We haven't found aliens because they're aren't any

Which is not possible

Quantum Entanglement - Careful what you claim is impossible.

Beam me up Scotty

What you claim is possible for an atomic particle does not become possible for a living being

You said it is impossible to travel faster than speed of light... it's not impossible. Now you are backpedaling to say it's impossible for a human being to travel faster than speed of light... which is true. However, it may not ALWAYS be true. After all, what do you think human beings are comprised of? ...That's right... atomic particles.

Which is not possible

Beam me up Scotty

What you claim is possible for an atomic particle does not become possible for a living being

You said it is impossible to travel faster than speed of light... it's not impossible. Now you are backpedaling to say it's impossible for a human being to travel faster than speed of light... which is true. However, it may not ALWAYS be true. After all, what do you think human beings are comprised of? ...That's right... atomic particles.

Beam me up Scotty

We are talking about life on other planets not subatomic particles.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
Which is not possible

Beam me up Scotty

Beam me up Scotty

Well okay, but we don't know if there is life on other planets or what the nature of that life might be, or how technologically more advanced they could be. If it's possible for a subatomic particle to travel faster than speed of light and we are comprised of many subatomic particles..... ??? :dunno:

Which is not possible

Beam me up Scotty

Beam me up Scotty

Well okay, but we don't know if there is life on other planets or what the nature of that life might be, or how technologically more advanced they could be. If it's possible for a subatomic particle to travel faster than speed of light and we are comprised of many subatomic particles..... ??? :dunno:
We are living beings
Subatomic particles can handle extremes in temperature and mass ......we can not

Beam me up Scotty

Beam me up Scotty

We are living beings
Subatomic particles can handle extremes in temperature and mass ......we can not

Hey, I am not arguing that we can do this NOW... clearly, we can't! So if THAT is the argument that you think we're having then you win! Congratulations! But it's not MY argument.

I'm only speculating about possibilities in light of your claim of impossibility. 100 years ago it was "impossible" to go faster than the speed of sound... now we do this all the time. I can see where, somewhere in our future, science develops a way to travel faster than the speed of light. It won't be in OUR lifetime, or probably not even in the lifetime of our grandchildren. It's certainly not impossible.... it just seems to be at this time because we can't comprehend such technology. And this is a common problem in human thinking... our hubris... the notion that what we happen to know at this given moment is ALL there will ever be to know. That's just not true.

If there is more advanced life out there it is probably best that it doesn't find us. We may not fare so well with such an encounter. Hawking even considered this when the message and invitation was put on the Voyageur 1 spacecraft. The silence at this point is actually a good thing.

That's the classic paradox. We all want there to be other life out there, but if it finds us before we find it, that means it's much more advanced and we are likely to be at the mercy of it.
We are so far apart, we will never find each other

one or the other will need to be able to travel faster much faster then the speed of light

Which is not possible

for now

Life on earth is a mathematical impossibility.
---
That's like saying you have experienced mathematical infinity.

Well actually, if one considers a Big Bang happening, the odds that this earth just happened to become placed in a position whereby it could support life as we know it and also have all the right condition to support this life as we know it is in itself a stretch. If one further does the math, the odds of a single cell lifeform springing forth from some slime pool is practically an impossibility. The mathematical probability of a single cell mutating into a two or more celled lifeform is beyond the pale of any expectation.

Ludicrous conclusions.

You have beliefs that you try to squeeze facts into, not the other way around.

Science takes a premise and either confirms or ELIMINATES it if it isn't valid. Religion twists every fact to fit the premise regardless of evidence. The premise is in fact the 'god'.

No it certainly isn't. Agnostics worship science as their god. Mathematics, which is the primary building block of any study of science is Satan himself to agnostics. Agnostics cannot abide the truth of mathematics.

Ignorance on display, not believing in a thing doesn't mean you worship the empty space.

It just means there is an empty space.

Conservatives have glommed on to this fallacy of trying to bring everyone else down to their level of 'belief' in a supernatural being by claiming the reciprocal of anyone challenging their beliefs.

It is the equivalent of arguing "I know you are but what am I".
A beautiful argument to be put forth by a child, but for an adult it is admission that you have no argument.

Actually, it is the child who cannot accept that there are mathematical probabilities that offer questions beyond that child's mere speculations. Grow up and accept that yours is totally without any proof and that there are probabilities that are against what you may believe.

I call the theory in the OP "wistful" thinking.

Any Aliens that are advanced enough to come to or be observed by Earth are either: 1. So far beyond us that we are irrelevant ants to them or 2. Kanamits fattening us up for the Great Harvest.

I'm inclined to believe that 2 is the accurate theory. Kanamits clearly designed the Carb Heavy food pyramid and are the puppet masters of the FDA and Archer Daniels Midland.

