Wasserman-Schultz: My Aides on Brink of Starvation

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Wasserman-Schultz: My Aides on Brink of Starvation | Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz | Fox Nation
Speaking at a hearing of the House Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee, Wasserman Schultz worried that prices of meals in House restaurants are getting so high that aides are being "priced out" of a good meal.

At the carry-out cafe in the Cannon Office Building, where Wasserman Schultz has her office, you can get an 8oz bowl of Ham and Bean soup for $2. You can buy gourmet sandwiches and wraps for around $5. Both of these are cheaper than I can get at delis down the street from my house.

Hey why cant they bring their lunch like EVERYONE else.

Wasserman-Schultz: My Aides on Brink of Starvation | Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz | Fox Nation
Speaking at a hearing of the House Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee, Wasserman Schultz worried that prices of meals in House restaurants are getting so high that aides are being "priced out" of a good meal.

At the carry-out cafe in the Cannon Office Building, where Wasserman Schultz has her office, you can get an 8oz bowl of Ham and Bean soup for $2. You can buy gourmet sandwiches and wraps for around $5. Both of these are cheaper than I can get at delis down the street from my house.

Because they do believe they are entitled to a Free Lunch.

Just think.. This is the chair of the Democratic party. :eek:

Just think.. This is the chair of the Democratic party. :eek:

They truly believe they're above the common man. Throw them all out!

Good, since I'm sure she's one of those who say people in this country are too friggin fat.
Good,let some people in government get a little "skin" in the game as Uncle Joe Biden likes to say.

Joe Scarborough on MSNBC was laughing at all the dire predictions the lefties were making just before it kicked in.All these predictions of such magnitude over such a small cut in the budget.

What a joke.

Debbie:

If you think your aides don't have enough money to buy a meal in the House office building, may I suggest you pay them more out of YOUR millions?

ps: I still think you're the hottest woman on capitol hill!

Debbie:

If you think your aides don't have enough money to buy a meal in the House office building, may I suggest you pay them more out of YOUR millions?

ps: I still think you're the hottest woman on capitol hill!

:clap2:
all except the hottest woman on capital hill...lol

Because they are more entitled than the rest of us working stiffs. And, besides, being they are liberal aides, they don't have the intelligence to come up with solutions like that. They immediately cry that they are entitled.

I stopped for lunch at a restaurant yesterday and they had the radio on. The talk show host suggested that we should set up a program for the aides, like the ones where people sponsor children in third world countries. You pledge money and you'll receive a picture and background info of the poor Wasserman aide you are sponsoring. You'll get updates and pictures of the food you helped buy. Not sure where you could sign up, but I expect the commercials should start soon so we can step up and feed these people. :razz:

Anyone know what the aides get paid? Shouldn't Wasserman provide meals for her workers or does she prefer to shift all responsibilities for all expenses to the tax payers. It's okay that we pack cold sandwiches for lunches so we are better able to purchase hot meals for government employees.

Last edited:
I know liberals. Expecting them to cook for themselves, especially if one is a woman, is an act of oppression. Eating out should be a women's rights issue!

another take on all of it
links in article at site

Sequester Hysteria, Part Duex: Starving Congressional Staffers, Democrat Budget and Other Nonsense

SNIP:
Posted by anthonybsanders

The US Senate passed the Patty Murray (former pre-school teacher, now Chair of Senate Budget Committee) budget by a razor thin majority of 50-49. Her budget calls for $1 trillion in ADDITIONAL taxes over the next 10 years and an increase in Federal debt of $7.3 trillion. Needless to say, the Murray budget never balances. No wonder parents don’t want her teaching personal finance to their children!

The House of Representative have passed the Ryan budget which actually DOES balance the budget over ten years by a vote of 221-207.

Needless to say, it took the Senate 4 years to pass a budget and they have no interest in the House budget. Checkmate.

But if the Democrat spendathon budget isn’t bad enough, the Democrats are still screaming about the horrors of slowing Federal spending slightly (better known the sequester). Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) is now claiming that Congressional staffers will STARVE because of the sequester slowdown.

Starving? Her own Hill staff earn between $60,000 and $160,000 per year. They can’t figure out how to pack a lunch or buy a sandwich for $5 in the House cafeteria? Like in the movie Scary Movie 3 (a parody of the film “Signs”), Charlie Sheen’s character says about the space aliens: “They mastered space flight but they can’t get through a wooden door?”

With such a small slowdown in government spending, Congressional staffers can’t figure out how to bring a lunch to work?

And now the Federal Aviation Administration on Friday told 149 regional airports across the country it would begin closing their air traffic control towers. Once again, with a massively bloated Federal budget, they can’t figure out how to allocate resources?

all of it here
Sequester Hysteria, Part Duex: Starving Congressional Staffers, Democrat Budget and Other Nonsense | Confounded Interest

Arent most aides interns who barely get paid?

Hey, Democrats may talk a good social justice game.......but the wealthy ones pay their employees just like a weatlhy Republican would: Not shit.

Hey, Democrats may talk a good social justice game.......but the wealthy ones pay their employees just like a weatlhy Republican would: Not shit.

well they are free to find other work

From the link:

Wasserman Schultz's top aide earns around $160k a year. She pays two additional aides around $120k a year. She has five additional aides who earn between $60-100k a year...

Doesn't strike me as "barely paid..."

Last edited:

Because they are more entitled than the rest of us working stiffs. And, besides, being they are liberal aides, they don't have the intelligence to come up with solutions like that. They immediately cry that they are entitled.

I stopped for lunch at a restaurant yesterday and they had the radio on. The talk show host suggested that we should set up a program for the aides, like the ones where people sponsor children in third world countries. You pledge money and you'll receive a picture and background info of the poor Wasserman aide you are sponsoring. You'll get updates and pictures of the food you helped buy. Not sure where you could sign up, but I expect the commercials should start soon so we can step up and feed these people. :razz:

Anyone know what the aides get paid? Shouldn't Wasserman provide meals for her workers or does she prefer to shift all responsibilities for all expenses to the tax payers. It's okay that we pack cold sandwiches for lunches so we are better able to purchase hot meals for government employees.

Staffers get between $60,000 - $110,000 a year.

Another person on the hill that doesn't freaking get it. sorry but this woman is stupid beyond belief. $5 bucks for a sandwich, $2 for a bowl of soup? That is reasonable, grow up sit down and shut up!

Forum List

Back