We should raise the voting age requirement.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
To 22.

Rationale:

When the Constitution was written people were getting married at 18 and starting families shortly thereafter. By 25-26 people were considered mature adults. These days kids can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26. I would still keep it at 18 IF these persons serve in the military. Otherwise I would raise it to 22. Fact is most young people lean very left. This is because they live cushy lives with their parents paying for everything and we have prologed this dependency adolescence now by allowing them to be on their parents insurance until they turn 26. Once people start getting jobs, career paths, having families, often times their political views change as well. They realize why it is important to have fiscal responsibility, strong education system for their kids, etc.

Thoughts?

To 22.

Rationale:

When the Constitution was written people were getting married at 18 and starting families shortly thereafter. By 25-26 people were considered mature adults. These days kids can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26. I would still keep it at 18 IF these persons serve in the military. Otherwise I would raise it to 22. Fact is most young people lean very left. This is because they live cushy lives with their parents paying for everything and we have prologed this dependency adolescence now by allowing them to be on their parents insurance until they turn 26. Once people start getting jobs, career paths, having families, often times their political views change as well. They realize why it is important to have fiscal responsibility, strong education system for their kids, etc.

Thoughts?

I think the fact we have not had fiscal responsibility from our elected officials in longer than we have all be alive shows a flaw in your view that people find it important as they age. If that were the case then we would vote for such people, but we never do.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

Age 30. The time of adolescence has increased, so the voting age needs adjustment.

Also, no one on public assistance should be permitted to vote, with an exception for active military and veterans honorably discharged.

The prefrontal cortex of the brain, which controls judgement, does not fully develop in humans until ~25 years of age.

I think a voting age at least 25 is reasonable.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

Raise voting age then you raise legal drinking age and age for one to be accepted into the military.

Adulthood needs to be set and then all things 'adult" need to be at that age.

at 18 one can legally sign contracts and die for their country, but they cannot drink or pay for a hooker, and now you morons want to make it so they cannot vote.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

Raise voting age then you raise legal drinking age and age for one to be accepted into the military.

the drinking age and the age to be accepted into the military should be the same age.

I think anyone that votes straight party ticket for two elections in a row should lose their right to vote for the next 10 years.

We are seeing talk from some on the left about lowering the voting age to 16 so how many here if you could have voted at 16 would have followed national politics enough to really have an understanding of the issues or would you just have gone with whatever the popular theme of the moment was? I can tell you honestly at 16 following politics was not a priority for me.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

Retarded idea.

We are seeing talk from some on the left about lowering the voting age to 16 so how many here if you could have voted at 16 would have followed national politics enough to really have an understanding of the issues or would you just have gone with whatever the popular theme of the moment was? I can tell you honestly at 16 following politics was not a priority for me.

Democrats and 16 YOs follow their idols in cults of personalities, not politics. They are easily led.

we should change it back to the way the founders intended. Only white landowning men can vote. Imagine how much better everything would be!

Democrats and 16 YOs follow their idols in cults of personalities, not politics. They are easily led.

Thats hilarious.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

the drinking age and the age to be accepted into the military should be the same age.

Why?

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

Why?

if you can give your life for your country you should legally be able to drink a fucking beer.

irony-meter.jpg

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

Why?

if you can give your life for your country you should legally be able to drink a fucking beer.

That's how I've always felt.

To 22.

Rationale:

Thoughts?

I think the fact we have not had fiscal responsibility from our elected officials in longer than we have all be alive shows a flaw in your view that people find it important as they age. If that were the case then we would vote for such people, but we never do.

I do vote for such people but its too late. I leaned very left when I was younger and dumber so I just assumed money was always there. By the time I graduated college and got my first true job my political identity changed radically.

Adulthood needs to be set and then all things 'adult" need to be at that age.

at 18 one can legally sign contracts and die for their country, but they cannot drink or pay for a hooker, and now you morons want to make it so they cannot vote.

Yet you cannot rent a car until you're 25 and you missed the BOLD! I said if they serve it should still be 18.

Forum List

Back