Welfare State Devouring Prosperity

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
"The welfare state is the single biggest financial problem we face, annually consuming more than the combined cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars plus the TARP bailouts. Like The Blob, it grows by devouring everything in its path, requiring us to borrow $41,222 per second just to keep government running. At almost $16 trillion, the national debt exceeds the size of our economy and is growing so rapidly that the Congressional Budget Office predicted it could cause a permanent recession by 2025.

Like an overweight jockey riding an emaciated thoroughbred, our bloated government sector is not only crushing the private economy; it's handicapping our opportunity society. Americans are aspirational and self-reliant people, so it's heart-wrenching to note that after spending $15 trillion in the “war on poverty,” America's poverty rate has barely budged, food-stamp dependency is at a record high, and the percentage of Americans in the work force is at a record low.

As economist Herb Stein said, “If something can't go on forever, it will stop.” New York Times columnist Bill Keller called for that last week, writing, “We should make a sensible reform of entitlements our generation's cause.”

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20120802/COLUMN/120809987/1021&parentprofile=1061

The Leftists / Communists want to pretend the argument is about 'roads and bridges' when in fact it is about the burgeoning out-of-control welfare state that is just a few years removed from destroying us.

You are a evil hateful racist that hates a black man in the white house.......

Lol I figured I would try the progressive post today .... Kind of made myself sick posting something so stupid

You talking about farm welfare?

The military/industrial complex welfare?

SSI? (have you let the guvmint know that you will send back your Social Security check? All the other Repubs have) Repubs don't need to stinking SSI welfare. Right? OH and Medicare, Renounce it and refuse it. You don't need it.

Or is it the welfare paid to poor people? (this is the part where you are all hung up. Isn't it?)

Tell me again how much welfare the military industrial complex gets vs. the poor people.

The left is convinced that my customers will be able to patronize my business IF I first give them the money to do so.

Out of control hyper-corporations are the most destructive.

Just compute the net profit per second of Exxon.

These companies have far too much political and economic power, condemn us to doing what is best for them and work against everything that was good at the start of America.

These companies have far too much political and economic power, condemn us to doing what is best for them and work against everything that was good at the start of America.

Thats right, corporations should aim for losses and focus on their social and multi-cultural fairness "responsiblities"...................LOL

SSI? (have you let the guvmint know that you will send back your Social Security check? All the other Repubs have) Repubs don't need to stinking SSI welfare. Right? OH and Medicare, Renounce it and refuse it. You don't need it.

Or is it the welfare paid to poor people? (this is the part where you are all hung up. Isn't it?)

Tell me again how much welfare the military industrial complex gets vs. the poor people.

No, we are talking about the entitlements that consume most of the deficit medicare, medicaid and social insecurity.........Not the little stuff

Farm "welfare" wouldn't be necessary if the farmers were allowed to farm. They aren't and the government pays them for not farming.

How is the military considered welfare jackass? Don't the work for what they receive. as opposed to the leeches who sit on they porches waiting for their welfare check? go liberals go.

At the risk of upsetting people, what would have happened, say, if the gigantic amount of money workers paid into Social Security had been used properly for investment instead of - not?

Last edited:

How is the military considered welfare jackass? Don't the work for what they receive. as opposed to the leeches who sit on they porches waiting for their welfare check? go liberals go.

Coming from you that has stated you live off welfare, this is downright laughable.

Get a job you lazy ass!

The left is convinced that my customers will be able to patronize my business IF I first give them the money to do so.

Actually, Katz...it's even worse than that. Progressives want you to give GOVERNMENT the money...then they will divvy it up accordingly...with of course a "slight" loss in administrative costs, fraud and waste.

Working Americans have seen flat wages for about thirty years. Who exactly is responsible for their plight? Who sets wages? Who decides to offshore their workers? Since Capital Gains dropped to the 15% tax rate, why has almost as many jobs been created offshore versus jobs created domestically?
Why is this recession"s recovery been sluggish while corporations have seen record profits, yet no jobs have been created? Why has the working class seen their share of the National Income drop to record levels? Why has the concept of upwards mobility in Ammerica declined?
Something is causing our welfare state? Exactly what is it?

Wow...think you could possibly squeeze another vague generalization into that sweeping statement, There4? Bet your PolySci Prof. ate that shit up with a spoon...LOL

Doesn't it seem strange that all the problems are because of a small minority that may need help?

But there are many other factors that cause the US economy to be in trouble. It cannot all be laid at the feet of 'the poor'. Just a real investment in new technologies and alternative energies would have drastically improved things, but vested interests forbid.

Both political parties have so mis-managed things for so long that extracting the causes from the effects is 'mind boggling'.

Working Americans have seen flat wages for about thirty years. Who exactly is responsible for their plight? Who sets wages? Who decides to offshore their workers? Since Capital Gains dropped to the 15% tax rate, why has almost as many jobs been created offshore versus jobs created domestically?
Why is this recession"s recovery been sluggish while corporations have seen record profits, yet no jobs have been created? Why has the working class seen their share of the National Income drop to record levels? Why has the concept of upwards mobility in Ammerica declined?

The consumer.

Where was the computer you are using to post this manufactured?

Ah yes...another progressive totally baffled by economics and life in general! Why IS progressive policy not working? Why WON'T the Private Sector cooperate? How come I'm not dating a super-model? Why isn't life FAIR?

Forum List

Back