---

Well actually, if one considers a Big Bang happening, the odds that this earth just happened to become placed in a position whereby it could support life as we know it and also have all the right condition to support this life as we know it is in itself a stretch. If one further does the math, the odds of a single cell lifeform springing forth from some slime pool is practically an impossibility. The mathematical probability of a single cell mutating into a two or more celled lifeform is beyond the pale of any expectation.

Ludicrous conclusions.

Science takes a premise and either confirms or ELIMINATES it if it isn't valid. Religion twists every fact to fit the premise regardless of evidence. The premise is in fact the 'god'.

No it certainly isn't. Agnostics worship science as their god. Mathematics, which is the primary building block of any study of science is Satan himself to agnostics. Agnostics cannot abide the truth of mathematics.

Ignorance on display, not believing in a thing doesn't mean you worship the empty space.

Conservatives have glommed on to this fallacy of trying to bring everyone else down to their level of 'belief' in a supernatural being by claiming the reciprocal of anyone challenging their beliefs.

A beautiful argument to be put forth by a child, but for an adult it is admission that you have no argument.

Actually, it is the child who cannot accept that there are mathematical probabilities that offer questions beyond that child's mere speculations. Grow up and accept that yours is totally without any proof and that there are probabilities that are against what you may believe.

You're missing Barney, go watch.

Life on earth is a mathematical impossibility.
---

Ludicrous conclusions.

Science is not a god

It is a series of theories substantiated by scientific facts
Something a belief in God can't do

Mathematics is a whole lots more of a substantiated fact as is most any other "scientific fact".

If there is more advanced life out there it is probably best that it doesn't find us. We may not fare so well with such an encounter. Hawking even considered this when the message and invitation was put on the Voyageur 1 spacecraft. The silence at this point is actually a good thing.

That's the classic paradox. We all want there to be other life out there, but if it finds us before we find it, that means it's much more advanced and we are likely to be at the mercy of it.
We are so far apart, we will never find each other

one or the other will need to be able to travel faster much faster then the speed of light

Which is not possible

for now
For ever

While a subatomic particle can theoretically be accelerated to that speed, heat buildup and changes to the particles mass make it impossible for something the size of a spaceship to endure, let alone a living organism

Ludicrous conclusions.

You're missing Barney, go watch.

Indeed. Resort to deflective trash talk when faced with opposition.

Any Aliens that are advanced enough to come to or be observed by Earth are either: 1. So far beyond us that we are irrelevant ants to them or 2. Kanamits fattening us up for the Great Harvest.

I'm inclined to believe that 2 is the accurate theory. Kanamits clearly designed the Carb Heavy food pyramid and are the puppet masters of the FDA and Archer Daniels Midland.
They are here to serve man

Yeah. Just like hiLIARy.

While a subatomic particle can theoretically be accelerated to that speed, heat buildup and changes to the particles mass make it impossible for something the size of a spaceship to endure, let alone a living organism

Quantum entanglement is not talking about acceleration of a particle. It is the transfer of information. You have to think outside the box here because this is theoretical physics. In Star Trek, when they "beam someone up" the person is not traveling at the speed of light. The information which comprises the person is. So they are turned into information, transferred instantly, then reassembled. It's total science fiction of course, but it coincides with what quantum entanglement is positing. You have to consider that at the fundamental level, every atom that makes up your human body (or any matter) is simply information.

We don't know how to disassemble and reassemble the information at this time. If we ever figure that part out, it's possible we could travel millions of light years instantly. The paradox would be setting up such systems of reception and reassembly, we would have to travel there at much less than the speed of light to do that. So there are lots of obstacles and reasons why we can assume this won't be possible in the near future... still, it IS possible.

Yeah. Just like hiLIARy.

Hillary eats people now?
You guys have no limits on how low you will go ...do you?

Quantum entanglement is not talking about acceleration of a particle. It is the transfer of information. You have to think outside the box here because this is theoretical physics. In Star Trek, when they "beam someone up" the person is not traveling at the speed of light. The information which comprises the person is. So they are turned into information, transferred instantly, then reassembled. It's total science fiction of course, but it coincides with what quantum entanglement is positing. You have to consider that at the fundamental level, every atom that makes up your human body (or any matter) is simply information.

We don't know how to disassemble and reassemble the information at this time. If we ever figure that part out, it's possible we could travel millions of light years instantly. The paradox would be setting up such systems of reception and reassembly, we would have to travel there at much less than the speed of light to do that. So there are lots of obstacles and reasons why we can assume this won't be possible in the near future... still, it IS possible.
Interesting theory.....thanks

Yeah. Just like hiLIARy.

Hillary eats people now?

She metaphorically "eats" people. Her victims are legion.

Yeah. Just like hiLIARy.

Hillary eats people now?

She metaphorically "eats" people. Her victims are legion.

Is this another lesbian accusation?

Forum List

Back