'we have to spend money to keep from going bankrupt'

I here you....

Dec 2006 unemployment was an atrocious 4.4%. Bush kept harping on education during his presidency and unemployment rate for in 2007 with some college was 3.6% and if you had at least a bachelor's degree then unemployment was 2.0%.

I agree with you that Pelosi and Reed ain't the brightest light-bulbs in the box. For two years they had the ability to stop the mess before it went out of control, and they did nothing.

What mess? You, Bush, McCain and Rush said that everything was fine. We tried but you guys obstructed. I think you did it on purpose. You love that wages are low and you love breaking unions. And the mess you caused allowed you to give your banker buddies trillions of dollars.

What caused the housing crash? Because most of the people looking for jobs and getting hired at my company came from the mortgage industry. The predatory lending and overvaluing houses and selling toxic assets to banks, which caused the bankers to need a bailout, all happened because of GOP policies.

Jobs have been going overseas long before Pelosi. People were worried about their jobs, even if they had them. And people who found new jobs found themselves making less. So no one is/was spending.

I could go on and on about why your reply is sooo wrong.

Tell me what bills Pelosi/Reed passed that caused unemployment to go up so much.

We were telling you guys since 2003 that GOP policies were going to cause a mess, but you didn't listen. That was 3 years into Bush's presidency. You didn't believe us. Now 6 months into Obama's presidency, you want to tell us his policies are going to cause doom? Got news for you. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Iraq has something to do with our problems too. The GOP shouldn't have lied us into that war. Can't take that back, can you?

You keep asking for what bills Pelosi and Reed passed to cause unemployment to skyrocket. I find it funny that you are not asking why did they do nothing? If you knew in 2003 the wreck was coming and did nothing in 2007 to slow it down, what does that say about democratic leadership?

Do you have a quote from me that said everything was fine or are you trying to put words in my mouth?

like all clowns, you give me a good chuckle.:lol:

I have been arguing with clowns like you since 1988. No quote from you, but I got ones from McCain, Bush and Romney.

So you can not tell me what Pelosi/Reed did, because it was GOP policies that caused it. Exactly. :clap2:

And they didn't have the votes to get past Bush's veto pen even if they tried.

By the way, it is hard to tell if clowns like you really believe what you are saying or do you even realize that you are being told what to say? Certainly you are wrong. But what is amazing is just how on point your message is. You sound a lot like Rish/hannity/o'reilly/savage and every other right wing tool. The question is, will it work. I seriously doubt it. Loser.

Here are your marching orders stupid:

Republicans are seeking to build on public anxiety and drape the weak economy around the necks of President Obama and the Democratic Congress if they hope to make gains in the 2010 congressional elections. Their daily, relentless message leaves little doubt that this is exactly what they intend to do as they hammer at the president’s $787 billion stimulus package (PL 111-5) and the growing national debt.

The GOP also are tying the Democrats’ key legislative initiatives on global warming and energy and health care to the economy, charging that legislation pushed by Obama and his Democratic allies includes huge middle-class tax increases that would cripple the economy at exactly the wrong moment.

“We’re going to take the gloves off on the economy,” said Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana, chairman of the House Republican Conference. “I’m going to be a one-trick pony on the economy for a while.”

What mess? You, Bush, McCain and Rush said that everything was fine. We tried but you guys obstructed. I think you did it on purpose. You love that wages are low and you love breaking unions. And the mess you caused allowed you to give your banker buddies trillions of dollars.

What caused the housing crash? Because most of the people looking for jobs and getting hired at my company came from the mortgage industry. The predatory lending and overvaluing houses and selling toxic assets to banks, which caused the bankers to need a bailout, all happened because of GOP policies.

Jobs have been going overseas long before Pelosi. People were worried about their jobs, even if they had them. And people who found new jobs found themselves making less. So no one is/was spending.

I could go on and on about why your reply is sooo wrong.

Tell me what bills Pelosi/Reed passed that caused unemployment to go up so much.

We were telling you guys since 2003 that GOP policies were going to cause a mess, but you didn't listen. That was 3 years into Bush's presidency. You didn't believe us. Now 6 months into Obama's presidency, you want to tell us his policies are going to cause doom? Got news for you. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Iraq has something to do with our problems too. The GOP shouldn't have lied us into that war. Can't take that back, can you?

You keep asking for what bills Pelosi and Reed passed to cause unemployment to skyrocket. I find it funny that you are not asking why did they do nothing? If you knew in 2003 the wreck was coming and did nothing in 2007 to slow it down, what does that say about democratic leadership?

Do you have a quote from me that said everything was fine or are you trying to put words in my mouth?

I have been arguing with clowns like you since 1988. No quote from you, but I got ones from McCain, Bush and Romney.

