We need a TV show that will get people excited for the future again?

Most of Media, and Entertainment today is all about pushing the Leftist, Progressive (Democrat) agenda. Shows are just thinly veiled, leftist propaganda vehicles. The left doesn't care about actual adventure, the human spirit, and exploration.

I still watch historical documents and science on YouTube and stream it through my ancient history game console called a WiiU....Screw primetime programing which has no nutritional value fer da brain..

Here's a great podcast

As you know as a contractor I have not two and a half hours to listen to guys chatter...

Don't watch it in one sitting lol. His good podcasts take me a few days to finish.
The one he did with Graham Hancock was very interesting too

Unlike all the recent dumbed-down video-game-like sloppy, mindless hack Star Trek all this century, how about some Star Trek series done right with large amounts of brainpower? Like the originals or The Next Generation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never thought Star Trek was supposed to be some shoot-em-up, hyperactive, mindless, politically correct, J.J. Abrams-garbage video game. Having watched it since I was a child, I thought Trek was supposed to be about examining our own human values in the setting of a deep space adventure. Is that so wrong?

upload_2019-1-30_22-13-15.jpeg

*****SMILE*****

:)

Me too.

I was willing to suspend disbelief enough and for long enough to watch an episode or two.

Then the Leftist programming began like you said, and I tuned out for good.

If you are honestly getting "leftist propaganda" out of something as tame as the Orville airing on Fox, I think that says more about you than the show.
It is a great show. The episode I’m watching right now is about a race where it isn’t acceptable for men to love women. So this one guy is in love with this woman on the ship and one of his species catches him having straight sex with a woman.

It’s a great episode for homophobes to watch.

One week they encountered a species who was prejudice against anyone born in January

I hate it that the conservatives who need to learn these lessons aren’t watching because they don’t like the liberal message.

The market for optimistic sci fi died out decades ago. Dystopia is all anyone has a taste for these days.

"The Orville" is a terrible show ... a little less terrible than it started out to be when it was still trying to find its voice.

It's optimistic in the genre of the original 'Star Trek'. But, it is hampered with bad acting (we're looking at you McFarland), a mistaken belief that jamming in as many contemporary references as possible makes the show edgy and hip, and a kitschy obsession with keeping the bad as well as the good things about the old show.

'The Orville' is McFarland's pet project and he's made so much money for Fox over the last decade that they would literally let him get naked and read the phone book for an hour each week if that was what he wanted to do.

Thank goodness he just wants to do 'The Orville'.
I think it’s good. I like most Star Trek spinoffs but not all of them. I’ve watched 3 episodes and all three were good. I’m enjoying the show.

Conservatives just don’t like the liberal message. Just remember you cried because we wouldn’t watch Tim Allen’s stupid show where he’s a dick head republican.

As soon as the storyline started to veer into a futurama abortion debate last episode I tuned out, deleted the episode, and canceled future recordings. Did the same thing a while ago to that show about the airliner that disappeared for 5 1/2 years. If you gotta pack lefty b.s. into your plots, Hollyweird, some of us will find other forms of entertainment.
That’s why I stopped watching Tim Allen’s show.

I still watch historical documents and science on YouTube and stream it through my ancient history game console called a WiiU....Screw primetime programing which has no nutritional value fer da brain..

Here's a great podcast

As you know as a contractor I have not two and a half hours to listen to guys chatter...

Agreed. If he was on serious or regular radio I’d tune in but I’m not going online to find his podcast.

Forum List

Back