Washington Redskins bullshit again

Just another example of the PC Police imposing their will on everyone, using threats and intimidation to force capitulation and submission. Control, control, control.

It's how they roll.

Your insecurity is being exposed. You HIDE behind "PC" when you can't admit that you REALLY just want to continue to impose what YOU believe. Talk about "control" and just wanting native Americans to take a position of "submission"

Man are you blind.

BTW, how long have these so called "PC police" been around?

Whiney maggot.
Everybody in this country has a heritage that was fucked by somebody. That's why we're here. You've got internet access so it can't be that bad. You didn't get that from Geronimo.

True. I thank Al Gore for the Internet.
AKA Shitting Bull.

You board racist don't offend me. Hell, I've even been called a red-skinned ****** on this board. You just further prove that the teabaggers and rightwing base are a bunch of ignorant racists. I just chuckle and consider the source.

If there so offended then why do so many highschools on Reservations take the name Redskins?

So many? Name them?

Well heres a map

mapredskins.png

62 highshcools

12 are located on reservations with over 99% Native American population.

What is it with you people that when trying to make a point you feel the need to lie?????

Of course, you didn't post the link for the map because you lied.

The Other Redskins

Yet not all Native Americans oppose the term Redskins. Capital News Service identified three majority Native American high schools that use it proudly, including Red Mesa High School in Arizona.

“Being from Native American culture, [the term] is not derogatory,” said Tommie Yazzie, superintendent of the school district that oversees Red Mesa High School. He identified himself as a “full-blooded Navajo.”

Red Mesa High School is located on a Navajo reservation, and 99.3 percent of its students are Native American, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.

Yazzie said people on his reservation care about more pressing things than the use of the name Redskins.

“Education, public health ‒ those are the things we’re more concerned about, rather than whether a team name is appropriate,” he said.

Though he said it was acceptable for schools with majority Native American populations to use the name Redskins, he believes that non‐Native American schools should avoid using it.

“If you were to put this in an urban area where the population is basically white, unless there is a cultural connection, it would be inappropriate,” he said.

He was also troubled by the use of Native American war chants and gestures during sporting events, something that is common at other schools with Native American mascots.

“We don’t use those gestures and traditions. As Navajos we have respect for warfare. Warfare means taking a life. And when a young warrior goes out to battle, [the gestures and war chants] belong there,” he said. “When you come back into civilian life, you don’t take that back with you. You don’t use the same type of gestures and hollering and bring that back into a sporting event.”

THIS IS WHAT I HATE ABOUT THE RIGHT. YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT? YOU WANT TO CONVINCE ME?

FINE.

DON'T FUCKING LIE. IT MAKES ALL OF YOU ILLEGITIMATE

Duh MFL is a Non-Profit Organization. If they have to choose between Tradition and Low Taxes, I can GUARANTEE you they will change their Logo.

Just another example of the PC Police imposing their will on everyone, using threats and intimidation to force capitulation and submission. Control, control, control.

It's how they roll.

Your insecurity is being exposed. You HIDE behind "PC" when you can't admit that you REALLY just want to continue to impose what YOU believe. Talk about "control" and just wanting native Americans to take a position of "submission"

Man are you blind.

I have far more faith in Native Americans and other Certified Victim Groups (CVGs) than you do. They don't need your help. They're plenty strong and capable without your mothering.

You use threats, intimidation, punishment and "consequences" for those with whom you don't agree. I don't. You want to change behaviors. I want to discuss them in the open without threats, intimidation and punishment. So your attempt at deflection fails.

How long have the PC Police been around? Hmm, good question. Maybe 30, 35 years in their present, narcissistic, dishonest form. Just a wild guess there.

It's how they roll.

Man are you blind.

I have far more faith in Native Americans and other Certified Victim Groups (CVGs) than you do. They don't need your help. They're plenty strong and capable without your mothering.

You use threats, intimidation, punishment and "consequences" for those with whom you don't agree. I don't. You want to change behaviors. I want to discuss them in the open without threats, intimidation and punishment. So your attempt at deflection fails.

How long have the PC Police been around? Hmm, good question. Maybe 30, 35 years in their present, narcissistic, dishonest form. Just a wild guess there.

you have "faith in Native Americans"...REALLY? Then why did you agree with the OP?

