Week 7 NFL Thread

Bring back the replacement refs. The penalty called on the pats when the jets missed the field goal attempt, had never been called before, and had no effect on the kick. Those WWE refs are destroying the credibility and integrity of the game. So many bad calls yesterday, even ones reviewed.

We are the ONLY undefeated team in the NFL! GO CHIEFS

Being a longtime Chiefs fan I am elated. The turn around from 2-14 is fantastic. Still, I can't help but think of 1995 and the NFL best 13-3 record and a quick playoff loss, or the 1997 season for that matter. I am not about to write the Chiefs into the Super Bowl, in fact I would be satisfied with a single playoff victory, something that has not happened in 20 years.

The Chiefs have a tough defense. I like their front line and linebackers on defense. Everyone knows that defense wins championships, unless you are a Chiefs fan that goes back to Marty Schottenheimer, then you know it takes a little offense too, especially in today's NFL.

Seven weeks in I would rate the strongest teams as follows:

1) Saints. Their defense is stronger than I thought it would be.
2) Seahawks - one bone crunching defense and I like Wilson
3) 49ers - Very talented and back on track, but if they do not over take the Seahawks, they are goners in the playoffs.
4) Broncos - great offense, but a suspect defense.

I do not mean to be a downer, I love the Chiefs, but I do not believe their best record to date, means they are the best team. I would favor the Chiefs against any of the above teams on a neutral field. This is a franchise that doesn't fail to disappoint. They have broken my heart too many times. As far as I am concerned the curse started when I was an eleven year old boy and the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins in overtime.

Yea, the Broncos lost!!!!!

Ya... Yea ! Bronco's and Manning exposed by a good defense. The Chiefs are undefeated ...won by one point against a backup QB starting his first NFL game. Unfortunately they are exposed also. If they don't play better they will not remain undefeated for much longer.

SF plays the Saints in NO in three weeks. THAT will be thier big test to see if they have what it will take to catch the Hawks.

Last edited:
if they wanted to KC could have run the score up to 24-16. on the texans 1 yd line 1st and 10. we just took a knee and ran out the clock

if they wanted to KC could have run the score up to 24-16. on the texans 1 yd line 1st and 10. we just took a knee and ran out the clock

Dude.... KC was playing at home. It should have been a blowout. The Texans could have easily won yesterday without thier QB fumbling twice deep in his own end of the field. Still you get the W. Nobody will take it away just because you were fortunate to get it.

Also KC sustained an incredible number of important injuries. If those boo boo's don't heal quickly the middle of this season will be very hard for the Chiefs.

We are the ONLY undefeated team in the NFL! GO CHIEFS

Being a longtime Chiefs fan I am elated. The turn around from 2-14 is fantastic. Still, I can't help but think of 1995 and the NFL best 13-3 record and a quick playoff loss, or the 1997 season for that matter. I am not about to write the Chiefs into the Super Bowl, in fact I would be satisfied with a single playoff victory, something that has not happened in 20 years.

The Chiefs have a tough defense. I like their front line and linebackers on defense. Everyone knows that defense wins championships, unless you are a Chiefs fan that goes back to Marty Schottenheimer, then you know it takes a little offense too, especially in today's NFL.

3) 49ers - Very talented and back on track, but if they do not over take the Seahawks, they are goners in the playoffs.

I do not mean to be a downer, I love the Chiefs, but I do not believe their best record to date, means they are the best team. I would favor the Chiefs against any of the above teams on a neutral field. This is a franchise that doesn't fail to disappoint. They have broken my heart too many times. As far as I am concerned the curse started when I was an eleven year old boy and the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins in overtime.

Ya... Yea ! Bronco's and Manning exposed by a good defense. The Chiefs are undefeated ...won by one point against a backup QB starting his first NFL game. Unfortunately they are exposed also. If they don't play better they will not remain undefeated for much longer.

SF plays the Saints in NO in three weeks. THAT will be thier big test to see if they have what it will take to catch the Hawks.

I meant i would NOT favor the Chiefs against the top four teams. I am not saying the Chiefs are top tier, but the improvement over last year is vast. And yes, i am impressed with the Chiefs luck. i haven't seen fourtune smile on the Chiefs for a long time.

I meant i would NOT favor the Chiefs against the top four teams. I am not saying the Chiefs are top tier, but the improvement over last year is vast. And yes, i am impressed with the Chiefs luck. i haven't seen fourtune smile on the Chiefs for a long time.

No.... I wasn't either. The turnaround has been no less astounding than Luck's team out at Indy.

Being a fan of a team that used to have to go into Arrowhead and Mile High I used to hate both teams. It is great to see them both have success at the same time now that the Seahawks don't have to play them twice a year.... :lol:

It will be entertaining to see home thier home and home games play out this season.

