Welfare….The Scam...

….and how to beat it.

One way of saying it is…..
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?" -Mark 8:36”

And, a different way:
“Earned success is the secret to meaningful happiness. The government can improve your net worth with a check, but it cannot improve your self-worth.”
Jonah Goldberg

1.I can’t say that Trump has a better understanding of the value of earning than the Democrats/Liberals, but there is the sense that for the Left, it is no more than a vote-buying scheme.

a. Over half a century and $22 trillion poured into the scheme, the poverty rate is but a few points lower.

b. The main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.

Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.
Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.

2. Today, under Trump, there are more job openings today than there are unemployed workers.
“The Trump administration on Wednesday released a final rule strengthening work requirements in the food stamp program.”

Let the hand-wringing begin!

3. “…first, let’s look at what the Trump administration food stamp reform would do and who it would affect. … the reform does not affect parents with minor children, the elderly, or disabled. It is limited to able-bodied adults without dependents. There are currently 3 million such people receiving food stamp benefits. The overwhelming majority have zero employment and earnings. Under the rule, some recipient able-bodied adults without dependents who have received aid for more than three months would be required to take a job; if a job is not immediately available, recipients would be required to undertake training, perform community service work, or at least look for a job.
The Truth About the New Food Stamp Work Requirements’ Effects

That's right: work for what your receive.

The 'tough love' method.
The Common Law system is a welfare system - I no longer care to address this issue, since generally speaking it's based on appeals to emotion, folk wisdom, and inconsistency, or only objecting to certain forms of "welfare" while showing ignorance to other forms, or not knowing the difference between Federal and State governments and welfare or benefits programs.

Most of it is factually erroneous, and most people are benefitting from it in someway or another, so it's just a "red button" issue like "gay marriage" which generates lots of emotional ire, dishonesty, and patent ignorance.

" I no longer care to address this issue, ..."

Who cares?

Get lost.
I made a statement, you can't address it.

The only ones consistent on this issue, at least in theory are the so-called anarchists, and in practice they aren't, since they refuse to start their own nonviolent communities because by their own admission, they wouldn't survive, or stop using services such as the internet which have received government funding since it's inception - showing that anarchy doesn't work, even if in theory, it's beautiful.

If you're under the Common Law system, you're under a "welfare system".

Here's your statement, windbag:

I addressed it:
Get lost.
You addressed it by saying "get lost" - you didn't address my points at all.

In practice, what I may try to do some day is find a documented history of all government spending from the present day, back to the day that America was founded, and see where the money has been really going this entire time (the internet itself was built in part with government funding, I know that much).

Then we'll know if, in practice, arguments such as Originalism, as beautiful as they may be in theory, are feasible, and what exactly would be required in order to pursue that ideal, and how many, in practice, are actually willing to do that.

Did you write this?

Now get lost.

1) get trained in an in demand field
2). Get out there and work your way up the ladder
3). Constantly seek a better job, higher pay. Be ready to give 3 days notice at any time, especially when most needed by you current employer. 3 days is more than enough notice.
4). Don't worry about having a family if it's not one of your goals. Focusing on ones career may be a better route if you wish to live more independently.

To whom or what are you addressing this?

The Common Law system is a welfare system - I no longer care to address this issue, since generally speaking it's based on appeals to emotion, folk wisdom, and inconsistency, or only objecting to certain forms of "welfare" while showing ignorance to other forms, or not knowing the difference between Federal and State governments and welfare or benefits programs.

Most of it is factually erroneous, and most people are benefitting from it in someway or another, so it's just a "red button" issue like "gay marriage" which generates lots of emotional ire, dishonesty, and patent ignorance.

Who cares?

Get lost.

The only ones consistent on this issue, at least in theory are the so-called anarchists, and in practice they aren't, since they refuse to start their own nonviolent communities because by their own admission, they wouldn't survive, or stop using services such as the internet which have received government funding since it's inception - showing that anarchy doesn't work, even if in theory, it's beautiful.

I addressed it:
Get lost.

In practice, what I may try to do some day is find a documented history of all government spending from the present day, back to the day that America was founded, and see where the money has been really going this entire time (the internet itself was built in part with government funding, I know that much).

Then we'll know if, in practice, arguments such as Originalism, as beautiful as they may be in theory, are feasible, and what exactly would be required in order to pursue that ideal, and how many, in practice, are actually willing to do that.

Did you write this?

Now get lost.
Adios

Who cares?

Get lost.

I addressed it:
Get lost.

Did you write this?

Now get lost.
Adios

Finally.

the op lives in canada and soaks up welfare faster than she can say free - obviously AN EXPERT on the topic.