So you can not tell me what Pelosi/Reed did, because it was GOP policies that caused it. Exactly. :clap2:

By the way, it is hard to tell if clowns like you really believe what you are saying or do you even realize that you are being told what to say? Certainly you are wrong. But what is amazing is just how on point your message is. You sound a lot like Rish/hannity/o'reilly/savage and every other right wing tool. The question is, will it work. I seriously doubt it. Loser.

Republicans are seeking to build on public anxiety and drape the weak economy around the necks of President Obama and the Democratic Congress if they hope to make gains in the 2010 congressional elections. Their daily, relentless message leaves little doubt that this is exactly what they intend to do as they hammer at the president’s $787 billion stimulus package (PL 111-5) and the growing national debt.

The GOP also are tying the Democrats’ key legislative initiatives on global warming and energy and health care to the economy, charging that legislation pushed by Obama and his Democratic allies includes huge middle-class tax increases that would cripple the economy at exactly the wrong moment.

“We’re going to take the gloves off on the economy,” said Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana, chairman of the House Republican Conference. “I’m going to be a one-trick pony on the economy for a while.”

I guess I should start listening or watching the poeple you think that I sound like. I like to watch sports, L&O, USA channel and TNT/TBS.

It is good you acknowledge that what the democrats hindered what GOP would have liked to to but did not have enough votes. What legislation did Pelosi/Reed put to the President that he vetoed that would have slowed the mess? Not having enough votes as a reason is equal to not having the cajones to try it.

What are the rules so I can evaluate if I am a winner or a loser? Please post them. It is hard to keep score if the rules are not know.

Are these a couple of the rules:
Rule #1: Bobo's Opinion is always right
Rule #2: Refer to Rule #1

I guess I should start listening or watching the poeple you think that I sound like. I like to watch sports, L&O, USA channel and TNT/TBS.

It is good you acknowledge that what the democrats hindered what GOP would have liked to to but did not have enough votes. What legislation did Pelosi/Reed put to the President that he vetoed that would have slowed the mess? Not having enough votes as a reason is equal to not having the cajones to try it.

What are the rules so I can evaluate if I am a winner or a loser? Please post them. It is hard to keep score if the rules are not know.

So I found one for you. HR 6275. Now don't ask me to do any more work for you.

President Bush pledged to veto a bill passed by the House, HR 6275, that would have pay for new middle-class tax relief by closing a loophole that allows buyout managers to pay a 15 percent tax rate on much of their income — lower than that paid by many nurses, firefighters and middle managers.

As our elected officials and regulatory agencies navigate their way through one of the worst financial crises since the Great Depression, most analysts have focused on reforming the subprime mortgage market. But private equity is another massive, secret and largely unregulated force operating beneath the radar screen of disclosure and regulation — and with the potential to derail our economy.

Buyout firms rake in big dollars by loading up the companies they buy with debt, then deducting the interest payments. All businesses deduct their interest payments as a business expense, but leveraged buyouts typically have two or three times as much debt as equity. When the interest payments on that debt are subtracted from a company’s earnings, there’s often little or no taxable income left. That means fewer tax dollars for already-strapped state and federal treasuries.

Bring this up to the buyout industry, and they’ll claim that if lawmakers do anything to change the way they make their money, they’ll just go overseas. It’s a good line, but it’s not clear where they’d go. Denmark, Germany, England, Australia and the European Union are all considering legislation to cap interest deductions for debt used to finance leveraged buyouts.

Bush veto would protect tax loophole - Stephen Lerner - Politico.com

Keep Private Equity Away From Our Banks - WSJ.com

Behind the Buyouts - Leveraged Buyouts/How Money Is Made

Okay let me see if I understand our Vice Presidents logic here, if a Govt. goes out and opens up a new credit card with a billion dollar line of credit and max's it out then opens anohter and anohter and another in the hopes that by doing so he can create revenue before the bills come due is sort of like saying if I bet enough at blackjack I will eventually break even. The do have clinics for that sort of addiction. The facts are you need to pay down the deficit and limit spending while cutting programs and taxes even Bill Clinton understood that. You cannot spend your way into a healthy economy regardless of what some new age pie in the sky economist may have you believe.

So I found one for you. HR 6275. Now don't ask me to do any more work for you.

President Bush pledged to veto a bill passed by the House, HR 6275, that would have pay for new middle-class tax relief by closing a loophole that allows buyout managers to pay a 15 percent tax rate on much of their income — lower than that paid by many nurses, firefighters and middle managers.

As our elected officials and regulatory agencies navigate their way through one of the worst financial crises since the Great Depression, most analysts have focused on reforming the subprime mortgage market. But private equity is another massive, secret and largely unregulated force operating beneath the radar screen of disclosure and regulation — and with the potential to derail our economy.