Smith isn't the most dynamic QB but he is getting the job done. Manning was shown to be human last night and the Bronco's sustained many injuries also. The AFC West is setting up to be a real dog fight from here on out. I have no idea which team will emerge AFC champs or if the colts will be able to sustain thier level of play and sneak past them both to play the Seahawks in the Superbowl.

Last edited:

Dude.... KC was playing at home. It should have been a blowout. The Texans could have easily won yesterday without thier QB fumbling twice deep in his own end of the field. Still you get the W. Nobody will take it away just because you were fortunate to get it.

Also KC sustained an incredible number of important injuries. If those boo boo's don't heal quickly the middle of this season will be very hard for the Chiefs.

but they didn't did they?? donks should have blown away the colts. but they didn't. did they?? and why did this kid fumble ???accidents maybe?? who wins games O or D ???

sustained an incredible number of important injuries??? like maybe who. how many. the whole club?? our injured are coming back. lets see here

KCChiefs.com | Injury Report who stands out as "important"

and how may Texans were wheeled off yesterday. dude

but they didn't did they?? donks should have blown away the colts. but they didn't. did they?? and why did this kid fumble ???accidents maybe?? who wins games O or D ???

sustained an incredible number of important injuries??? like maybe who. how many. the whole club?? our injured are coming back. lets see here

Dude! It doesn't matter how many Texans were injured.. They are irellavant. The only teams in the AFC that matter anymore are KC, Denver and Indy.

Dude! It doesn't matter how many Texans were injured.. They are irellavant. The only teams in the AFC that matter anymore are KC, Denver and Indy.

no its who's D show's up and who's don't. right now we're amoung the best

Namvet obviously went to the Monty Python "school of argument".. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c]Monty Python - Argument Clinic - YouTube[/ame]

Chiefs D is OK... But a scoring average of slightly better than 24 pts won't cut it in the long run. Top pt total is 31. THAT won't cut it against the Broncos. Your Chiefs won't hold the Doncos to 31 either at home or at Mile High.

Last edited:
and Indy has to go without Reggie Wayne. gone for the year

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Reggie Wayne tore his ACL along with his meniscus, according to a source who spoke with the player. The 34-year-old's season is over.

link

also Chump Bailey went out with a foot injury. status unknown. pretty costly game last night

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c]Monty Python - Argument Clinic - YouTube[/ame]

to bad you have to resort to this. ill keep my class and you can show off your ass

to bad you have to resort to this. ill keep my class and you can show off your ass

Lighten up Sunshine! Read my edit on previous post. There are still concerns about KC's ability to score.

Chiefs D is OK... But a scoring average of slightly better than 24 pts won't cut it in the long run. Top pt total is 31. THAT won't cut it against the Broncos. Your Chiefs won't hold the Doncos to 31 either at home or at Mile High.

This is where we disagree. The Chiefs do not need to score 31 to defeat the Broncos. The matchup for the Chiefs with the Broncos is good. The Chiefs could pressure up the middle on Manning with their front four and slow the Broncos down, then shorten the game by running the ball. The Colts brought Manning to earth by pressuring him. I think a home and home split with the Broncos is a good possibility and the Chiefs have an easy schedule.

This is where we disagree. The Chiefs do not need to score 31 to defeat the Broncos. The matchup for the Chiefs with the Broncos is good. The Chiefs could pressure up the middle on Manning with their front four and slow the Broncos down, then shorten the game by running the ball. The Colts brought Manning to earth by pressuring him. I think a home and home split with the Broncos is a good possibility and the Chiefs have an easy schedule.

manning does not to be hit or play in cold weather

The season is getting better and better. I find it amusing how bad a team is after one loss. You'd think Denver was winless this season.

The season is getting better and better. I find it amusing how bad a team is after one loss. You'd think Denver was winless this season.

Moi also. Astonished!

The Bleacher reported power standings going into week 8 are comical. The Colts were rated 8 th last week but on the strength of two wins against highly rated teams at home by a total of 12 points they jumped, with a 5-2 record, to # 1.

Indy did beat a thoroughly demoralised team in SF(#5) after Seattle(now ranked #4) spanked em 29-3. That said...Indy will make the playoffs in the AFC and go one and done. They will hafta play Denver(#3) or KC at home and kaput! Denver will be a complete buzz saw after the embarrassing loss at Indy. KC??? Big question. Can Alex Smith go from game manager to elite game winner over the next 9 games?

Other news from the NFC...Like I said earlier SF goes into NO in three weeks and we will see if they have fully recovered enough to beat a real good team on the road.

Forum List

Back