10. Trump’s “rule represents a positive nudge toward employment for work-capable adults who are currently unemployed and receiving aid. Studies show that this type of work requirement reduces dependence and increases employment.

Work requirements also ultimately benefit Americans who are capable of working. A major problem in the welfare state is that benefits tend to reduce work and earnings among the affected population. Random assignment controlled experiments (conducted as part of national income maintenance experiments) offer—by far—the best information on the effects of welfare on behavior.

These experiments show that each $1 in welfare transfers typically results in 66 cents in reduced employment and earning.

11. Work requirements were at the heart of successful welfare reform in the 1990s. That reform replaced the old Aid to Families with Dependent Children program with a new program called Temporary Assistance to Needy Families.

The Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program, for the first time, required single parents to work or prepare for work as a condition for receiving aid. As a result, welfare caseloads plummeted, employment surged, and child poverty dropped at a record rate.

The program was regarded as a remarkable success.”
The Truth About the New Food Stamp Work Requirements’ Effects

What happened to that "successful welfare reform in the 1990s"?

The Democrat party killed it to prevent their 'slaves' from escaping the plantation.

Taxing the wealthy who spend little in consumerism, to expand it to more people as consumers in the form of welfare spending is an economic win.

Saving peoples lives by providing them welfare is a morale win.

The only issue is that welfare should do more to promote work for those that can.

That doesn't include obviously people who can't work, with serious physical, and mental disabilities, like those missing limbs, often our very Veterans, those with Down Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Lou Gehrigs disease, Schizophrenia, Bi Polar, Leukemia, various Heart diseases, and Cancers etc etc.

Taxing the wealthy who spend little in consumerism, to expand it to more people as consumers in the form of welfare spending is an economic win.

The only issue is that welfare should do more to promote work for those that can.

That doesn't include obviously people who can't work, with serious physical, and mental disabilities, like those missing limbs, often our very Veterans, those with Down Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Lou Gehrigs disease, Schizophrenia, Bi Polar, Leukemia, various Heart diseases, and Cancers etc etc.

"Saving peoples lives by providing them welfare is a morale win."

You must believe that it is necessary for you to prove you're a fool each and every day.

Trust me: there is a carry-over, folks have a memory.....they've seen your posts....they already know what you are.

For your education...if that is possible:
There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

2. If you have cable TV….you’re not poor.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

4. If you live in the city, and you have a car….you’re not poor.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

And you certainly aren't about to die without that welfare check the Democrats use to buy your vote.

Last edited:

You must believe that it is necessary for you to prove you're a fool each and every day.

Trust me: there is a carry-over, folks have a memory.....they've seen your posts....they already know what you are.

There's no poverty, you have no need to either prepare to step over dead bodies due to starvation.....nor to ever vote Democrat again.

1. There is no poverty, no need for you to fork over a third or more of your income to the bosses.
Not the sham perpetuated by the Left to manipulate the soft-hearted/soft-headed to vote Democrat. I mean actual poverty.

Here’s the real definition, not one that is based on some folks having a slightly smaller house than you, or only a 50inch TV….

No Home, No Heat, No Food…..real poverty. If there is such a category in America, it is no more than a rounding error.

3. If you don’t clip the coupons and shop at several grocery stores for the best prices….you know you’re not really poor.

5.If you spend more time signing up for government welfare programs rather than looking for creative ways to make some money,….you’re not poor- there are other words to describe you, and they aren't compliments.

And you certainly aren't about to die without that welfare check the Democrats use to buy your vote.

Without social programs, poverty would be a lot worse in the USA.

The 2 biggest drops in poverty, and 2 biggest economic booms in 20th Century US history happened when FDR implemented Social Security, and when LBJ implemented Welfare.

That doesn't mean that Communism solves, anything.
Neither does Libertarianism.

It's about proportionate balance.

The 2 biggest drops in poverty, and 2 biggest economic booms in 20th Century US history happened when FDR implemented Social Security, and when LBJ implemented Welfare.

There is no poverty, you dunce.

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

• Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
  • Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
  • The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
  • Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.
  • Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
  • Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
  • Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.

As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II.
How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America

Sooo….Democrat voter…..feel like a sucker?

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

• Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
  • Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
  • The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
  • Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.
  • Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
  • Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
  • Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.

As a group, America's poor are far from being chronically undernourished. The average consumption of protein, vitamins, and minerals is virtually the same for poor and middle-class children and, in most cases, is well above recommended norms. Poor children actually consume more meat than do higher-income children and have average protein intakes 100 percent above recommended levels. Most poor children today are, in fact, supernourished and grow up to be, on average, one inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than the GIs who stormed the beaches of Normandy in World War II.

