Was John Wilkes Booth right to shoot Lincoln?

"that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed."
How was it illegal and unconstitutional? Hopefully you dont say the same thing as yesterday :thup:
Article. I.

Section. 10.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

That was made AFTER the civil war :thup:
Ok, this might just be the dumbest comment yet in this thread. :eusa_doh:

Yo, dumbfuck.... that's from the U.S. Constitution ... ratified by the states long before the Civil war.

1233796371590.gif
The contract clause was written in 1867, dumbfuck
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

This just goes to show how retarded secessionist apologetics are.

Dumbfuck... additions to the original Constitution come in the form of amendments. Do I need to also teach you what amendment means? The contract clause is part of the original Constitution, Article I, section 10.

Here, see it for yourself...

slurp_file.php
You are right. I was getting it confused with something else.. sorry. It wasn't interpreted until 1867. In fact, I believe the founders clarified that into dealing with private transactions and such. Not secession.

"that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed."
How was it illegal and unconstitutional? Hopefully you dont say the same thing as yesterday :thup:
Article. I.

Section. 10.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Yo, dumbfuck.... that's from the U.S. Constitution ... ratified by the states long before the Civil war.

1233796371590.gif
Goddamn that was dumb. :laugh:
Yea, I made a boo-boo. At least I am honest enough to admit it.

Article. I.

Section. 10.

1233796371590.gif
I'm going to use this to show someone else how easy it is.

1233796371590.gif
Why don't you try it? :)

1233796371590.gif
Why don't you try it? :)
Show me where I've had the opportunity to try.

They said sitting President you ass hat. Do you know what dictator means?

A dictator is a president who shuts down 300 newspapers for opposing a war the dictator started. Next question.
You got the question wrong dummy. It doesnt say anything about newspapers in the definition. :laugh:

dic·ta·tor
ˈdikˌtādər/
noun
  1. 1.
    a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained power by force.

Article. I.

Section. 10.

1233796371590.gif

Dumbfuck... additions to the original Constitution come in the form of amendments. Do I need to also teach you what amendment means? The contract clause is part of the original Constitution, Article I, section 10.

slurp_file.php
You are right. I was getting it confused with something else.. sorry. It wasn't interpreted until 1867. In fact, I believe the founders clarified that into dealing with private transactions and such. Not secession.
Your consession is noted, but it was never intended to be limited to private transactions. Note....

• No state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation

• [No State shall] ... coin Money;

• [No State shall] ... [pass any] ... Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts

• No State shall, without the Consent of Congress .... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State

1233796371590.gif

slurp_file.php
Your consession is noted, but it was never intended to be limited to private transactions. Note....

• No State shall, without the Consent of Congress .... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State
Do some research about its intent.

What kind of retard asks if it was alright to assassinate a sitting President?

How else do you fight a dictator? THINK
Lincoln was not a dictator. Just because someone has an opinion does not give them the right to take the law into their own hands. So, even if you believe something it does not mean you have the authority to judge it beyond what society and the community believe.

They said sitting President you ass hat. Do you know what dictator means?

A dictator is a president who shuts down 300 newspapers for opposing a war the dictator started. Next question.
Sorry, but you are not in a position to rewrite history. The war was officially started after the south seceded and opened fire on a United States military installation on Federal property, ceded to the U.S. federal government decades earlier, legally, by the state of South Carolina. With both parties owning concurrent jurisdiction of that fort, and the territory it was built upon, neither party could unilaterally declare transfer of ownership back to South Carolina.

1233796371590.gif

slurp_file.php

Thete's nothing to research. The clause is quite clear...

No state shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation

No state shall, without the Consent of Congress .... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State

The south could not form their own confederacy without violating Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution.

The north could have sought legal redress; though given the circumstances where the south abandoned the constraints of the Constitution, would have no doubt been fruitless. But then the south, as heartless and stupid as they were, gave Lincoln a military option when the Confederacy declared war by firing upon U.S. military inside a U.S. fort.

slurp_file.php

No state shall, without the Consent of Congress .... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State

The south could not form their own confederacy without violating Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution.

The north could have sought legal redress; though given the circumstances where the south abandoned the constraints of the Constitution, would have no doubt been fruitless. But then the south, as heartless and stupid as they were, gave Lincoln a military option when the Confederacy declared war by firing upon U.S. military inside a U.S. fort.
Goddamnit
Here is something to think about; why would the founders secede form totalitarianism to start anther country where you didn't have that freedom?
Contracts Clause - constitution | Laws.com

slurp_file.php

Goddamnit
Here is something to think about; why would the founders secede form totalitarianism to start anther country where you didn't have that freedom?
It was probably not included because they werent forming a totalitarian government. There are checks and balances that negate the need to secede.

[/QUOTE]
It was probably not included because they werent forming a totalitarian government.[/QUOTE]Exactly

slurp_file.php

Goddamnit
The U.S. was not a form of totalitarianism when the south tried to secede. Your agrument crumbles yet again.

Goddamnit
The U.S. was not a form of totalitarianism when the south tried to secede. Your agrument crumbles yet again.
SMH

Goddamnit
SMH
Shakes the idiot who actually said Article I, Section 10, of the U.S. Constitution was added after the Civil War. :eusa_doh:

Twice! :ack-1:

Forum List

Back