'we have to spend money to keep from going bankrupt'

oh good fucking god, bush? obama owns this economy he spent more than bushy could have ever fucking hoped to spend. give it a rest, the song is as bad as listening to "born to be wild" for the upteenth bazillion time, it just doesnt compute.

Of course it doesn't compute, if you are clueless to begin with. Try educating yourself.
Try educating yourself dipshit. This economy belongs to Obama.

OF course it does, now. But he is not entirely to blame for the mess it's in. It's his job to try to fix it. Big difference.

Of course it doesn't compute, if you are clueless to begin with. Try educating yourself.

i expect you to do exactly what you are doing.

I will. My sole purpose is to educate people just like you. Hopefully at some point there will be a spark and you'll decide to read a wider variety of information upon which to base opinions.

education is not something that youre capable of, you have to have a brain to begin with and yours seems to have slipped out somewhere along the way.

Why do we get so caught up on arguing about whose economy this is?

My own personal opinion is that this began as a problem caused by the Federal government under Bush. (I try never to blame anything entirely on any President since they usually need Congress to give them a green light on their policies which makes Congress culpable as well.) I do think that the situation is being exasperated more than helped by the current policies taking place. Granted, only something like 10-25% of the money already approved has been spent so I could be wrong and only time will tell on that.

What I don't like is that so very little of the money already approved has been spent and we're already hearing that we need to approve another massive spending bill. If we are supposed to be patient and trust the current bill will do it's intended job given time and more of it's funds going out, then why do we need to suddenly have another bill approved for the same purpose? To me that sounds like the people in charge don't even believe that their bill is working and are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and approve more spending before their constituents raise holy hell.

What mess? You, Bush, McCain and Rush said that everything was fine. We tried but you guys obstructed. I think you did it on purpose. You love that wages are low and you love breaking unions. And the mess you caused allowed you to give your banker buddies trillions of dollars.

What caused the housing crash? Because most of the people looking for jobs and getting hired at my company came from the mortgage industry. The predatory lending and overvaluing houses and selling toxic assets to banks, which caused the bankers to need a bailout, all happened because of GOP policies.

Jobs have been going overseas long before Pelosi. People were worried about their jobs, even if they had them. And people who found new jobs found themselves making less. So no one is/was spending.

I could go on and on about why your reply is sooo wrong.

Tell me what bills Pelosi/Reed passed that caused unemployment to go up so much.

We were telling you guys since 2003 that GOP policies were going to cause a mess, but you didn't listen. That was 3 years into Bush's presidency. You didn't believe us. Now 6 months into Obama's presidency, you want to tell us his policies are going to cause doom? Got news for you. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Iraq has something to do with our problems too. The GOP shouldn't have lied us into that war. Can't take that back, can you?

You keep asking for what bills Pelosi and Reed passed to cause unemployment to skyrocket. I find it funny that you are not asking why did they do nothing? If you knew in 2003 the wreck was coming and did nothing in 2007 to slow it down, what does that say about democratic leadership?

Do you have a quote from me that said everything was fine or are you trying to put words in my mouth?

like all clowns, you give me a good chuckle.:lol:

What is it they should have done? In 2007, while the housing market began to slow, there was still no hair on fire warning of a pending collapse. NO ONE could predict what would happen one year later.

FRB: Testimony, Bernanke--The economic outlook--March 28, 2007
Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
The economic outlook
Before the Joint Economic Committee, U.S. Congress
March 28, 2007

Bobo said that his peeps knew since 2003 that GOP policies were a mess. If that is the case, that is four years for them to have figured out what to do to correct the mess once they got the power.

As has been pointed out, there were mulitple factors that led the the financial mess. None of which when viewed individually could be seen as a stumbling block to the economy. Together and viewed in hindsight, the factors are noticable.

I stated in a thread sometime ago that the cause of the mess is the result of GREED. Greed from those in power, greed from those wanting power, greed from corporations, greed from individuals.

You keep asking for what bills Pelosi and Reed passed to cause unemployment to skyrocket. I find it funny that you are not asking why did they do nothing? If you knew in 2003 the wreck was coming and did nothing in 2007 to slow it down, what does that say about democratic leadership?

Do you have a quote from me that said everything was fine or are you trying to put words in my mouth?

like all clowns, you give me a good chuckle.:lol:

What is it they should have done? In 2007, while the housing market began to slow, there was still no hair on fire warning of a pending collapse. NO ONE could predict what would happen one year later.

FRB: Testimony, Bernanke--The economic outlook--March 28, 2007
Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
The economic outlook
Before the Joint Economic Committee, U.S. Congress
March 28, 2007

Bobo said that his peeps knew since 2003 that GOP policies were a mess. If that is the case, that is four years for them to have figured out what to do to correct the mess once they got the power.

As has been pointed out, there were mulitple factors that led the the financial mess. None of which when viewed individually could be seen as a stumbling block to the economy. Together and viewed in hindsight, the factors are noticable.

I stated in a thread sometime ago that the cause of the mess is the result of GREED. Greed from those in power, greed from those wanting power, greed from corporations, greed from individuals.

Right, right, and right. If there is one good thing that has come from this economic disaster is it was a HUGE wakeup call to the ordinary citizen to change his/her own spending habits of wanting it all, right now, pay later. They (we) can equate our personal crises to those on the much larger scale.

Capt. Joe Biden, USS Titanic: "We have to keep taking on water to keep the ship afloat!"

Gen Joe Biden at Little Big Horn: "We need more Indians, lots more Indians so we can keep from getting scalped"

Forum List

Back