We Need A Democratic Congress To Fight The WAR On Terror (merged w/ congress thread)

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Psychoblues, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    and a more progressive society devoid of hate, jealousness and propensities for useless and counter-productive WAR. The Congress of 2003 was lied to, taken advantage of and usurped by any definition. Americans are better than that but I suspect it will take many years and many actions to again prove it to the rest of the world.

I love my country and I have done my very best to advance it's promise and general attitude. The politics of late(2003 on) render my participation in the defenses of the USA in vain. Murder, torture, invasion of a sovereign nation that posed no genuine threat to us and the impossible task of imposing a false democracy on a people that neither want or understand it commits my own efforts towards the advancement of American ideology rather juvenile. There is a lot more going on towards the destruction of the American ideals that I have so embraced for so long than I ever imagined.

I repeat. A Democratic Congress equals less death and destruction and go on to say that a truly Democratic Congress will at least give honest thought to honest information. At best they will only begin to regain the crediblility and genuine promise of the home of the brave and the land of the free.

Psychoblues

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    No, it just means more death and violence at home.

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    A Democratic party devoid of hate and jealousness? :laugh: You are insane!:laugh:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    'Democrats Offer a New Direction'
    By HOWARD DEAN
    September 22, 2006; Page A10

We need a Democratic Congress to fight the war on terror -- and to end the war on America's families. Republican policies of the last five years have damaged our economy and failed Americans. Democrats believe strengthening the middle class is essential for a thriving economy that rewards work, provides economic opportunity to all and makes it easier for parents to devote time to their families. An economy that favors the top 1% at the expense of everyone else might be good for President Bush's politics, but a shrinking middle class is bad for capitalism, democracy and America. We need a new direction.
    The Republican record on managing the federal budget is dismal. Republicans have turned surplus into debt, hope into lost opportunity; they have become the party of borrow-and-spend. The Joint Committee on Taxation estimates that the total cost this year of the president's tax cuts is $258 billion. This means that even with spending for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the response to Hurricane Katrina, the federal budget would essentially be in balance if the tax cuts had not been enacted, or if they had been offset as required under the pay-as-you-go rules that Republicans allowed to expire. These economic policies amount to a war on American families:
    • Under Mr. Bush and the Republican Congress, incomes today are $1,000 less for the typical household than during Bill Clinton's final year in office; incomes for the typical working-age household have declined every year since the president took office. Black and Hispanic households have fared worse over the same period: Black household income has fallen every year, after rising every year (except for a one-year $60 dip) under Mr. Clinton. Incomes for Hispanic households are down $1,000, after rising more than $7,000 under Mr. Clinton.

• Incomes have fallen because wages -- which provide 75% of income for typical families -- are stagnant for most workers. Under Mr. Bush, wages for college-educated workers increased only 1.3% between 2000 and 2005, as compared to 11.3% during Mr. Clinton's last five years. For the nation's lowest-paid workers, the situation is even worse, as the minimum wage is worth less now than at any time in at least 50 years.

More at:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115888827162370858.html?

Any questions?

Psychoblues

5. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    After reading your rant, and the above article? NO.:bong420:

6. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I say "Yes". What's your beef?

Psychoblues

7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    yes by cia and fbi directors appointed by the clinton's

yes al queada has murdered tortured and invaded the US....they inturn were invaded.....

just cuz i don't know who controled congress during Civil War? WWI ? WWII ? Vietnam?

8. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Where would you like me to start?

The list is long but distinguished.

How bout we start with YOU, and I'll only name ONE of my beefs with you.

Your lack of RESPECT.

You can have a difference of opinion, different beliefs, in fact you can be completly against everything that your elected officials stand for, and do. However, attacking them with hate, and name calling, and trying to diminish their effectiveness with these tactics is below contempt. As with most issues in our lives, there is a right way, and a wrong way, you sir have chosen the WRONG way, that is my beef.

9. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    You can't be serious. The party that wants to give terrorists even more rights and that has complained about tools like the terrorist, yes terrorist, surveillance program and the Patriot Act is the party we need to fight the WoT. Sure, the Republicans aren't perfect, but they are a hell of a lot better on this and most issues.

10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,739

:rotflmao:

exactly what I was thinking