Dumb comment, by an obviously frightfully dumb person.

There is real poverty in America, people waiting for Section 8, waiting for welfare, waiting for Social Security Disability, many of them end up in homeless shelters, halfway houses, or even on the streets, with very meager possessions, struggling for food, and even shelter. (Sadly)

The fact is not everyone can work, or work enough hours.

The fact is people are swamped with student debt.

The fact is housing is fairly expensive, in many places. Even at entry level rates.

The fact is people who work minimum wage, won't have as much opportunity, and tend to get stuck.

There is real poverty in America, people waiting for Section 8, waiting for welfare, waiting for Social Security Disability, many of them end up in homeless shelters, halfway houses, or even on the streets, with very meager possessions, struggling for food, and even shelter. (Sadly)

The fact is housing is fairly expensive, in many places. Even at entry level rates.

The fact is people who work minimum wage, won't have as much opportunity, and tend to get stuck.

Sometimes there are morons for whom the indoctrination is indelible.....no matter the facts.
Raise you paw.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?

The greatest bar to becoming wealthy is taxation.

Without the excessive Democrat taxation, one parent could remain home and raise the children.

Sometimes there are morons for whom the indoctrination is indelible.....no matter the facts.
Raise you paw.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?

First off the American poor is counted with those who do get social benefits to help prop them up.

Second off I've met people who live in Homeless shelters because they are waiting for Section 8, and currently can't afford housing, also people who are awaiting Welfare, and Social Security Disability.

There are people with literally 0 incomes in the USA.

Some people with physical, and mental disabilities wait years for Social Security Disability, Welfare, Section 8, etc.

You simply are an ignorant buffoon.

Raise you paw.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

First off the American poor is counted with those who do get social benefits to help prop them up.

Second off I've met people who live in Homeless shelters because they are waiting for Section 8, and currently can't afford housing, also people who are awaiting Welfare, and Social Security Disability.

Some people with physical, and mental disabilities wait years for Social Security Disability, Welfare, Section 8, etc.

Did you find anything in my posts that you can dispute?

No?

So, yours is simply one more 'Is not, issssssssss noooootttttt!!' post from a Liberal simpleton.

Now....isn't that what I said from the start?

Without the excessive Democrat taxation, one parent could remain home and raise the children.

I'd agree that Property tax rates that are high, add on tabs to lower, and middle class people.

Its NOT just Democrat taxation.

I live in a town which has voted almost always for Republican since Abraham Lincoln, and surprise, surprise taxes range about 10,000 a year on average.

NYC which isn't too far away from here, and is mostly Democrat voting, and Democrat run, actually has taxes a fraction of what we do.

Raise you paw.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

No?

So, yours is simply one more 'Is not, issssssssss noooootttttt!!' post from a Liberal simpleton.

I have 2 friends who recently got laid off of their jobs, and could no longer afford rent.

They both ended up in homeless shelters.

A homeless shelter called Hillcrest in Poughkeepsie, and sometimes was "FULL" and therefor they'd sometimes sleep on the streets.

I also know a couple who worked minimum wage, and had to live at Hillcrest homeless shelter in Poughkeepsie.

You have no clue, whatsoever, what goes on in the real world.

I'd agree that Property tax rates that are high, add on tabs to lower, and middle class people.

I live in a town which has voted almost always for Republican since Abraham Lincoln, and surprise, surprise taxes range about 10,000 a year on average.

NYC which isn't too far away from here, and is mostly Democrat voting, and Democrat run, actually has taxes a fraction of what we do.

Great!

I think you should stay there.

Raise you paw.

b2575_chart2600px.jpg

No?

I have 2 friends who recently got laid off of their jobs, and could no longer afford rent.

They both ended up in homeless shelters.

A homeless shelter called Hillcrest in Poughkeepsie, and sometimes was "FULL" and therefor they'd sometimes sleep on the streets.

I also know a couple who worked minimum wage, and had to live at Hillcrest homeless shelter in Poughkeepsie.

You have no clue, whatsoever, what goes on in the real world.

Under Trump, there are now more jobs than there are unemployed individuals.

Great!

I think you should stay there.

Property taxes have risen since we have increased Illegal Immigrants & their children into our schools.

I don't have a problem with paying for decent schools, but this is rather excessive.

None the less, absolutely, I'd live in Pawling, NY rather than most places.

We simply have a lot of friendly people, good parks, good schools, and its a cute town with a real village society.

Forum List

Back