Buyout firms rake in big dollars by loading up the companies they buy with debt, then deducting the interest payments. All businesses deduct their interest payments as a business expense, but leveraged buyouts typically have two or three times as much debt as equity. When the interest payments on that debt are subtracted from a company’s earnings, there’s often little or no taxable income left. That means fewer tax dollars for already-strapped state and federal treasuries.

Bring this up to the buyout industry, and they’ll claim that if lawmakers do anything to change the way they make their money, they’ll just go overseas. It’s a good line, but it’s not clear where they’d go. Denmark, Germany, England, Australia and the European Union are all considering legislation to cap interest deductions for debt used to finance leveraged buyouts.

Bush veto would protect tax loophole - Stephen Lerner - Politico.com

Keep Private Equity Away From Our Banks - WSJ.com

Behind the Buyouts - Leveraged Buyouts/How Money Is Made

You got me...$100 million of extra taxes for 2008 would have really slowed down the mess.

And people are still in denial about how Palin flayed Biden in their debate making him come across as a lying idiot.

And people are still in denial about how Palin flayed Biden in their debate making him come across as a lying idiot.

Who Won VP Debate: A Review of Polls with October 3 pm update

by George Harris
Kansas City Star
Readers Advisory Panel 2008

update October 3 5:15 pm

Two additional polls to report:

Survey USA Biden 51% Palin 32%
Undecided 17%

MediaCurves.com tracked independent voters, showing them breaking to Biden 67% to Palin 33%.

Original report:
Random and non-random polls for the vice presidential debate declare Biden the winner over Palin in the vice-presidential debate.

Non-random (unscientific) polls on AOL and MSNBC web sites show Biden winning 48 to 45 and 78.6 to 18.9 respectively.

Randomly selected subjects on three other polls also show Biden winning:

CNN/Opinion Research Biden 51 Palin 36
CBS Biden 46 Palin 21
Fox Biden 61 Palin 39

In the CBS poll, of the uncommitted voters, 18% now say they will vote Obama/Biden, 10% now say McCain/Palin.
http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2299

the reason for the need is the dead end spending done by bush for 8 years...military spending does not generate the same return as spending in the private sector. only about 25% of the monies have been released...it will be interesting to see if there are any new jobs?

oh good fucking god, bush? obama owns this economy he spent more than bushy could have ever fucking hoped to spend. give it a rest, the song is as bad as listening to "born to be wild" for the upteenth bazillion time, it just doesnt compute.

Internal GOP Memo Attacks Bush Handling Of Economy | The Plum Line

An internal GOP memo prepared to brief some House Republicans as part of an ongoing probe into the Bank of America-Merrill Lynch deal takes direct aim at an unlikely target: Former President George W. Bush.

the reason for the need is the dead end spending done by bush for 8 years...military spending does not generate the same return as spending in the private sector. only about 25% of the monies have been released...it will be interesting to see if there are any new jobs?

oh good fucking god, bush? obama owns this economy he spent more than bushy could have ever fucking hoped to spend. give it a rest, the song is as bad as listening to "born to be wild" for the upteenth bazillion time, it just doesnt compute.

He has only spent 10% of the stimulis so far idiot.

Most say he hasn't spent enough, but he's making sure the money isn't pissed away like Bush pissed money away.

It's official: the financial collapse caused by inadequate banking regulation have harmed America's economy worse than the 9/11 attacks did:
The Commerce Department said Friday that retail sales fell by 2.8 percent last month, surpassing the old mark of a 2.65 percent drop in November 2001 in the wake of the terrorist attacks that year.

Econopocalypse worse for economy than 9/11 - Boing Boing

We will be into Obama's second term and have 10% unemployment and it will still be Bush's fault according to booboo and jillian... LOL

Well the idea that it is Obama's fault is rediculous. You're acting like Obama didn't inherit Bush's mess. Your lie isn't any more true today than it was the first day Obama took office.

Now you can maybe make a case that Obama's plans aren't working, but you can't say the mess we are in is his fault. Oh, and you can make a case, but you would still be wrong/lying.

Please explain to us how unemployment ISN'T the GOP's fault when from 2000-2006 they:

Got hit on 9-11, which caused a recession.

The GOP gave tax breaks to companies going overseas.

Their tinkering and deregulations with wallstreet and the housing market caused the housing crash and stock market crash

Their tax breaks didn't create jobs

Tell us what new laws Pelosi & Reed got passed between 2007 and 2008 that created this mess.

I here you....

Dec 2006 unemployment was an atrocious 4.4%. Bush kept harping on education during his presidency and unemployment rate for in 2007 with some college was 3.6% and if you had at least a bachelor's degree then unemployment was 2.0%.

