more and that obesity is costing the US billions in avoidable medical costs.

Portland is a shit hole at the moment, I certainly won't contest that but you are heaping in some hyperbole. I frequent Portland now and then cause I have relatives who live across the river in Vancouver, and while some parts are shit much of it is still nice.

That said, Portland better get it's shit together or Oregon will be turning red.

As for per capita murders and assaults, what are the numbers for those people leaving red states for the lower per capita murder and assault rates in San Francisco??
I don't think people are leaving because of murders, just general crime and cost of living. Probably more for cost of living but admittedly I don't have stats for why.

Egregious taxes are a matter of opinion but of course any tax impacts cost of living. Some voters are more inclined to increase their cost of living via taxes for the public services they provide.

Regulations are somewhat similar. Matter of opinion but I agree with you on this one. Dem run states tend to regulate to much but conversely I think some red states don't regulate enough so their is that.

Of course blue states have obese people, it's just red states tend to have more and that obesity is costing the US billions in avoidable medical costs.

Portland is a shit hole at the moment, I certainly won't contest that but you are heaping in some hyperbole. I frequent Portland now and then cause I have relatives who live across the river in Vancouver, and while some parts are shit much of it is still nice.

That said, Portland better get it's shit together or Oregon will be turning red.

I don't think people are leaving because of murders, just general crime and cost of living. Probably more for cost of living but admittedly I don't have stats for why.
Portland is a beautiful city. Liberal leaders need to stop ceding to the extremists in their party and the city will be better.

Portland is a beautiful city. Liberal leaders need to stop ceding to the extremists in their party and the city will be better.
Well they certainly need to put a stop to the crime and homelessness instead of ignoring it.

Seattle was in the same boat a few years ago but has gotten quite a bit better lately. Hopefully Portland can do the same.

Forum List

Back