we lived in a world that these facts will mena nothing to some

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Truthmatters, May 26, 2007.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    http://tinyurl.com/24n57p

It a very sad state when we can prove Bush knew what a mess this would be and still did this to gain the oil companies revenues on the backs of Dead American Heros and that some of you will still back this.

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Months before the invasion of Iraq, U.S. intelligence agencies predicted that it would be likely to spark violent sectarian divides and provide al-Qaeda with new opportunities in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a report released yesterday by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Analysts warned that war in Iraq also could provoke Iran to assert its regional influence and "probably would result in a surge of political Islam and increased funding for terrorist groups" in the Muslim world.

The intelligence assessments, made in January 2003 and widely circulated within the Bush administration before the war, said that establishing democracy in Iraq would be "a long, difficult and probably turbulent challenge." The assessments noted that Iraqi political culture was "largely bereft of the social underpinnings" to support democratic development.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    So?

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    So tell me why is it we are spilling the blood of our bravest in Iraq?

5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    For National Security. I realize thats a foreign thought to you but that is why we went and why we can not just leave.

Even if ( and I don't agree) we shouldn't have gone.... that no longer matters and hasn't since we sent the troops. We have to stay until Iraq can handle her own security. We have to stay for NATIONAL Security.

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Nothing in Iraq affects our national security except for our continued occupation of that country... which impacts it negatively.

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    You and the people that think like you are sadly either unable to grasp reality or are just, well, challenged when it comes to reality.

8. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Who are the people "like me" (given that you don't know how I think except that I don't support Bush's war of aggression)? Other than the majority of us in this country who think Bush so incompetently handled his war of adventure?

9. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    Anyone that can not grasp that Iraq in chaos or controlled by terrorists or our enemies is a direct threat to us and our allies, thats who people " like me" are.

10. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Well, it wasn't controlled by terrorists before Bush started blowing up stuff there, was it?

And who are the terrorists? Who are the people who simply want us out and are fighting for their autonomy?

You think if another country invaded the U.S. because they didn't like our president, you wouldn't be fighting them?

And I figure that if people "like" you don't see that our service people are being ill-used, then they have bought bush's bubbameitzers hook, line and sinker.

Luckily, there are more of me than you. Unfortunately, Bush holds the veto pen and we don't have enough seats... yet... to be veto proof.