Washington Post: Cowboy-style cap gun gets 5-year-old suspended from school

What exactly am I supposed to be upset about here? That a kid took a toy gun into a gun free zone?

Didn't read the story, did you? The gun was not on school property, he got in trouble for showing it to a friend at the bus stop.

Want to tell me again about how smart you are, and how reasonable it is to question a five year old outside the presence of his parents?

What exactly am I supposed to be upset about here? That a kid took a toy gun into a gun free zone?

Yo, balls. it was a toy. gun free applies to real guns. As I said earlier, we have lost all forms of common sense and logical thinking in this country. We have become PC idiots.

Schools should have someone in the school that is a gun expert. When a kid brings a gun to school the expert can decide if its real, play or whatever. If a real gun they can check it to make sure it is not loaded or if loaded one is not in the chamber. If loaded the expert can remove the bullets and make the gun safe. Seems simple enough, course even with those precautions some kid will bring a gun and blow a classmate to smithereens. Probably more pants wetting then.

Schools should have someone in the school with half a brain.

Each and every school in this nation is its own enclave of egotistical, manipulative, power-hungry individuals with whom we entrust our progeny.

Look at the organizational chart... who's at the top?

YOU, the voter. It is YOUR responsibility to go to school board meetings, to know the administration staff and faculty, and to VOTE for a school board with the BRAINS to bring reason and reality to our classrooms.

school.gif

How many children will be blown to smithereens this year by other children with real guns that someone might have thought was a play gun or left out and a child gets it? But it seems that we can afford to lose some of our little dumplings if we can keep guns? As one person said it's a trade-off.

I wonder how long this kid will carry around this embarrassment?
And our Liberal elite... are they proud that they used a child to strike back at the NRA!
The school board has been adamant. I found this update:

June 14, 2013
Calvert Officials Decline to Clear Record of 5-year-old child with cap gun onto school bus - Washington Post <- (link)
Calvert County school officials on Friday denied a request to clear the school record of a 5-year-old boy who was suspended for bringing a cowboy-style cap gun onto a school bus last month.
The kindergartner, who tucked the orange-tipped toy gun inside his backpack so that he could show it to a friend, was suspended May 29 for 10 days. After a disciplinary conference that scaled back his punishment to three days, he returned to Dowell Elementary School in Lusby. A request to remove the offense from his record was considered separately.
That request was turned down in a letter dated Friday on grounds that the child “did bring a cap gun in his book bag” and that an investigation showed that some students were afraid and did not know if the gun was fake or real. The Washington Post generally does not identify juveniles accused of wrongdoing.

Forum List

Back