A Marine's take on DADT, I agree with it

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Repeal not OK with Marine - Letters to the Editor - Stripes

"Even if a Marine Corps policy is set demanding that “official” family readiness programs accept homosexuals into their ranks, many families will resort to “unofficial” gatherings of the wives, creating a very unhealthy rift. As a professional, if “don’t ask, don’t tell” is repealed, I will treat homosexual Marines with professionalism and fairness when it comes to promotions, awards, assignments, etc., but I have no intention of ever accepting or promoting their lifestyle choice. It is a perversion of nature, not accepted by mainstream America and a violation of God’s principles. Even California could not legalize homosexual marriage, and that state is as liberal as it gets."

That bolded emphasis of mine is next to impossible to accomplish without being called a homophobe, if we as leaders are impartial with respect to awards, promotions, assignments yet reject the homosexual lifestyle and refuse to accept it potential homosexual service members are going to cry homophobia and say the military isn't doing enough. I'm sorry but the military cannot force its members to accept the homosexual lifestyle nor can it make rejecting it an offense punishable under the UCMJ.

Nobody is forcing you to accept the homosexual lifestyle.....you are free to hate as you wish

A US Govt entity is not free to discriminate against its citizens

Nobody is forcing you to accept the homosexual lifestyle.....you are free to hate as you wish

Yes, actually it is. The military discriminates against criminals, the mentally ill, the unfit and many other categories that impinge on its mission. Gays should be no different, if the brass feels that way.

Yes, actually it is. The military discriminates against criminals, the mentally ill, the unfit and many other categories that impinge on its mission. Gays should be no different, if the brass feels that way.

that may be one of the stupidest statements i've ever read. :rofl:

i think he's jist afraid he'll be too attracted to the other guys in the shower.

pretend rabbi should stick to practicing "you want fries with that".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i think he's jist afraid he'll be too attracted to the other guys in the shower.

sexual deviates don't exist. Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard.

The combat Marines are comprised of alpha males.

A homo cannot biologically or mentally be an alpha male.

And thus, are unfit to be a Marine. :doubt:

Of course they are! Government discriminates against rapists and pedophiles because they are sexual perverts. So, if 98% of the public thinks an action is perversion, it's OK to discriminate against those that rape women and children, but if only 70% think another action is perverse, they are evil homophobes?

Repeal not OK with Marine - Letters to the Editor - Stripes

"Even if a Marine Corps policy is set demanding that “official” family readiness programs accept homosexuals into their ranks, many families will resort to “unofficial” gatherings of the wives, creating a very unhealthy rift. As a professional, if “don’t ask, don’t tell” is repealed, I will treat homosexual Marines with professionalism and fairness when it comes to promotions, awards, assignments, etc., but I have no intention of ever accepting or promoting their lifestyle choice. It is a perversion of nature, not accepted by mainstream America and a violation of God’s principles. Even California could not legalize homosexual marriage, and that state is as liberal as it gets."

That bolded emphasis of mine is next to impossible to accomplish without being called a homophobe, if we as leaders are impartial with respect to awards, promotions, assignments yet reject the homosexual lifestyle and refuse to accept it potential homosexual service members are going to cry homophobia and say the military isn't doing enough. I'm sorry but the military cannot force its members to accept the homosexual lifestyle nor can it make rejecting it an offense punishable under the UCMJ.
Why are you afraid of being called a homophobe?

sexual deviates don't exist. Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard.

:blahblah:

just giving the pretend rabbi the attention he craves from me. it's all good. :thup:

and where in my post did i say there are no sexual deviants. perhaps your reading comprehension needs fine tuning?

Last edited:

Of course they are! Government discriminates against rapists and pedophiles because they are sexual perverts. So, if 98% of the public thinks an action is perversion, it's OK to discriminate against those that rape women and children, but if only 70% think another action is perverse, they are evil homophobes?

Are you serious?

Rapists and pedophiles are criminals, homosexuals are not.

