Waterboarding Doesn't Work, Scientists Say

Scientists never said the Iran wasn't capable of producing an Atomic Bomb. Why do you think the right just makes stuff up? I thought their religion was supposed to keep them from lying.

Actually, in 1967, the US military commissioned three graduate student physicists to see if they could construct a nuclear weapon from what was in the public domain. They were able to create a working schematic. The problem was getting precision parts and refined nuclear material.

If anything, it's more difficult for Iran since they are fairly backward. The more conservative and religious a country, the less scientific and capable they are. Iran is what the religious right want to do in this country.

I believe I said Iraq..

Either way, the lack of refined nuclear grade material and precision parts means they were not ready to create a bomb.

But since Dick Cheney says they were...........I gotta go with Dick

that's your opinion, but i think dick cheney is a slimy toad who lies through his teeth

Wash your mouth out boy!

You are going to side with a bunch of pansy, trekkie scientists over the esteemed Vice President of the United States?

Don't they teach loving your country anymore boy???

Dick Cheney IS America
If Dick says waterboarding is not torture, it is just like God himself said it

I believe I said Iraq..

Either way, the lack of refined nuclear grade material and precision parts means they were not ready to create a bomb.

that's your opinion, but i think dick cheney is a slimy toad who lies through his teeth

Wash your mouth out boy!

You are going to side with a bunch of pansy, trekkie scientists over the esteemed Vice President of the United States?

Don't they teach loving your country anymore boy???

Dick Cheney IS America
If Dick says waterboarding is not torture, it is just like God himself said it

that is so ridiculous i'm going to have to assume you're joshing

i'm going to go with scientists, on all of them, iffy on the last one.

Scientists never said the Iran wasn't capable of producing an Atomic Bomb. Why do you think the right just makes stuff up? I thought their religion was supposed to keep them from lying.

Actually, in 1967, the US military commissioned three graduate student physicists to see if they could construct a nuclear weapon from what was in the public domain. They were able to create a working schematic. The problem was getting precision parts and refined nuclear material.

If anything, it's more difficult for Iran since they are fairly backward. The more conservative and religious a country, the less scientific and capable they are. Iran is what the religious right want to do in this country.

I believe I said Iraq..

You did. Sorry, my bad.

I believe I said Iraq..

I think all of you are missing the target. The issue isn't the scientific prowess of any particular Middle Eastern nation, it's the willingness of Russia to sell.

So true.

By Brandon Keim - Wired.com

Severe interrogation techniques like waterboarding, sleep deprivation, stress positions and the exploitation of phobias aren’t just morally reprehensible, they’re based on bad science, destroying the very memories they’re supposed to recover.

Waterboarding Doesn't Work, Scientists Say | Green Business | Reuters

i wasn't sure where to put this

Oh hell, just ask someone who knows....Sean Hannity. Oh, wait....:eusa_whistle:

"It has now been 1402 days, or three years and 10 months, since Sean Hannity said, on April 22, 2009, he'd undergo waterboarding to prove it's not torture - and do it to raise money for charity. Time to man up, Sean, to borrow one of you favorite phrases, and either fulfill your promise or explain why you haven't."

douchebag.jpg

By Brandon Keim - Wired.com

Severe interrogation techniques like waterboarding, sleep deprivation, stress positions and the exploitation of phobias aren’t just morally reprehensible, they’re based on bad science, destroying the very memories they’re supposed to recover.

Waterboarding Doesn't Work, Scientists Say | Green Business | Reuters

i wasn't sure where to put this

Oh hell, just ask someone who knows....Sean Hannity. Oh, wait....:eusa_whistle:
The Pussy-Watch is at....

sean-hannity.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that torture does not work is a friggin idiot. I have seen men break in less than 24 hours, and the torture was mild compared to what one could expect from a real enemy. The military lets you experience a tiny amount during escape and evasion training.

In the 70's the U.S. Navy expected its members to hold out for three days, and that is asking a lot from mortal men. They figured that any tactical information they had access to would no longer be valid after three days. The military knows, and anyone with a lick of common sense knows, that when the pain gets bad enough, the person will tell you everything he knows, and everything he thinks you want to hear.

Hunger, thirst, sleep deprivation, etc., can be exploited to weaken a person's resistance and cloud his/her judgement. A little discomfort, and fear begins to take over.

Haha. No shit. People will confess to anything when being tortured.

the-spanish-inquisition-demotivational-poster-1249429819.jpg

Even when it's obviously not true

Forget water boarding, let's just ask terrorists nicely if they will give us some information. Maybe then they will start liking us. :cuckoo:

Common sense tells you of course it works ! Liberals want to believe these so-called scientists. That's the problem.

Anyone who thinks that torture does not work is a friggin idiot. I have seen men break in less than 24 hours....

handjob.gif

Bullshit.

Swirlies don't count as torture....no matter what you were made to say, Skippy.

106.gif

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkeVauU0Qh4]Jesse Ventura Challenges Hannity to Waterboarding - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget water boarding, let's just ask terrorists nicely if they will give us some information. Maybe then they will start liking us. :cuckoo:

At least, that's how the pros got bin Laden for us.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ivoWW1-4U]The interrogator, Pt. 1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0iaNMRjkno]The interrogator, Pt. 2 - YouTube[/ame]​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkeVauU0Qh4]Jesse Ventura Challenges Hannity to Waterboarding - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQTO2S-bcbk]Jesse Ventura Wants to Waterboard Dick Cheney for One Hour - YouTube[/ame]​

Right. Getting back to my preceding point; if "waterboarding" can get someone to say that they disbelieve their religious faith, and instead believe another, that speaks very well of it's coercive potential, and very poorly of its potential to extract sincerity.

Common sense tells you of course it works!

Please!!!

What's Porky Limbaugh know about common-sense?
eusa_doh.gif

"Rush said that he though most people are incredibly gullible, and he felt that the key to radio programming was to reach that crowd, and that it would be really, really easy. He thought he could get anyone to believe anything he said, and the more outrageous it was, the more they would believe it."

LimbaughPig.jpg

Maybe if we are just nice to them we can get information.

Promise them that America is sorry for all our transgressions.
Tell them that the Democrats are now in charge and they will clean it up.
Democrats under Obama's special vision will make this country a place where terrorists would feel at home and not threatened.

Maybe if we are just nice to them we can get information.

Promise them that America is sorry for all our transgressions.
Tell them that the Democrats are now in charge and they will clean it up.
Democrats under Obama's special vision will make this country a place where terrorists would feel at home and not threatened.

Yeah.....just ask bin Laden!

tgf-166_528_poster.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back