We haven't found aliens because they're aren't any

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This seems to be the new thought of many scientists, and I keep hearing it more and more.

I get the idea that a planets environmental hostility makes it nearly impossible for life forms to survive long enough to evolve into technological beings, but the idea that it has only happened here seems crazy to me.
They acknowledge the universe is likely filled with habitable planets. It's as if they are using that likliehood as a way of concluding there must not be any life out there, in other words, since there are likely habitable planets throughout, why aren't we finding life ? Life must be a complete fluke.
The conclusion then is to say we must be the only ones.

"What happened here was a fluke - and is highly unlikely to have happened elsewhere", the researchers say.

We Haven’t Found Aliens Because They’re All Already Dead, Scientists Say

The reason there has never been a confirmed sighting of an alien - or a message from an alien race - could be very depressing.
The reason we haven’t heard from aliens is because they’re all already dead, a new study has suggested.
Researchers from Australian National University suggest that the environments on early planets tend to be so hostile that even when life arises, it is quickly exterminated.
‘The Universe is probably filled with habitable planets, so many scientists think it should be teeming with aliens,’ said Aditya Chopra from the Australian National University.
‘Early life is fragile, so we believe it rarely evolves quickly enough to survive.’
‘Most early planetary environments are unstable. To produce a habitable planet, life forms need to regulate greenhouse gases such as water and carbon dioxide to keep surface temperatures stable.’’

This seems to be the new thought of many scientists, and I keep hearing it more and more.

I get the idea that a planets environmental hostility makes it nearly impossible for life forms to survive long enough to evolve into technological beings, but the idea that it has only happened here seems crazy to me.
They acknowledge the universe is likely filled with habitable planets. It's as if they are using that likliehood as a way of concluding there must not be any life out there, in other words, since there are likely habitable planets throughout, why aren't we finding life ? Life must be a complete fluke.

"What happened here was a fluke - and is highly unlikely to have happened elsewhere", the researchers say.

The reason there has never been a confirmed sighting of an alien - or a message from an alien race - could be very depressing.
The reason we haven’t heard from aliens is because they’re all already dead, a new study has suggested.
Researchers from Australian National University suggest that the environments on early planets tend to be so hostile that even when life arises, it is quickly exterminated.
‘The Universe is probably filled with habitable planets, so many scientists think it should be teeming with aliens,’ said Aditya Chopra from the Australian National University.
‘Early life is fragile, so we believe it rarely evolves quickly enough to survive.’
‘Most early planetary environments are unstable. To produce a habitable planet, life forms need to regulate greenhouse gases such as water and carbon dioxide to keep surface temperatures stable.’’

Good Morning darling, I'm not usually on until my evening, your afternoon.

You know, I simply don't think there are aliens, although I love the 1951 original of "The Day The Earth Stood Still", also the 1956 original of "Invasion of The Body-Snatchers".

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That makes no sense. how many life forms have formed on this planet alone. how many live in volcanic vents in the oceans and in other hostile environments. clearly there is a range of circumstances under which life can form and/or survive.

clearly they are referencing early life, but they are assuming that life that might have formed here is equivalent to life that may form elsewhere. that in itself makes little sense, as if life forms in another type of environment it will be better suited to that environment from the outset.

early planetary environments are unstable. here's another 'so what'? that does not preclude formation of life after those environments have stabilized to some degree, whether that be through life forms starting and failing, thereby regulating greenhouse gases or other mechanisms.

this isn't science. this is a theory only. they can't test it, prove it, reproduce their experiments to come to a conclusion of any kind. This is some folks saying 'ya know, formation of life from scratch is hard to explain'. For that they should get the 'no shit, sherlock' award of the year.....

Last edited:
To think that we're the only "intelligent" life form in the entire universe is a scary thought.

It is my opinion that only those who are not convinced the one true God exists and is the author of life could possibly engage in such wild speculations.

It is about as useful as Stephen Hawking telling us how to greet aliens if they should arrive and to be cautious as well. I cannot help but LOL at that “serious” message.

Stephen Hawking: Humans Should Fear Aliens

06/25/2010 05:12 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011

World renowned scientist Stephen Hawking believes extraterrestrial life almost certainly exists -- and humans should be extremely cautious about interacting with it.
"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational," Hawking says in a new Discovery Channel series called Stephen Hawking's Universe. "The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like."

He suggests that aliens might simply raid Earth for its resources and then move on: "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach."

