Well?????????????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by random3434, Dec 25, 2010.

1. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    What was your favorite gift you recieved today?

And better yet, what was the best one you gave to someone?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    My 2 1/2 yr old grandson gave me a big hug and kiss and told me he loved me.

Kinda hard to top that. But it was yesterday evening not today. Does that count?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I gave Mrs. BBD a 3/4 length black mink coat. She loves it. It will keep her warm. She gets bitchy when she gets cold.

I asked for an inflatable Sarah Palin love doll but I didn't get it. Instead, I got a damned old inflatable sheep cause that's what was on sale.:(

4. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Best gift ever!

You win!

5. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    Well ... I can tell you what was NOT my favorite gift. I dozed off to sleep and my daughter wakes me up screaming "MOM! !MOM!!" I asked what was wrong and she said she thought someone was trying to break in - you know - doorknob moving, some noises at the door. She kept asking me if I heard it and I kept saying no. Finally, she opened up the door just a bit and there was nothing out there.

She hears it again and that time I heard it, too. Things got quiet, she opened the door wider and stuck her head out. My neighbor across the way and somebody else was downstairs and said, "Watch out for that 'coon, honey."

"What 'coon?"

"The one hanging up there over your head."

She looked and let out a scream and slammed the door. [Laughter from downstairs was heard.] I had a freaking raccoon hanging on my door!! I didn't know the damned things could climb - and neither did my daughter! She swears the thing was bigger than she is.

She's ranting and raving - got on her phone with a friend - who assured her 'coons could climb. I'm on the house phone calling the maintenance emergency call service. The woman assured me that 'coons could climb, but that 'coons were not on the emergency list. Fine. Called police non-emergency but was told animal control was not working tonight and that they only handled domestic animals - I'd have to call TN wildlife people while she was now on the phone with her sister who lives in VA.

Passed the news on to my daughter. "GREAT!! &*#_%%^(__ and I'm trapped inside this apartment and I am NOT going to be trapped inside with you for three days!! I'll jump over the balcony rail if I have to!!"

"See, Mom - THIS is why people have GUNS!"

It was starting to get pretty funny by then. I told her if she wanted guns to call her brother. AND SHE DID!! OMG!! We're in TN and her brother is at Ft. Drum, NY. His wife had just flown in from GA where she's in grad school at UGA ... the LAST thing on his mind was probably shooting raccoons.

It seems like all might be quiet on the front door ... but not sure how well my daughter will sleep on the sofa tonight. She's been muttering #(@*#$& off and on. I volunteered to sleep on the sofa and she said, "Why, hell no!!! The way you sleep if somebody WAS breaking in you'd never hear it."

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,390
    This. Love it. :thup:

[​IMG]

Gave the wife a Kindle.

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    LOL good story.

Keep the door locked the darned things can turn doorknobs as well.

8. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    Well ... I can tell you what was NOT my favorite gift. I dozed off to sleep and my daughter wakes me up screaming "MOM! !MOM!!" I asked what was wrong and she said she thought someone was trying to break in - you know - doorknob moving, some noises at the door. She kept asking me if I heard it and I kept saying no. Finally, she opened up the door just a bit and there was nothing out there.

She hears it again and that time I heard it, too. Things got quiet, she opened the door wider and stuck her head out. My neighbor across the way and somebody else was downstairs and said, "Watch out for that 'coon, honey."

"What 'coon?"

"The one hanging up there over your head."

She looked and let out a scream and slammed the door. [Laughter from downstairs was heard.] I had a freaking raccoon hanging on my door!! I didn't know the damned things could climb - and neither did my daughter! She swears the thing was bigger than she is.

She's ranting and raving - got on her phone with a friend - who assured her 'coons could climb. I'm on the house phone calling the maintenance emergency call service. The woman assured me that 'coons could climb, but that 'coons were not on the emergency list. Fine. Called police non-emergency but was told animal control was not working tonight and that they only handled domestic animals - I'd have to call TN wildlife people while my daughter was now on the phone with her sister who lives in VA.

Passed the news on to my daughter. "GREAT!! &*#_%%^(__ and I'm trapped inside this apartment and I am NOT going to be trapped inside with you for three days!! I'll jump over the balcony rail if I have to!!"

"See, Mom - THIS is why people have GUNS!"

It was starting to get pretty funny by then. I told her if she wanted guns to call her brother. AND SHE DID!! OMG!! We're in TN and her brother is at Ft. Drum, NY. His wife had just flown in from GA where she's in grad school at UGA ... the LAST thing on his mind was probably shooting raccoons.

It seems like all might be quiet on the front door ... but not sure how well my daughter will sleep on the sofa tonight. She's been muttering #(@*#$& off and on. I volunteered to sleep on the sofa and she said, "Why, hell no!!! The way you sleep if somebody WAS breaking in you'd never hear it."

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    Watching and listening to my grandkids taking turns reading from the book of Luke before opening their gifts.
    :cool:

10. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,080
    i got so much, i can't even begin to sort out what was 'best', but my best gift given was a new acoustic electric guitar to the hubby!