We should raise the voting age requirement.

I see no reason to be against this. If we are among the states that approved the change to the 26th amendment then it would make sense we would change the state's voting age to 22. Otherwise, if the change passes but we're among the states that didn't ratified the change, then we just keep our voting age at 18 years old so it wouldn't affect us

To 22.

Rationale:

When the Constitution was written people were getting married at 18 and starting families shortly thereafter. By 25-26 people were considered mature adults. These days kids can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26. I would still keep it at 18 IF these persons serve in the military. Otherwise I would raise it to 22. Fact is most young people lean very left. This is because they live cushy lives with their parents paying for everything and we have prologed this dependency adolescence now by allowing them to be on their parents insurance until they turn 26. Once people start getting jobs, career paths, having families, often times their political views change as well. They realize why it is important to have fiscal responsibility, strong education system for their kids, etc.

Thoughts?

Perhaps we should ban the vote all those over 70 because they are delusional, have Alzheimers, can't remember where they put their keys, etc.

They're all going to die soon anyways, and they don't have any stake in the future of the country other than sucking off the young for their SS, so it's probably a good idea.

Forum List

Back