Welfare State Devouring Prosperity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LogikAndReazon, Aug 2, 2012.

1. LogikAndReazon

LogikAndReazon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    "The welfare state is the single biggest financial problem we face, annually consuming more than the combined cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars plus the TARP bailouts. Like The Blob, it grows by devouring everything in its path, requiring us to borrow $41,222 per second just to keep government running. At almost $16 trillion, the national debt exceeds the size of our economy and is growing so rapidly that the Congressional Budget Office predicted it could cause a permanent recession by 2025.

Like an overweight jockey riding an emaciated thoroughbred, our bloated government sector is not only crushing the private economy; it's handicapping our opportunity society. Americans are aspirational and self-reliant people, so it's heart-wrenching to note that after spending $15 trillion in the “war on poverty,” America's poverty rate has barely budged, food-stamp dependency is at a record high, and the percentage of Americans in the work force is at a record low.

As economist Herb Stein said, “If something can't go on forever, it will stop.” New York Times columnist Bill Keller called for that last week, writing, “We should make a sensible reform of entitlements our generation's cause.”

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20120802/COLUMN/120809987/1021&parentprofile=1061

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    The Leftists / Communists want to pretend the argument is about 'roads and bridges' when in fact it is about the burgeoning out-of-control welfare state that is just a few years removed from destroying us.

3. thanatos144

thanatos144 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,332
    You are a evil hateful racist that hates a black man in the white house.......

Lol I figured I would try the progressive post today .... Kind of made myself sick posting something so stupid

4. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    You talking about farm welfare?

The military/industrial complex welfare?

SSI? (have you let the guvmint know that you will send back your Social Security check? All the other Repubs have) Repubs don't need to stinking SSI welfare. Right? OH and Medicare, Renounce it and refuse it. You don't need it.

Or is it the welfare paid to poor people? (this is the part where you are all hung up. Isn't it?)

Tell me again how much welfare the military industrial complex gets vs. the poor people.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The left is convinced that my customers will be able to patronize my business IF I first give them the money to do so.

6. there4eyeM

there4eyeM unlicensed metaphysician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,300
    Out of control hyper-corporations are the most destructive.

Just compute the net profit per second of Exxon.

These companies have far too much political and economic power, condemn us to doing what is best for them and work against everything that was good at the start of America.

7. thanatos144

thanatos144 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,332
    Hey dumbass defense is the only constitutional spending .

8. LogikAndReazon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285

Thats right, corporations should aim for losses and focus on their social and multi-cultural fairness "responsiblities"...................LOL

9. LogikAndReazon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    No, we are talking about the entitlements that consume most of the deficit medicare, medicaid and social insecurity.........Not the little stuff

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Farm "welfare" wouldn't be necessary if the farmers were allowed to farm. They aren't and the government pays them for not farming.