How to fix our corrupt and dysfunctioal government

End2party

Rookie
Dec 17, 2017
Make it a felony punishable by 5 years in prison for any elected or appointed govenment official that lies to the American public. Maybe 10 years if it is a stupid and pointless lie. An example of a pointless lie is when the Trump administration for no apparent reason said it had created 49,000 new coal jobs when there were only 47,000 when they took office.

Make it a felony punishable by 5 years in prison for any elected or appointed govenment official that lies to the American public. Maybe 10 years if it is a stupid and pointless lie. An example of a pointless lie is when the Trump administration for no apparent reason said it had created 49,000 new coal jobs when there were only 47,000 when they took office.

That's pretty fail dude. Do you have any material that's deeper than a mudpuddle, or no?

That's pretty fail dude. Do you have any material that's deeper than a mudpuddle, or no?
Your response is what I would expect from a partisan Trump shill.

Your response is what I would expect from a partisan Trump shill.

Okay, so what about Clinton and Obama? What about Holder and Fast and Furious? What about John McCain with the: "Oh, they're moderate rebels". Sup? What about Susan Rice?

I don’t think it’s possible, make every federal elected office single term limited... for starters

I don’t think it’s possible, make every federal elected office single term limited... for starters

I really like that, but 2 terms is optimal. At least they'd have some experience going in for the 2nd.

The US really really needs term limits for Senators and Congress.

I really like that, but 2 terms is optimal. At least they'd have some experience going in for the 2nd.

With the way political campaigns are financed today, they are all owned and corrupted the day they are elected. Until they only receive money from individual donors and a limit of $100 per per donor will they be truely be beholden to their constituents.

With the way political campaigns are financed today, they are all owned and corrupted the day they are elected. Until they only receive money from individual donors and a limit of $100 per per donor will they be truely be beholden to their constituents.

Okay, now it's time for you to expound on campaign finance reform. What do you want to see happen?

Okay, now it's time for you to expound on campaign finance reform. What do you want to see happen?
No corporate or PAC money allowed.

Try it in a blue city first like Chicago or a blue state like Ca. and let us know how many corrupt democrats you put in the can.

No corporate or PAC money allowed.

Wow! I think you might actually be alright! Welcome! Try to deliver your ideas a little bit better. :)

Try it in a blue city first like Chicago or a blue state like Ca. and let us know how many corrupt democrats you put in the can.
Highly unlikely anyone goes to jail. Just a way to communicate our sentiment on how we feel about them. We just need to stop taking sides and recognize regardless of who is in office we, all of us, are losing something of value to us.

Our corrupt government is beyond the tipping point and the revolt has already begun. We face a militarized police of alt-right deplorables so it is our duty to dispatch all fascists.

Our corrupt government is beyond the tipping point and the revolt has already begun. We face a militarized police of alt-right deplorables so it is our duty to dispatch all fascists.

:cuckoo:

Lookout Fred! We got us a live one ova heanh! :badgrin:

Bro, seriously, if you believe what you just typed, you're in for some major disappointment. Sooner or later you will wake up to how things really are.

Tbh, sounds like you're ready to go to war to make yourself a slave to me.

OP has much better ideas.

Rather than choke the judicial and legislative systems to a literal standstill, we could try something different.

Maybe like, politicians, pundits, politicos and partisans could stop pointing the finger at the "other side", and then stop spinning for, and deflecting for, and avoiding, and ignoring all the lies and distortions vomited out by people on THEIR OWN SIDE.

Maybe start some kind of "Me Too" movement for partisans. Demand intellectual honesty from YOUR OWN side.

Maybe that's an idea.

Highly unlikely anyone goes to jail. Just a way to communicate our sentiment on how we feel about them. We just need to stop taking sides and recognize regardless of who is in office we, all of us, are losing something of value to us.

You mean like representation for the taxation we pay? If so, I agree!

Rather than choke the judicial and legislative systems to a literal standstill, we could try something different.

Maybe like, politicians, pundits, politicos and partisans could stop pointing the finger at the "other side", and then stop spinning for, and deflecting for, and avoiding, and ignoring all the lies and distortions vomited out by people on THEIR OWN SIDE.

Maybe start some kind of "Me Too" movement for partisans. Demand intellectual honesty from YOUR OWN side.

Maybe that's an idea.

It is an idea, however, you're too much of an idealist.

Maybe that's an idea.

It is an idea, however, you're too much of an idealist.
Well, it was just an idea.

Believe me, I'm not holding my breath over here

Forum List

Back