I agree with you that Pelosi and Reed ain't the brightest light-bulbs in the box. For two years they had the ability to stop the mess before it went out of control, and they did nothing.

Today marks the end of the Bush stock market. Jan 16th, 2008

He has presided over the evisceration of more than $4.6 trillion of U.S. stock market wealth as measured by the S&P 500.

Global Investing » Blog Archive » The end of the Bush stock market | Blogs |

as if the rest wont get spent by liberal maniacs unless otherwise stopped.

Most say he hasn't spent enough

most liberal maniac welfare recipients who sit on the corner wiht their thumb up their ass and their other hand out waiting for their master to come along and put something into it.

but he's making sure the money isn't pissed away like Bush pissed money away.
oh, good god, billions to acorn, taking over a car company, funding algea research as it relates to the asshole of an ameba, what the fuck! thats what you call not pissing money away?

good gawd you people are dumb.

most liberal maniac welfare recipients who sit on the corner wiht their thumb up their ass and their other hand out waiting for their master to come along and put something into it.

oh, good god, billions to acorn, taking over a car company, funding algea research as it relates to the asshole of an ameba, what the fuck! thats what you call not pissing money away?

Yea, America doesn't need anything, you're right.

Bridge collapse spotlights America's deferred maintenance | csmonitor.com

I-75 Bridge Collapse and Tanker Explosion, Road Closures | NowPublic News Coverage

We neglected infrastructure for 8 years.

How much longer would you put this shit off stupid?

And since we are in a recession, spending on this shit is a great idea. Its more stimulative than tax cuts.

I am sooo sick of repeating myself to fucking morons, but since you are all morons on the right, I must!!

You are not only greedy people but you are also really stupid.

1. Links please? If you are going to say stupid bullshit, link/prove it.

2. You would have let GM and Chrysler die? That's why you lost the election.

3. Acorn again. Shows your ignorance and how you are a right wing brainwashed partisan hack. Acorn schmaycorn.

An internal GOP memo prepared to brief some House Republicans as part of an ongoing probe into the Bank of America-Merrill Lynch deal takes direct aim at an unlikely target: Former President George W. Bush.

The memo that I read attacks the Federal Reserve policies and affordable housing policies which led to Fannie and Freddie problems.

The memo that I read attacks the Federal Reserve policies and affordable housing policies which led to Fannie and Freddie problems.

Yea, a very small piece of the housing collapse puzzle. And what caused all those freddy/fanny people to lose their homes? Did their jobs go overseas? Were they conned into a bullshit mortgage?

The idea that it was poor people who took this economy down is crazy. Hell, they took the entire world economy down? Come on!

1. Links please? If you are going to say stupid bullshit, link/prove it.
link to what, what the fuck do you want a link to?

2. You would have let GM and Chrysler die?
of good gawd yes i would, fuck them.

That's why you lost the election.
you brain dead morons cant get enough of saying "this or that is the reason for losing" dipshit, john mccain was the reason for losing.

3. Acorn again. Shows your ignorance and how you are a right wing brainwashed partisan hack. Acorn schmaycorn.
dumb fucker, your blind eye to billions being stolen from people to feed a corrupt organization under investigation by the fbi is proof of your political hackery

Stimulus bill funds ACORN despite its history of corruption | Washington Examiner

http://republicans.oversight.house.gov/media/pdfs/20090707HousingCrisisReport.pdf

Yea, a very small piece of the housing collapse puzzle. And what caused all those freddy/fanny people to lose their homes? Did their jobs go overseas? Were they conned into a bullshit mortgage?

The idea that it was poor people who took this economy down is crazy. Hell, they took the entire world economy down? Come on!

poor people didnt do it, acorn and their political allies in government did it

http://republicans.oversight.house.gov/media/pdfs/20090707HousingCrisisReport.pdf

grow a brain

is stupid?????

This guy gets out there every week and steps in it. What happens if he should somehow end up as President??? God help us all.

We will go bankrupt if we don't spend money??????? Now that's what I call REALLY stupid.:lol::lol::lol:

Then you obviously don't understand even basic accounting. The word "bankrupt" used by Biden, and in many other examples, is metaphoric. Do you think that a manufacturing company's operating equipment, inventory, and other indirect costs the company has INVESTED in are worth less than it's monthly profits on sales? Of course not. But in analyzing the company's net worth, it isn't that monthly profit figure that determines whether or not it is liquid. It is the sum total of all of its assets, INCLUDING accounts receivable (billed but not yet collected). A successful company constantly needs to INVEST a good portion of its profits. It can't sit there and just pocket the money or it indeed will go bankrupt.

Forum List

Back