We just need to talk

138_zpsmqha0m3u.jpg~original

It's easy to see both parties aren't close to the same and that Mac is incorrect. Don't buy into Mac's bullshit.

It's easy to see both parties aren't close to the same and that Mac is incorrect. Don't buy into Mac's bullshit.
Third time you've done this now. Don't you even have the balls to tag me when you post about me?

Who are you talking to? I can see how important my opinion is to you, the way you implore others like that. I'm flattered.

I provided a specific list of the behavioral similarities of the two "sides" and you not only had a meltdown, you illustrated about half of it, immediately, for me.

Thanks.

House Vote for Net Neutrality

For Against
Republicans 2 234
Democrats 177 6
Senate Vote for Net Neutrality

For Against
Republicans 0 46
Democrats 52 0
Money in Elections and Voting
Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements

For Against
Republicans 0 39
Democrats 59 0
DISCLOSE Act

For Against
Rep 0 45
Dem 53 0
Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act

For Against
Rep 8 38
Dem 51 3
(Reverse Citizens United) Sets reasonable limits on the raising and spending of money by electoral candidates to influence elections

For Against
Rep 0 42
Dem 54 0
The Economy/Jobs
Limits Interest Rates for Certain Federal Student Loans

For Against
Rep 0 46
Dem 46 6
Student Loan Affordability Act

For Against
Rep 0 51
Dem 45 1
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Funding Amendment

For Against
Rep 1 41
Dem 54 0
Reduces Funding for Food Stamps

For Against
Rep 33 13
Dem 0 52
End the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection

For Against
Rep 39 1
Dem 1 54
Kill Credit Default Swap Regulations

For Against
Rep 38 2
Dem 18 36
Revokes tax credits for businesses that move jobs overseas

For Against
Rep 10 32
Dem 53 1
Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Bureau Act

For Against
Rep 4 39
Dem 55 2
American Jobs Act of 2011 - $50 billion for infrastructure projects

For Against
Rep 0 48
Dem 50 2
Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension

For Against
Rep 1 44
Dem 54 1
Minimum Wage Fairness Act

For Against
Rep 1 41
Dem 53 1
Paycheck Fairness Act

For Against
Rep 0 40
Dem 58 1
Civil Rights
Same Sex Marriage Resolution 2006

For Against
Rep 6 47
Dem 42 2
Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013

For Against
Rep 1 41
Dem 54 0
Exempts Religiously Affiliated Employers from the Prohibition on Employment Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

For Against
Rep 41 3
Dem 2 52
Family Planning
Teen Pregnancy Education Amendment

For Against
Rep 4 50
Dem 44 1
Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention

For Against
Rep 3 51
Dem 44 1
Protect Women's Health From Corporate Interference Act The 'anti-Hobby Lobby' bill.

For Against
Rep 3 42
Dem 53 1
Environment
Stop "the War on Coal" Act of 2012

For Against
Rep 214 13
Dem 19 162
EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2013

For Against
Rep 225 1
Dem 4 190
Prohibit the Social Cost of Carbon in Agency Determinations

For Against
Rep 218 2
Dem 4 186
"War on Terror"
Time Between Troop Deployments

For Against
Rep 6 43
Dem 50 1
Prohibits Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Trial

For Against
Rep 5 42
Dem 39 12
Habeas Corpus for Detainees of the United States

For Against
Rep 5 42
Dem 50 0
Repeal Indefinite Military Detention

For Against
Rep 15 214
Dem 176 16
Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention Amendment

For Against
Rep 1 52
Dem 45 1
Patriot Act Reauthorization

For Against
Rep 196 31
Dem 54 122
Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention

For Against
Rep 1 52
Dem 45 1
Misc
Prohibit the Use of Funds to Carry Out the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

For Against
Rep 45 0
Dem 0 52
Allow employers to penalize employees that don't submit genetic testing for health insurance (Committee vote)

For Against
Rep 22 0
Dem 0 17
Here's the vote for Hurricane Sandy aid. 179 of the 180 no votes were Republicans.

I count at least 20 Texas Republicans.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll023.xml, Matt Fuller on Twitter

The Party of Principles:

Exhibit 1: https://i.imgur.com/lTAU8LM.jpg

Opinion of Syrian airstrikes under Obama vs. Trump.

Democrats:

37% support Trump's Syria strikes

38% supported Obama doing it

Republicans:

86% supported Trump doing it

22% supported Obama doing

Republicans Love the Same Attack on Syria They Hated When Obama Considered It, https://twitter.com/kfile/status/85179

If we stop letting politicians and partisan cable news frame our conversations, and honestly talk amonst ourselves we will learn that while we may have different ideas about how to fix the problems in our country we are more alike than different. We need to not demonize each other for who we voted for. When we are given no good choices we need to not blame each other, but the system that exists to preserve itself. Take the time to ask others questions so we can really understand each other. Don’t let Rachael Maddow or Rush Limbaugh tell us how or what to think. Don’t believe a politician has your best interest at heart even if they are from a party you may pin your hopes. Stop listening to politicians and watch what they do to know where they really stand. Leave taking sides to your favorite sports teams, not as a way to divide our country.
problem is many people use forums such as this NOT to talk but to slam the other side. won't matter what that other side says or does, it's wrong. the other side is stupid and we know what we're doing.

it's the most jacked up symbiotic relationship you could have i suppose.

it does become unfortunate when people start sliding around double, triple and more standards for no other reason than to keep the lie alive in their mind and can safely ignore 80%+ of what they bitch at the other side for doing they're usually engaged in at the time of said bitching.

i'm not so sure that CNN, MSNBC, FOX or the gambit are really trying to tell us what to think or cater to their audience so they don't have to think. which is actually a bigger issue?

common ground. we've got to get back to starting discussions, planning and actions around that.

