WE TOLD You SO!!! The greening of the EARTH due to CO2!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Obviously many of you global warming evangelistas paid NO attention to this thread I posted ...

Global carbon (C) emissions from fossil fuel use were 9.795 gigatonnes (Gt) in 2014 (or 35.9 GtCO2 of carbon dioxide). Fossil fuel emissions were 0.6% above emissions in 2013 and 60% above emissions in 1990 (the reference year in the Kyoto Protocol).
https://www.co2.earth/global-co2-emissions?itemid=1%3Fitemid=1

How much is a GIGATONNE??? Measurement unit conversion: gigatonne
One gigaton is 1 billion tons. So almost 10 billion tons of CO2 emissions per year.
One tree absorbs 50 lbs of CO2 so 3 trillion trees should absorb based on this very simple math.
1 ton equals 2,000 lbs. 10 gigatons @ 2,000 lbs equals 20 trillion lbs.
20 trillion tons divided by 50 lbs per tree would require 400 billion trees.
THERE are 3 trillion trees or over 7.5 TIMES the amount of trees that would be necessary to absorb all 10 billion tons of CO2!

So pay attention to TODAY!!!
Carbon dioxide emissions from industrial society have driven a huge growth in trees and other plants.

A new study says that if the extra green leaves prompted by rising CO2 levels were laid in a carpet, it would cover twice the continental USA.

Climate sceptics argue the findings show that the extra CO2 is actually benefiting the planet.

The scientists say several factors play a part in the plant boom, including climate change (8%), more nitrogen in the environment (9%), and shifts in land management (4%).

But the main factor, they say, is plants using extra CO2 from human society to fertilise their growth (70%).

Harnessing energy from the sun, green leaves grow by using CO2, water, and nutrients from soil.

"The greening reported in this study has the ability to fundamentally change the cycling of water and carbon in the climate system," said a lead author Dr Zaichun Zhu, from Peking University, Beijing, China.
Rise in CO2 has 'greened Planet Earth' - BBC News

Obviously many of you global warming evangelistas paid NO attention to this thread I posted ...

Global carbon (C) emissions from fossil fuel use were 9.795 gigatonnes (Gt) in 2014 (or 35.9 GtCO2 of carbon dioxide). Fossil fuel emissions were 0.6% above emissions in 2013 and 60% above emissions in 1990 (the reference year in the Kyoto Protocol).

One gigaton is 1 billion tons. So almost 10 billion tons of CO2 emissions per year.
One tree absorbs 50 lbs of CO2 so 3 trillion trees should absorb based on this very simple math.
THERE are 3 trillion trees or over 7.5 TIMES the amount of trees that would be necessary to absorb all 10 billion tons of CO2!

So pay attention to TODAY!!!
Carbon dioxide emissions from industrial society have driven a huge growth in trees and other plants.

A new study says that if the extra green leaves prompted by rising CO2 levels were laid in a carpet, it would cover twice the continental USA.

Climate sceptics argue the findings show that the extra CO2 is actually benefiting the planet.

The scientists say several factors play a part in the plant boom, including climate change (8%), more nitrogen in the environment (9%), and shifts in land management (4%).

But the main factor, they say, is plants using extra CO2 from human society to fertilise their growth (70%).

Harnessing energy from the sun, green leaves grow by using CO2, water, and nutrients from soil.

"The greening reported in this study has the ability to fundamentally change the cycling of water and carbon in the climate system," said a lead author Dr Zaichun Zhu, from Peking University, Beijing, China.
thank you, i'm glad people are posting about this. the biggest problem is the libs have gone to such great lengths to make this dogma, being wrong is unacceptable. it's snowing outside my window right now, and there are no global warming cops in Vermont today.

it's one of the hoaxiest hoaxes of all time. consider if there was no government funding available, or the promise of cap and trade. solar panels have come way down in price. why they haven't built them into car bodies is beyond me. in some states cars just sit in the sun all day long.

Last edited:
I guess air pollution, rising sea levels and ocean acidification are no problem.

I guess air pollution, rising sea levels and ocean acidification are no problem.

Unlike YOU I provide links to save readers time to determine validity of my contributions.
This from a quick search of "ocean acidification"...
Scientists now know that about half of this anthropogenic, or man-made, CO2 has been absorbed over time by the oceans. This has benefited us by slowing the climate change these emissions would have instigated if they had remained in the air. But relatively new research is finding that the introduction of massive amounts of CO2 into the seas is altering water chemistry and affecting the life cycles of many marine organisms, particularly those at the lower end of the food chain.
Ocean Acidification -- Pristine Seas -- National Geographic

Sounds very ominous. Chicken Little "Sky is Falling"... OH woe is the oceans and we have to take care of them.

hmmmm...

So given my original thread link.. WE ARE SEEING MORE trees absorbing more CO2!
As the article stated...

Forum List

Back