Watching the Inauguration Ball, I give it to Americans, you know how to party the right way...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Such a lengthy party and fun procedure. First dance of the President and First Lady, music, dancing, kind words to the Almighty, the works.

In Canada it's a quick speech, a few rabid supporters cheering and we pass him a crown and say, "now you can do whatever you want!" Take it from me they can and they do.

Ahhh American democracy. We yearn for this...:dance:

Constitutional Republic.

Some neighbors here are celebrating with a party and fireworks.
Such a lengthy party and fun procedure. First dance of the President and First Lady, music, dancing, kind words to the Almighty, the works.

In Canada it's a quick speech, a few rabid supporters cheering and we pass him a crown and say, "now you can do whatever you want!" Take it from me they can and they do.

Constitutional Republic.

Wow, that's great. Yeah I heard that term Constitutional Republic over a year ago when I really started to get interested in the election down south for the first time. We had some promises of election reform here in Canada but it is not going to pass. We have Constitutional Monarchy, which really means "we wrote some words on paper, but they have no value because we have a hierarchy which supersedes your personal rights".

If only all sides in the U.S could unite, this could really be a magnificent run for the U.S. Lord knows we need it. As with Reagan in the 1980's, a strong, "individual" minded president influences our politics too, which gave us Mulroney. One of our great Prime Ministers, who happened to get along well with Reagan and tried to emulate him in his own way.

My hope is that at least a portion of the 3rd of the nation that are young and progressive will eventually see the light here.
Sorry to hear about the failure of your reforms there. If this goes the way we hope here, maybe things will eventually change for you there.
Constitutional Republic.

Wow, that's great. Yeah I heard that term Constitutional Republic over a year ago when I really started to get interested in the election down south for the first time. We had some promises of election reform here in Canada but it is not going to pass. We have Constitutional Monarchy, which really means "we wrote some words on paper, but they have no value because we have a hierarchy which supersedes your personal rights".

If only all sides in the U.S could unite, this could really be a magnificent run for the U.S. Lord knows we need it. As with Reagan in the 1980's, a strong, "individual" minded president influences our politics too, which gave us Mulroney. One of our great Prime Ministers, who happened to get along well with Reagan and tried to emulate him in his own way.

Pence looked so thrilled to come out and dance! His wife is beautiful, that blue dress is just stunning on her. Not too keen on Melania's personally, was a bit... strange the way that fringe went all the way down the front, should have stopped at the waist in a nice point or something I think. OMG the kids all looked so in love ~giggles~ Lovely.

Should have seen Obama's.

And who was that singing for Trump? A Sinatra impersonator? And Sinatra was a Democrat.

And when they started to do "My Way", I fell over laughing.

The lyrics.

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

Trump chose the wrong song for his first presidential dance with Melania

Forum List

Back