K4rcEdU.jpg

THESE are the people who Mate27 called "assholes" and "injuns"

You have "faith in Native Americans" just as long as they keep quite and don't try to stop an NFL team owned by a REAL "asshole" from using a name that Native Americans object to and find offensive and derogatory.

It's how they roll.

How "they" roll? Hey Mac, how do "threats and intimidation to force capitulation and submission" manifest in "they"?

The only "they" I care about on this issue is native Americans.

I respect native Americans and their honorable legacy. I support their right to protest and work to change names of teams that "THEY" find offensive, derogatory and demeaning.

The only words on this thread that have a strong whiff of "threats and intimidation" are words like: assholes, injuns, losers, a lowlife people, Shitting Bull, fire water, scalped, and
bitch and moan.

NONE of those words came from the people you accuse of wanting to "Control, control, control"

PicPaste - 041614-nfl-change-the-mascot2-pi-mp_vadapt_955_medium_0-W7io01VV.jpg

These assholes protesting need new signs lol

I have no obligation, or duty to a bunch of injuns in Oklahoma who still bitch and moan about everybody here and everything we do.

North America has no natives, Humans are not native to North America.. the "Native Americans" are actually Asian, then it became a European settlement, now its independent..
The retarded injuns in Oklahoma can go fuck themselves.

I'll go back to Europe, as soon as they go the fuck back to Asia.
Im not going anywhere, and if they don't like, tough shit.. they can go fuck themselves.

Our constitution says that we have the freedom of speech and of the press, and the freedom to organize..
It don't say.. so long as some Mohican in Oklahoma fails to be offended.

thank you.

Here's an idea. Have the NFL refuse to telecast their games anywhere. I guarantee you the racist owner will be changing his war chants quick enough.

Both the NFL and the networks are involved in telecasting of games.

If the NFL/networks did refuse to show their games, the boycotts of the NFL/Networks would begin. And not just by viewers. Sponsors would probably join in. It would blow up in the NFL/Networks' faces.

Last edited:
PicPaste - 041614-nfl-change-the-mascot2-pi-mp_vadapt_955_medium_0-W7io01VV.jpg

These assholes protesting need new signs lol

I have no obligation, or duty to a bunch of injuns in Oklahoma who still bitch and moan about everybody here and everything we do.

North America has no natives, Humans are not native to North America.. the "Native Americans" are actually Asian, then it became a European settlement, now its independent..
The retarded injuns in Oklahoma can go fuck themselves.

I'll go back to Europe, as soon as they go the fuck back to Asia.
Im not going anywhere, and if they don't like, tough shit.. they can go fuck themselves.

Our constitution says that we have the freedom of speech and of the press, and the freedom to organize..
It don't say.. so long as some Mohican in Oklahoma fails to be offended.

thank you.

Here's an idea. Have the NFL refuse to telecast their games anywhere. I guarantee you the racist owner will be changing his war chants quick enough.

Both the NFL and the networks are involved in telecasting of games.

If the NFL/networks did refuse to show their games, the boycotts of the NFL/Networks would begin. And not just by viewers. Sponsors would probably join in. It would blow up in the NFL/Networks' faces.

True. The name will eventually change.

I'm just curious what other sports teams should change their names because someone might be offended?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers they could be supporting piracy.
Washington Wizards supporting black magic.
Kansas City Royals well Royals that could be supporting income inequality.
San Francisco Giants prejudice against short people.

Anyone else have one they would like to add?

snyder630.jpg

6 Dumb Things Dan Snyder Has Said About the Name of His Football Team

A year ago, I explained Mother Jones' decision to stop using the name of Washington, DC's pro football team, both online and in print. We joined Slate and The New Republic in doing so, and since then, a number of other news organizations and journalists have followed suit.

Even as more people have spoken out against the team's derogatory moniker—everyone from President Obama to Gene Simmons—owner Dan Snyder hasn't given an inch, repeatedly arguing that it's simply not offensive. This week he even went on a mini media tour, giving radio and TV interviews as NFL training camps kicked into gear.

In the meantime, Snyder has doubled down on his commitment to keeping the R-word. Here's a list of some of the dumbest things he's said about it in the last year (as well as some additional reading, for context):

More: 6 Dumb Things Dan Snyder Has Said About the Name of His Football Team | Mother Jones

Wow, Snyder is really loony. The boycott will continue to grow.

The only ones who care about this are native activists and white liberals.

The rest of us say fuuuuuuuuuck yooooooou !

Forum List

Back