Was John Wilkes Booth right to shoot Lincoln?

Do some research about its intent.
Thete's nothing to research. The clause is quite clear...

No state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation

No state shall, without the Consent of Congress .... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State

The south could not form their own confederacy without violating Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution.

The north could have sought legal redress; though given the circumstances where the south abandoned the constraints of the Constitution, would have no doubt been fruitless. But then the south, as heartless and stupid as they were, gave Lincoln a military option when the Confederacy declared war by firing upon U.S. military inside a U.S. fort.
Goddamnit
Here is something to think about; why would the founders secede form totalitarianism to start anther country where you didn't have that freedom?
Contracts Clause - constitution | Laws.com
The U.S. was not a form of totalitarianism when the south tried to secede. Your agrument crumbles yet again.
SMH
Shakes the idiot who actually said Article I, Section 10, of the U.S. Constitution was added after the Civil War. :eusa_doh:

Twice! :ack-1:
I corrected my mistake. Be real

No state shall, without the Consent of Congress .... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State

The south could not form their own confederacy without violating Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution.

The north could have sought legal redress; though given the circumstances where the south abandoned the constraints of the Constitution, would have no doubt been fruitless. But then the south, as heartless and stupid as they were, gave Lincoln a military option when the Confederacy declared war by firing upon U.S. military inside a U.S. fort.
Goddamnit
Here is something to think about; why would the founders secede form totalitarianism to start anther country where you didn't have that freedom?
The U.S. was not a form of totalitarianism when the south tried to secede. Your agrument crumbles yet again.
SMH
Shakes the idiot who actually said Article I, Section 10, of the U.S. Constitution was added after the Civil War. :eusa_doh:

I am being real. That unbelievable gaffe only leads you into others, like ignoring...

Goddamnit
SMH

I am being real. That unbelievable gaffe only leads you into others, like ignoring...

OK ignore the actual intent. Whatever. I cant help you anymore. Be willfully ignorant. I don't give a fuck.

SMH

OK ignore the actual intent. Whatever. I cant help you anymore. Be willfully ignorant. I don't give a fuck.
You're completely demented. I am ignoring nothing. The contract clause deals with more than just contracts between individuals or individuals and states.

James Madison even wrote that the part I am highlighting, No state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation, needed no explanation.

It's so fucking obvious in what it means, it doesn't need to be explained, according to the person who wrote it.

Let it sink in .....

... and see if you can figure out how that means states can enter into their own confederation with each other. :cuckoo:

You're completely demented. I am ignoring nothing. The contract clause deals with more than just contracts between individuals or individuals and states.

James Madison even wrote that the part I am highlighting, No state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation, needed no explanation.

It's so fucking obvious in what it means, it doesn't need to be explained, according to the person who wrote it.

Let it sink in .....

... and see if you can figure out how that means states can enter into their own confederation with each other. :cuckoo:
You should have also highlighted "Confederation"....Confederacy

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

This just goes to show how retarded secessionist apologetics are.

Dumbfuck... additions to the original Constitution come in the form of amendments. Do I need to also teach you what amendment means? The contract clause is part of the original Constitution, Article I, section 10.

Here, see it for yourself...

slurp_file.php
You are right. I was getting it confused with something else.. sorry. It wasn't interpreted until 1867. In fact, I believe the founders clarified that into dealing with private transactions and such. Not secession.
Your consession is noted, but it was never intended to be limited to private transactions. Note....

• No state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation

• [No State shall] ... coin Money;

• [No State shall] ... [pass any] ... Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts

• No State shall, without the Consent of Congress .... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State
Do some research about its intent.

Goddamnit

To secede from a country in which they had no political representation or participation.

They started a country which guaranteed political representation and participation- which the Confederate States enjoyed- they didn't put in any guarantees of the right to secede to protect the institution of slavery.

Let it sink in .....

There are those who will always insist on defending those who fought for their own country that guaranteed the right to own slaves.

[

Hey einstein. Once a state leaves the union, the constitution no longer applies to it anyway. Why can't you understand that?

[

Hey einstein. Once a state leaves the union, the constitution no longer applies to it anyway. Why can't you understand that?
Why cant you understand they werent allowed to leave the union dummy?

There are those who will always insist on defending those who fought for their own country that guaranteed the right to own slaves.

How many times must the board explain this? The Union had 4 slave states of it's own. Both sides supported and practiced slavery throughout the war!! THINK

Forum List

Back