Weird GOP Deathwish?

Their poll numbers are down because the two-party monopoly has brainwashed some and kept others in the dark.

You really don't know much about our political system, do you?

Gee, with the internet and bloggers, that would be difficult to accomplish

So lets have debates with all the people running for President

Do they have a stage large enough, where about 20 people can debate, and get their views out, in 2 hours or less?

There is no reason why the two more visible third parties right now, like the Greens and the Libertarians, shouldn't have a voice in the national debates.

Unless you're scared people will start to catch on ;)

I have no problem with them taking part in the debates

What are the more visible third parties?

It's possible if the majority in Congress had addressed pork before the last election they may have remained in the majority, they do so now to make things difficult for the current majority-they really don't pick up points for that.

If many chose to sit out the last election, the GOP had plenty of warning that people were angry. They are moreso now. They can't raise money, for good reason. In spite of that, they are not listening, they think it's going to 'go away.' They would be wrong on that.

BTW I would not be surprised to see much of the same with the Democrats, but they currently have the momentum, which means they will get traction off of that.

Funny, I just got repped off of this. Considering what is now going on, holds in spades.

another sham:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MmZhNzkyNTUzZWIyYzk4YjE2YzY5ZDJlMTA4OTBkOGQ=

and waste your vote

What exactly would you be wasteing? Statistically putting up a sign is more effective than voting. Statistically candidates with their names at the top of the ballot are more likely to win.

So yeah the candidate that you vote for probably wouldn't win but if enough of a percentage of vote goes away from the big two to a single third party (say 5% of the popular vote goes to the libertarians) that sends a message.

What exactly would you be wasteing? Statistically putting up a sign is more effective than voting. Statistically candidates with their names at the top of the ballot are more likely to win.

So yeah the candidate that you vote for probably wouldn't win but if enough of a percentage of vote goes away from the big two to a single third party (say 5% if the popular vote goes to the libertarians) that sends a message.

and sometimes just sending a message is all that's left. Now give that several cycles, voters may get testy. ;)

im tired of the bush admin, they do what we want, not the other way around.

No, because that's not what you said in the post I responded to. You said..."Basicly they think no Government above County level should have ANY power over people in any manner."

That is VERY different from your statement above.

Not completely unnecessary, but any reading of the Constitution should tell you that 80% of the current federal government is unconstitutional and should be left to the local/state governments.

This is something that many Libertarians would debate.

You act as if the Libertarian Party is completely homogeneous. That is CERTAINLY NOT the case.

You should read about Libertarianism. Many Republicans, including Ronald Reagan, believed Libertarianism to be the real philosophical basis for the Republican ideology. Reagan's thoughts on Libertarianism can be found here: http://www.reason.com/news/show/29318.html

Reagan, in many ways, was a Libertarian.

Nutshell:

Re: Bad vibe [Mark Steyn]

I agree with Stanley. There's something creepy about a political class so determined to impose a vast transformative bill cooked up backstage in metaphorically smoke-filled rooms on a nation that doesn't want it. It's an affront to republican government and quasi-European in its disdain for the citizenry. It's hard to imagine Senator Trenthorn Lotthorn as an EU Commissioner but his position on this immigration bill is basically the same as that of Jean-Claude Juncker, Prime Minister of Luxembourg and European "president", on the EU constitution. When asked what difference the referendum result in France would make, "President" Juncker replied:

If it’s a Yes, we will say ‘on we go’, and if it’s a No we will say ‘we continue’.​

Same with the immigration bill. I think I say somewhere in my book that the first line of the European constitution is: "We the people agree to leave it to you the people who know better than the people." That suits the US Senate, too. They'll teach this one as a textbook definition of "bipartisanship": both parties gang up on the electorate.

06/26 09:44 PM

right. RSR is going to actively support primary opponents to run against incumbent republicans? when pigs fly.

Forum List

Back