We have a large military presence in Germany.

Nobody’s accepting anything, It's the job of the federal government to promote our interests around the world. Isolationism doesn't work, you people in Europe should know that better than anybody. I'm not going to attempt to explain to you our domestic issues because we are not talking about that here, and Europeans don't seem to understand our Constitution form of government .
Maybe, we need German bases here in the U.S. to keep Americans under control. :cool:

The American Military bases in Germany are not there to keep the people under control.

Nobody’s accepting anything, It's the job of the federal government to promote our interests around the world. Isolationism doesn't work, you people in Europe should know that better than anybody. I'm not going to attempt to explain to you our domestic issues because we are not talking about that here, and Europeans don't seem to understand our Constitution form of government .
Maybe, we need German bases here in the U.S. to keep Americans under control. :cool:

The American Military bases in Germany are not there to keep the people under control.

I know. But Baruch doesn´t.

well, you have german bases...but not military

bmw-spartanburg_1.jpg

BMW car producing plant in Spartanburg

Although, that was their original purpose. :cool:

Well there was a war going on, the Germans would have been here too if the Allies had lost.

The bases were put there as a buffer against Stalin and the Soviets. Germany was destroyed we fed the people and rebuilt Europe and ultimately brought down the Soviet empire people seem to forget these facts

Last edited:
Although, that was their original purpose. :cool:

Well there was a war going on, the Germans would have been here too if the Allies had lost.

The bases were put there as a buffer against Stalin and the Soviets. Germany was destroyed we fed the people and rebuilt Europe and untimely brought down the Soviet empire people seem to forget these facts

You are right, thats basically when the cold war started.

Keeping military posts in Japan and Germany is pretty much America's gift to over half the civilized world ... not that we ever receive much from the Western Europeans and Southeast Asians.

we sent you our poor and tired, our huddled masses who yearned to breathe free

and get amnesty

and then there is landstuhl.

New Topics

Forum List

Back