We have to make Trump a duck out of water come 2018, he is dangerous

No SS dose not make a ruling, the doctors do.

So naïve...

They send them to doctors, either medical or shrinks, you are the idiot.
Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security

and you are against this: (they are not deciding who is Mentally Ill)

Seeking tighter controls over firearm purchases, the Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

Do you see any mention of a doctors diagnosis?

I'm in my late 60s, and my daughter does my taxes, has for years.

the Arthritis in my hands is getting worse on a steady basis..

according to some pencil pusher, that would qualify me from not being allowed to own a firearm.

Only if you are mentally ill.

They send them to doctors, either medical or shrinks, you are the idiot.
Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security

Seeking tighter controls over firearm purchases, the Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

according to some pencil pusher, that would qualify me from not being allowed to own a firearm.

The only way to get SS is via Doctors assessment. What do you think anyone who walks into a SS office walks out with a check.
The only way to get SS is via Doctors assessment.

200.gif

I got SS by turning 65.

the majority of people do.

I am talking about SS disability and you know it.

The only way to get SS is via Doctors assessment. What do you think anyone who walks into a SS office walks out with a check.
The only way to get SS is via Doctors assessment.

200.gif

I got SS by turning 65.

the majority of people do.

I am talking about SS disability and you know it.
That's NOT what was in the EO, and YOU know it

I don't trust anyone who carries a gun, ok to keep it in your home.

This is the way you feel ok fine
I am someone who feels I can trust people that carry a gun into my home. not everyone of course but those I deem to not be a threat to my safety.
Really I doubt it, but due to their razor sharp gerrymandering and voter suppression you might be right.

Deflect much?

I was responding to the one eyed jew above. I treat everyone like they have a gun, but they all know no guns allowed in my home as I have a few relatives who have one.

You have the right to not allow guns into your home.There are many people that agree with you.

I would allow guns into my house only from people that I decide do not pose a risk to my safety.

I don't want people to fear for their safety When gun laws are passed.

Best advice I can think of to help alleviate your concerns and fears hmmm ok ill give it a shot* no pun intended haha
Yes I may not have any efffect on you

If gun laws are passed
. Will your free will change?I really don't think threre is a proposed gun law in the US
Right now that if passed will change your right to not allow guns in your home.

I used to hate guns I didn't want anymore laws ether. I felt fear of the consequences of gun laws too. My opinion changed over the time of about 1 month . I literally began the process by deciding to read articles that were the opposite of my current beliefs. For example one of my fears was Based on incidents of mass shootings that the involved any guns that were capabale of killing many people like ARs . I thought that these type of guns had to be outlawed:I thought my safety was at risk because of these types of guns and I really hoped for laws to ban them. I thought only then could my fear and concern for my safety be changed.i could go on and on talking about it and explaining why I was right to have these views. And I 100% felt legitmament fear about many proposed gun laws.

I forced myself despite thinking My opinion wouldn't change.I spent hours reading the articles arguing for all the laws I feared, I found people I knew that held opposite views and instead of having a debate I asked them to just explain why they thought gun laws aren't bad etc. I searched for all types of sources that disagreed with me.

1 month later after doing this and years later still. I support laws that uphold the 2nd amendment and are not laws of gun control.I feel so grateful to live in a country that has something like the 2nd amendment.

I'm not going to explain all my specific reasoning here and what exactly made me change.being a member here Id guess you have seen many different reasons.

You can still disagree with this whole response and I still would advise you to give it a try or another chance for consideration to hear out.

May not work for you but it did for me.I am glad I changed and I feel so much better now that I don't have those fears about gun laws like I did before.

If someone would've asked me 1 month prior I would've said no way my opinions are sticking on this with full conviction

I was wrong and my opinions were completely changed.

Even if you are thinking this response holds no weight or value or can't apply to you... or if you will say / think I've read everything and heard people on the other side out on gun law topics
And refuse to be open about changing your opinions..

Mayyybe someone else that agrees with your posts will see this and give it a try

And as an added disclaimer I am not writing this response and wanting your thoughts / opinions about what I wrote. Yeah might sound mean to you but I just don't have the interest to take time to debate gun laws like I used to before, respond if you went to but I'd rather just end my point here now and I'm not going to debate it with you even if you choose to respond

Okay thats a bad way to end a post meant to help not attack but had to say it.

so last thing
If it worked for someone like me. How can one reasonably or logically say that it cannot work for some other people.i am not the only human that this approach could help.for that to be true You would have to say that I am a 1 in a million miracle human that possesses something different than millions of people. That's crazy talk even if you deem my change as whatever negative judgement you like.you could call me every name in the book or make fun of me for this response, I wouldn't be surprised because I like you once felt just like your side feels. I've been where you are on this issue:

And still I was able to change .Others will change their views on this over time regardless of anything i said here. The possibility is there.I and others are living proof of this. And yes sometimes I feel inclined to write rants like this on boards, it makes me feel good so it serves me regardless of how it is taken.. and I genuinely feel that sometimes talking about my experience could if read by the right person actually help change individuals minds

Last edited:
and PTSD is what caused him to pull the trigger?
Yes. He wasn't a murder before he went to war. He came back unstable, didn't get the help he needed, and was allowed to keep his weapons.

No one is a murderer before they kill their first person.

Was he diagnosed with PTSD by a doctor, or is that your own opinion?

Unstable?

according to...?
According to himself and his doctors, yes. And I agree which is why I think Veteran services are vital. There needs to be programs in place to help them when they return with mental health, with education, with employment, with whatever they need. They put their lives on the line for us, we need to make sure they are safe at home.
For public safety, there need to be weapon restrictions as well.

What "weapon restrictions" do you suggest, Aries? For YOUR safety will you be taking away my concealed carry weapon? Do you not grasp that takes away MY safety?

The problem with gun control legislation for "public safety" is that liberals like you are never satisfied with taking away guns from unstable people...you're convinced that the only real solution is banning guns period. You'll never admit it in a debate but it's obvious that's the ultimate goal. Then you wonder why gun owners fight so hard to prevent you from getting your foot in the door of gun control? They know you!
Are you mentally ill? Are you dangerous?

Are you? What if you were denied guns, even though someone said they wanted to kill you?

You can't get a gun, you're too whackadoodle.

Well maybe that's just how it is.

Misery loves company.

They can't deny me guns, I've had them since forever. :banana:

PS:There's quite the flood of shallow (I won't say liberal) leftist shills here as of late. They try to dominate with numbers.

Little do they know, the numbers are way against them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back