We need to not demonize each other for who we voted for.

When we are given no good choices we need to not blame each other, but the system that exists to preserve itself.

No, we need to put the blame where it belongs........the media.

Who in their right mind would want snoops going back in your life 50 years to find trash on you and bring it to the public? Who in their right mind would want to drag their family into it which the media does?

The media and their viewers (readers) is why we can't get good people to run for office. If they can't find something, they will make it up.

Leave taking sides to your favorite sports teams, not as a way to divide our country.

There is no middle-ground here.

Look, the Republican party has inner-fighting between the establishment and the Tea Party types. However the establishment is losing and the constitutionalists are winning.

On the left, the US Communist Party endorsed Sanders, Clinton, Obama both terms.

So where is the middle-ground between Communism and Constitutionalism? There is none, because you can't be a half Communist or a half Constitutionalist. You either believe in one or the other.

Welcome to USMB by the way.

i don't blame the media. they go for $$$ as always and always will. i blame us for letting them push it this far and while we all know they're full of shit, we still use them to prop up our own emotional imbalances.

that's on us, not them.

If we stop letting politicians and partisan cable news frame our conversations, and honestly talk amonst ourselves we will learn that while we may have different ideas about how to fix the problems in our country we are more alike than different. We need to not demonize each other for who we voted for. When we are given no good choices we need to not blame each other, but the system that exists to preserve itself. Take the time to ask others questions so we can really understand each other. Don’t let Rachael Maddow or Rush Limbaugh tell us how or what to think. Don’t believe a politician has your best interest at heart even if they are from a party you may pin your hopes. Stop listening to politicians and watch what they do to know where they really stand. Leave taking sides to your favorite sports teams, not as a way to divide our country.
problem is many people use forums such as this NOT to talk but to slam the other side. won't matter what that other side says or does, it's wrong. the other side is stupid and we know what we're doing.

it does become unfortunate when people start sliding around double, triple and more standards for no other reason than to keep the lie alive in their mind and can safely ignore 80%+ of what they bitch at the other side for doing they're usually engaged in at the time of said bitching.

i'm not so sure that CNN, MSNBC, FOX or the gambit are really trying to tell us what to think or cater to their audience so they don't have to think. which is actually a bigger issue?

common ground. we've got to get back to starting discussions, planning and actions around that.
I've long since decided that trying to have normal conversations here is largely a waste of time. This isn't where the important communication has to happen, anyway. It has to happen in a larger public forum. In real life. The value of an online forum for me is in observing behaviors, motivations, tactics.

I've long since decided that trying to have normal conversations here is largely a waste of time. This isn't where the important communication has to happen, anyway. It has to happen in a larger public forum. In real life. The value of an online forum for me is in observing behaviors, motivations, tactics.
there are a few. some have taken work and some are still a work in progress.

the rest i simply ignore and have gotten used to choppy conversations and just take it for granted someone going MY GOD YOU'RE A FUCKING DUMBASS" to know one is simply validation i ignored the right one.

you and i took a bit to get on the same page. whether my views have changes or yours or we finally just found some of that "common ground" dunno. but it works now and i appreciate the viewpoints you bring up and try to participate when i can.

there are some very intelligent people on both sides that unfortunately get drowned out the the cheerleaders and screamers of the same both sides. i've found those people and pay a lot more attention to them and keep wondering about the rest. but anyone who is 24x7 TRUMP SUCKS i've just already moved to ignore and have given up hope. not that i don't agree but when someone has got a bug like that up their ass their conversations are tedious at best.

When we are given no good choices we need to not blame each other, but the system that exists to preserve itself.

Who in their right mind would want snoops going back in your life 50 years to find trash on you and bring it to the public? Who in their right mind would want to drag their family into it which the media does?

The media and their viewers (readers) is why we can't get good people to run for office. If they can't find something, they will make it up.

Leave taking sides to your favorite sports teams, not as a way to divide our country.

Look, the Republican party has inner-fighting between the establishment and the Tea Party types. However the establishment is losing and the constitutionalists are winning.

On the left, the US Communist Party endorsed Sanders, Clinton, Obama both terms.

So where is the middle-ground between Communism and Constitutionalism? There is none, because you can't be a half Communist or a half Constitutionalist. You either believe in one or the other.

i don't blame the media. they go for $$$ as always and always will. i blame us for letting them push it this far and while we all know they're full of shit, we still use them to prop up our own emotional imbalances.

that's on us, not them.

I see it as a little of both. It's like trying to decide who to blame our drug problem on: the pusher for selling the crap or the user for buying it. To me, they're both at fault.

So Mac has no credibility because he doesn't accept reality. Both sides are the same cause he says so
I didn't say both sides are the same.

Now you're lying.

That's four behaviors from my list, right away, right on cue.

And I know that, at least on a conscious level, you don't see it.
Which party called on abusers to step down, which endorsed a pedophile? Answer the tough question

So who endorsed a pedophile? When was he charge, when was he convicted, how much time did he spend in prison? How much credible evidence was presented?

How are they the same in behaviours
Both ends of the spectrum regularly engage in the following behaviors as naturally as they breathe:
  • Spin
  • Deflection
  • Diversion
  • Denial
  • Distortion
  • Hyperbole
  • Personal insults
  • Name calling
  • Hypocrisy
  • Tunnel vision
  • Outright lies
And of course, BOTH sides ONLY "see" those behaviors in the OTHER side.

Ideology distorts.
Which party is trying to discredit the FBI

The Republicans are and with good reason.

that's on us, not them.

I see it as a little of both. It's like trying to decide who to blame our drug problem on: the pusher for selling the crap or the user for buying it. To me, they're both at fault.

Jacked up symbiotic relationship. :)

Forum List

Back