He concludes that trying to make contact with alien races is "a little too risky". He said: "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

There’s something fascinating about science. You get such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” Mark Twain

Personally, I highly, highly doubt there is intelligent life anywhere in the universe because the teachings of our faith give absolute no hint of such a matter. But I am certain no alien life forms could ever visit earth. Demonic apparitions, yes, but aliens, no. The closest star is 4 light years away. So at a minimum, these aliens would have to travel for 4 years at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) to get here. That would make them super-super human in intelligence. Then what? They are going to visit a wheat field in Kansas, encounter a couple of farmers at night, and then after a few hours take off for the next hopeful planet to find something interesting? Sounds reasonable. : 0

Good Morning darling, I'm not usually on until my evening, your afternoon.

You know, I simply don't think there are aliens, although I love the 1951 original of "The Day The Earth Stood Still", also the 1956 original of "Invasion of The Body-Snatchers".

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good morning !!
Those movies were great, always loved "The Day The Earth Stood Still".

Groucho Marx said it best..."you can believe your eyes, or you can believe me"

Alien/UFO sightings went up 20,000% after Chariots of the Gods came out in the 70's.

It's not the stars. It's not out there somewhere. It's the Inner Earth. See my avatar. We are among you already.

It is my opinion that only those who are not convinced the one true God exists and is the author of life could possibly engage in such wild speculations.

It is about as useful as Stephen Hawking telling us how to greet aliens if they should arrive and to be cautious as well. I cannot help but LOL at that “serious” message.

World renowned scientist Stephen Hawking believes extraterrestrial life almost certainly exists -- and humans should be extremely cautious about interacting with it.
"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational," Hawking says in a new Discovery Channel series called Stephen Hawking's Universe. "The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like."

He suggests that aliens might simply raid Earth for its resources and then move on: "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach."

He concludes that trying to make contact with alien races is "a little too risky". He said: "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

There’s something fascinating about science. You get such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” Mark Twain

Personally, I highly, highly doubt there is intelligent life anywhere in the universe because the teachings of our faith give absolute no hint of such a matter. But I am certain no alien life forms could ever visit earth. Demonic apparitions, yes, but aliens, no. The closest star is 4 light years away. So at a minimum, these aliens would have to travel for 4 years at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) to get here. That would make them super-super human in intelligence. Then what? They are going to visit a wheat field in Kansas, encounter a couple of farmers at night, and then after a few hours take off for the next hopeful planet to find something interesting? Sounds reasonable. : 0

If you're a person of faith I understand your reasoning.

I'm agnostic, and I won't rule out the possibilities of life elsewhere.

I've always looked at it from the standpoint that the odds seem overwhelming that there would be life elsewhere when you consider the vastness of the universe and the billions of stars and knowing now that planetary systems are common.

What's the universe, 13 or so billion years old?

Countless civilizations could have long since come and gone, countless more on the way.

Countless more far too far away for us to ever know about, no matter how far technology advances.

I agree with what you wrote and will add that because we have not found any life form equivalent to ours does not mean there is none, or ones that are more advance than ours.

I have said many times if I were a Space Alien traveling the Universe and stopped here I would not let humanity know I am here because as a being we are like in infant stage and would not know how to handle first contact...

If you're a person of faith I understand your reasoning.

I'm agnostic, and I won't rule out the possibilities of life elsewhere.

I've always looked at it from the standpoint that the odds seem overwhelming that there would be life elsewhere when you consider the vastness of the universe and the billions of stars and knowing now that planetary systems are common.
And I can understand why an agnostic might hold that possibility.

But that is different than the question --- do you think it is possible for alien life to visit our planet? Given the unfathomable distances any possible life forming planet may be from earth (as the example I provided), I think the answer to that has to be an absolute 'no.' Unless these beings can "mind travel" like God or something, then in that case they would be a billion times more intelligent than us. But that is all total fantasy sci-fi stuff.

I would actually rather see an alien compared to someone who is supposed to be dead. I once saw a lady who in my opinion was the spitting image of a family member that I had lost a few years earlier so you can imagine how startled I felt at that moment.

God bless you and that woman always!!!

Holly

We can't even leave this planet and yet they are going to tell us exactly what is out there beyond Pluto…..? They have no idea if there is life out there or not…...

And I can understand why an agnostic might hold that possibility.
But that is different than the question --- do you think it is possible for alien life to visit our planet? Given the unfathomable distances any possible life forming planet may be from earth (as the example I provided), I think the answer to that has to be an absolute 'no.'
An - absolute - no?
That's just silly.
Anything is possible - the fact that we haven't yet developed the Warp 5 (125c) engine in no way means we never will, or that someone else has not already..

Forum List

Back