WELL...this is interesting: Brian Williams (NBC newscaster) admits lying

Porker

Barack Obama Village Idiot b.1961 Kenya
Dec 1, 2014
Jefferson County, Missouri
Last edited:
Wow I was laughing about this in an earlier thread; but now I've taken the time to actually read the article.

I don't think I've ever seen more cherry-picking from a monologue or more taking statements out of context in my life. But I bet it'll make for great ratings on faux news and lots of hits on drudgereport.

Wow as soon as I posted that I went to drudge to see if this story happens to be featured and SURPRISE it's the headline and all the subheadlines. Stay close to the flock cons!

Well no damned wonder...Here is Dan Rather, Jr. (liar) seeking his own heroism by stretching the truth, placing himself on the copter that crashed rather than the one that landed safely. That's what you call "original reporting".

Interesting.

255827D800000578-2940276-image-m-22_1423093175697.jpg

The day after Williams' report, one crew member responded to the story on NBC NIghtly News' Facebook and said that he remembered things rather differently

2558D07200000578-2940276-image-m-30_1423095819402.jpg

Another man, Joseph Miller, who claimed to be on Williams' aircraft at the time said he had been 'calling him out on this for a long time with no response

Brian Williams forced to admit he was NOT shot down in the Iraq War NBC anchor apologizes after angry soldiers protest Daily Mail Online

Wow I was laughing about this in an earlier thread; but now I've taken the time to actually read the article.

I don't think I've ever seen more cherry-picking from a monologue or more taking statements out of context in my life. But I bet it'll make for great ratings on faux news and lots of hits on drudgereport.

Oh really? Taken out of context? You really need to check out the Letterman show.

"The tale takes a more dramatic twist during a 2013 appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman. By now Williams is recalling that two helicopter were hit - including his.

‘Two of our four helicopters were hit by ground fire including the one I was in,’ he told Letterman."

Brian Williams forced to admit he was NOT shot down in the Iraq War NBC anchor apologizes after angry soldiers protest Daily Mail Online

Wow as soon as I posted that I went to drudge to see if this story happens to be featured and SURPRISE it's the headline and all the subheadlines. Stay close to the flock cons!

It's a big story. Williams continually lying about this incident throughout the years will of course garner headlines.

Hey.......at least he took the time to correct the record.

When has FAUX Nooze ever corrected themselves?

Actually just recently. A guest who purported themselves to be a terrorism expert claimed that Birmingham was completely inhabited by Muslims and exaggerated about "no go zones" during an interview.

Fox apologized to Birmingham and to Paris and to all their viewers.

but really nothing new for the democratic national media, also known as the drive-by media, AKA as the main stream media, AKA as the hiding the facts Medial or the Not reporting certain news media.

Brian Williams Admits to Falsely Saying He Was Shot Down Over Iraq in 2003 UPDATED .

Says he was on a copter that was shot down in IRAQ. Uh uh..

And video...
Oh no, he told a lie?! Let's see how many times I have lied....tick.....tick....tick....never mind, I don't have my calculator.

but really nothing new for the democratic national media, also known as the drive-by media, AKA as the main stream media, AKA as the hiding the facts Medial or the Not reporting certain news media.

Brian Williams Admits to Falsely Saying He Was Shot Down Over Iraq in 2003 UPDATED .

And video...
Oh no, he told a lie?! Let's see how many times I have lied....tick.....tick....tick....never mind, I don't have my calculator.
You don't have a news show or a reputation.

Soon, same may be said about Brian Williams.

NBC’s Brian Williams recants Iraq story after soldiers protest
'I spent much of the weekend thinking I'd gone crazy.
I feel terrible about making this mistake'

WASHINGTON — NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams admitted Wednesday he was not aboard a helicopter hit and forced down by RPG fire during the invasion of Iraq in 2003, a false claim that has been repeated by the network for years.

Williams repeated the claim Friday during NBC’s coverage of a public tribute at a New York Rangers hockey game for a retired soldier that had provided ground security for the grounded helicopters, a game to which Williams accompanied him. In an interview with Stars and Stripes, he said he had misremembered the events and was sorry.
NBC s Brian Williams recants Iraq story after soldiers protest - U.S. - Stripes

And video...

C'mon now.....Williams is a piker!!!!

Want really real lies.....go to the professionals!

We should continue to expose the 'myths' of the left, but should not expect them to admit that they are myths: for, without their 'bed time stories,' what do they have left? (pun intended)

[May 29, 1953 Sir Edmund Hillary and Norgay Climb Mount Everest: After years of dreaming about it and seven weeks of climbing, New Zealander Edmund Hillary and Nepalese Tenzing Norgay reached the top of Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world, at 11:30 a.m. on May 29, 1953.

Now, the most transparent lie told by a politician:

"On a first-lady goodwill tour of Asia in April 1995—the kind of banal trip that she now claims as part of her foreign-policy "experience"—Mrs. Clinton had been in Nepal and been briefly introduced to the late Sir Edmund Hillary, conqueror of Mount Everest. Ever ready to milk the moment, she announced that her mother had actually named her for this famous and intrepid explorer. The claim "worked" well enough to be repeated at other stops and even showed up in Bill Clinton's memoirs almost a decade later, as one more instance of the gutsy tradition that undergirds the junior senator from New York.

Clinton was born in 1947, and Sir Edmund Hillary and his partner Tenzing Norgay did not ascend Mount Everest until 1953, so the story was self-evidently untrue and eventually yielded to fact-checking.

For Sen. Clinton, something is true if it validates the myth of her striving and her "greatness" (her overweening ambition in other words) and only ceases to be true when it no longer serves that limitless purpose. "
The case against Hillary Clinton. - By Christopher Hitchens - Slate Magazine]

Forum List

Back