What the public thinks is not relevant to what civil rights a citizen is allowed to have. I don't get to vote on what rights you should be allowed to have

What many of you fail to understand is how the mind can affect you when in the heat AND danger of battle.
Whether the thinking is just or not is irrelevant. Me, personally? I have no issue with my wingman being a homosexual.
But all of you are being naive if you think that many out there, for good or for bad, dont think that homosexuals are different. Many do. It is slowly changing, but as of now, many still do.
This polkicy needs to be addressed from a reality situation not from a PC stance...
If a soldier has an issue with his wingman being a homosexual, he may be politically wrong, but it can create a dangerous situation for the two of them.
I do not see homosexuals as sexual deviants...I see them as people with different sexual preferences than I do.
But lets be real here....many srtill see them as different and until that is cleared up in society, it could be life threatening on the battlefield.

974-judge09-23-10.standalone.prod_affiliate.13.jpg

I wrote this post for another DADT thread:
Repealing 'Don't ask, Don't tell' would be tantamount to forcing all showers and bathroom, barracks rooms and tents to become co-ed. It's basically the same thing.

No one would demand that a man has the right to use the women's showers, or demand that a man has a right to share a women's barracks room. If a judge ordered it, the women in the service would revolt...not because they were bigoted against men...but because they want privacy from those who may see them as a possible sex partner.

Introduce an openly lesbian woman to that same situation and you introduce the exact same dynamic.

The gay men I have known were really no different from me...and that is my point exactly.

I'm a happily married man with a terrific monogamous sex life (tmi? ) but you put me in a shower with a group of hard bodied women, I couldn't help but be aroused and who could blame me.

No one could possibly argue that THAT situation would be tolerated, that those women's privacy wouldn't be violated if my presence was forced on them. And more importantly, no one would label them bigot for feeling that way!

What the opposition doesn't understand is that forcing openly gay men and women on our troops is forcing the exact same situation as the one I outlined above.​
http://www.usmessageboard.com/blogs...nassailable-logic-behind-supporting-dadt.html

Last edited:
How difficult would it to have different shower times for different orientations?

how difficult would it be not to give a shit?

you'd think there'd never been a serving gay in the history of the military.
Yep...if you were someone like Mo, Sunni, or Flailo...wouldn't you rather KNOW who is gay so you could avoid temptation?

How difficult would it to have different shower times for different orientations?

It is not about a soldier worrying about a homosexual attacking him for sexual reasons.
Socirety for many years painted homosexual men as "sissies".

Yes, such is wrong, but it is still the perception many have.

How willing will a soldier be , who is policitcally incorrect in his thinking, if he feels the man who has his back is a "sissy"?

Yes, his thinking is wrong, but it is still his thinking.

Stop being naive...it is an emotional thing. On the field we can not ask our soldiers to wipe out of their minds something that they believe...whether they are right or wrong.

how difficult would it be not to give a shit?

you'd think there'd never been a serving gay in the history of the military.

I'm in the "not giving a shit" crowd. The showering issue is so minute anyway. In the four short years I spent in the Air Force I was only "forced" to shower in a group during basic ... that includes 7 months of tech training, a six month stay in Iraq, and countless multi-day field exercises. And we all know how they let us take wicked long showers in basic and encourage socializing. It's not like you barely have enough to have time to wash your pits, balls, and ass while you are being shouted at to hurry the fuck up the whole time or anything ....

Last edited:
What many of you fail to understand is how the mind can affect you when in the heat AND danger of battle.
Whether the thinking is just or not is irrelevant. Me, personally? I have no issue with my wingman being a homosexual.
But all of you are being naive if you think that many out there, for good or for bad, dont think that homosexuals are different. Many do. It is slowly changing, but as of now, many still do.
This polkicy needs to be addressed from a reality situation not from a PC stance...
If a soldier has an issue with his wingman being a homosexual, he may be politically wrong, but it can create a dangerous situation for the two of them.
I do not see homosexuals as sexual deviants...I see them as people with different sexual preferences than I do.
But lets be real here....many srtill see them as different and until that is cleared up in society, it could be life threatening on the battlefield.

Attitudes change..

Many soldiers had the same feelings about blacks being their wingmen. Blacks were said to lack the inteligence and skills of whites. They were OK for menial labor but critical combat needed to be handled by whites. The Tuskegee airmen was a good example of changing attitudes to wingmen

In the late 70s it was attitudes towards women in uniform that changed. Women would break down and cry under stress, they lacked the physical strength. Women were best suited to be typists and nurses, leave the real jobs to the men

All it takes is a chance. The old... "I still don't trust blacks, but I served with so and so and he did a good job" Once gays openly serve, most soldiers will just say it is not such a big deal

Forum List

Back