Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
So you've just given up arguing? Nonsense reply is nonsense.

What's to argue? We tortured someone into giving up the information that led to us killing a bastard that needed killing. If that hurts your delicate sensibilities, too bad.

It doesn't hurt my sensibilities; it hurts my pride as an American.

it hurt my pride when 3000 of my fellow Americans were killed by those scumbags. It hurts my pride every time one of my brothers or sisters is killed in action.

I don't give a fuck that your pride is hurt that we did what we had to do to get Bin Laden.

What's to argue? We tortured someone into giving up the information that led to us killing a bastard that needed killing. If that hurts your delicate sensibilities, too bad.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

:gives:

Get over it.........It's a non-torturous method that works. Bin Laden is now crab bait, and the US just issued alerts to all major railroads and rail lines across the country and europe because of info gleened off computers grabbed in the raid.......So, not only did Waterboarding help in eventually finding that bastard, it now appears it is helping to identify planned plots.

GOOD WORK, CIA!

Have you written a nasty letter to Obama yet? Please post it when you do. Just the fact that Obama used intelligence obtained using torture to kill OBL makes my blood boil.

i wrote a lot of emails to obama, but now they have my email addresss blocked

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

:gives:

Get over it.........It's a non-torturous method that works. Bin Laden is now crab bait, and the US just issued alerts to all major railroads and rail lines across the country and europe because of info gleened off computers grabbed in the raid.......So, not only did Waterboarding help in eventually finding that bastard, it now appears it is helping to identify planned plots.

GOOD WORK, CIA!
yea, they were searching bags and vehicles like mad in the city today. obama was in town

no, it hurts your pride as an individual. I'm a american too and it doesn't bother me in the least.

The sister of a Sept. 11 victim said President Obama on Thursday turned down her request to advise Attorney General Eric Holder to drop his probe of CIA agents whose interrogation methods may have provided information leading to the raid on Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden.

Read more: Obama Rejects Plea From Sister of 9/11 Victim to End to CIA Probe - FoxNews.com

So Obama uses the intel to get Obama, get's a bump in his approval ratings yet still wants to go after the CIA agents that were doing their job. :cuckoo:

I still wouldn't care if I was horribly disfigured by a terrorist; what makes us different from them is that we are not willing to bend our moral codes JUST so that we can win... I guess conservatives can't even grasp the concept of having ethics though.

Nothing in my moral code says you can't torture viscous animals who murdered 3000 people and caused them to suffer horribly in the process. Torture is fit punishment for them.

So you are for torturing Bush?

I still wouldn't care if I was horribly disfigured by a terrorist; what makes us different from them is that we are not willing to bend our moral codes JUST so that we can win... I guess conservatives can't even grasp the concept of having ethics though.

Nothing in my moral code says you can't torture viscous animals who murdered 3000 people and caused them to suffer horribly in the process. Torture is fit punishment for them.

I'm for torturing anyone who thinks Bush is a vicious animal.

Idiot.

Nobody was tortured, so what's your fucking point?:cuckoo:

Absolutely. Without it we most likely would not have gotten to Bin Laden.

And I have no problem with waterboarding. Do what it takes to win. Extreme times sometimes call for extreme measures. Besides, waterboarding is not torture.

I voted no.

The main reason I was glad OBL was killed is because it showed up GWB for the wuss he is. BHO has balls and I thought so when he ran - and he is much more presidential than 99% of the people that apply for the job. So I was glad he did something so obviously in the interests of this country, since that's the job description. And he showed up GWB too, which is good in my book.

But OBL was not a particular threat, he was a hack, and torturing people in order to kill this dangerous hack who got lucky once (but struck out most of the time) does more damage to us than anything else.

Did he 'deserve to die'? As much as anyone maybe but I don't know that anyone ever 'deserves to die' ... though it's safe to say we're safer without him.

I voted no.

The main reason I was glad OBL was killed is because it showed up GWB for the wuss he is. BHO has balls and I thought so when he ran - and he is much more presidential than 99% of the people that apply for the job. So I was glad he did something so obviously in the interests of this country, since that's the job description. And he showed up GWB too, which is good in my book.

But OBL was not a particular threat, he was a hack, and torturing people in order to kill this dangerous hack who got lucky once (but struck out most of the time) does more damage to us than anything else.

Did he 'deserve to die'? As much as anyone maybe but I don't know that anyone ever 'deserves to die' ... though it's safe to say we're safer without him.

uhm, it's only because bush wasn't a wuss and that obama had the oportunity to say yes, take him out

I voted no.

LMAO!

Yeah, too bad for Obama, this will not erase his absolute destruction of this country financially.

Christ, he's about to watch his third large voting bloc of high school and college students graduate next month, and there are no jobs.......By election time, he'll have seen his fourth huge voting bloc graduate, and there will be no jobs...Four huge voting blocs will have graduated under his watch, and not one of them saw jobs.....You think they're going to support his inept ass, just because Bin Laden got pinged on his watch?

Bush was a wuss?........His policies kept your ass safe after 9/11. And it's his policies for the most part who got Bin Laden.

Face it, Bush, Obama, SEALS, and the CIA got Bin Laden.

Last edited:
I voted no.

Great another partisan dipshit.

Hey if you think Obama destroyed this country then you're a partisan dipshit too.

I voted no.

LMAO!

Yeah, too bad for Obama, this will not erase his absolute destruction of this country financially.

Christ, he's about to watch his third large voting bloc of high school and college students graduate next month, and there are no jobs.......By election time, he'll have seen his fourth huge voting bloc graduate, and there will be no jobs...Four huge voting blocs will have graduated under his watch, and not one of them saw jobs.....You think they're going to support his inept ass, just because Bin Laden got pinged on his watch?

Bush was a wuss?........His policies kept your ass safe after 9/11. And it's his policies for the most part who got Bin Laden.

Face it, Bush, Obama, SEALS, and the CIA got Bin Laden.

yeah, I agree actually it was all of them working together. But Bush was a fucking menace to this country and we're living in the shit he created.

Look at ANY economic downturn of any real size and it takes years to get out of, so what the hell were you expecting when Obama came in?

Here's what happened to jobless claims (Bush is red, Obama is blue). Anything above zero is jobs created.:

benen_chart.jpg

Forum List

Back