Welcome back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it ...everyone wants to be a mod to ban people....perhaps that is part of the problem with the board.....too many people want to use their 'positions' to control the board instead of moderating
Maybe that's why they are not mods?

Well, hopefully why.

We will see.

why is it ...everyone wants to be a mod to ban people....perhaps that is part of the problem with the board.....too many people want to use their 'positions' to control the board instead of moderating

Can I ban you?

is.aspx

:lol:

Pale Rider is a 'great poster'? I don't think that phrase means what you think it means. The man is a foul-mouthed boor, to put it kindly.

I can be too if properly motivated........ :eusa_whistle:

However my and anyone elses political and personal views will not be allowed to influence any moderating decisions we make. Those decisions are based on the Rules and Guidelines which are our bible, so to speak, when it comes to doing our job. Granted there is some leeway/flexibility built in which is why we also have an appeals process if you or anyone else thinks they've been unfairly warned or infracted.

Pale Rider is a 'great poster'? I don't think that phrase means what you think it means. The man is a foul-mouthed boor, to put it kindly.

However my and anyone elses political and personal views will not be allowed to influence any moderating decisions we make. Those decisions are based on the Rules and Guidelines which are our bible, so to speak, when it comes to doing our job. Granted there is some leeway/flexibility built in which is why we also have an appeals process if you or anyone else thinks they've been unfairly warned or infracted.

Yes. As can I. However, it's his status quo.

I'll go on record as saying that Pale is a good Mod. This isn't the first time he has been one.

He and I are exact opposites in almost every way, but he was pretty good at putting those things to one side when making decisions as a Mod.

The only reason he got demodded was because the original owner was a dick.

That aside, I do find it strange for other reasons not allowed to be mentioned here.

Well there's a few here who aren't kindly disposed towards me either and think I'm the biggest asshole on the planet. :dunno:
:lol:
As long as the board runs smoothly and the staff does their job properly (most of the time.... yeah, we're human too) then I don't see a problem.
The admins and I have every confidence that the current staff members will uphold and maintain the openness this board has and will continue to enjoy.

Well there's a few here who aren't kindly disposed towards me either and think I'm the biggest asshole on the planet. :dunno:
That would be me. :D

I don't get it either. When I was a mod I was extremely fair. I didn't ban anyone, and believe me, many USMB posters deserve to be banned.

Must be my bleeding heart liberalism. ;)

I don't get it either. When I was a mod I was extremely fair. I didn't ban anyone, and believe me, many USMB posters deserve to be banned.

Must be my bleeding heart liberalism. ;)

Would love to know the lefties who got asked. I know one who would say yes, and was very good back in the day.

That aside, besides Ave Joe and Odd, the rest of righties....Odd is a centrist as far as I can see...oh, and a self-admitted arsehole...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back