Was Einstein wrong?

Very interesting to say the least.

Don't hold your breath about ST becoming a reality though. :rolleyes:

Mingling science and politics is an unholy alliance and brings about a curse on the product of such that, according to laws of sciences, will bring about a potential need for more watering down of society. Ugh, really, you have to be told? :( ST, being perceived as space time, of course.

So according to Einstein nutrinos time travel?
And must have infinite energy.

The formulas show they have negative mass if they go faster than light.

Imaginary rest mass. Its square would be negative.

Given the tininess of the effect and the unlikelihood of the result, I'll reserve judgment.

I would not be so fast to jump on E=mc² being dead.
The big question is whether OPERA researchers have discovered particles going faster than light, or whether they have been misled by an unidentified “systematic error” in their experiment that’s making the time look artificially short. Chang Kee Jung, a neutrino physicist at Stony Brook University in New York, says he’d wager that the result is the product of a systematic error. “I wouldn’t bet my wife and kids because they’d get mad,” he says. “But I’d bet my house.”

Jung, who is spokesperson for a similar experiment in Japan called T2K, says the tricky part is accurately measuring the time between when the neutrinos are born by slamming a burst of protons into a solid target and when they actually reach the detector. That timing relies on the global positioning system, and the GPS measurements can have uncertainties of tens of nanoseconds. “I would be very interested in how they got a 10-nanosecond uncertainty, because from the systematics of GPS and the electronics, I think that’s a very hard number to get.”
Can Neutrinos Move Faster Than Light? | Wired Science | Wired.com

Nuetrinos....pffft. They got nothing on the space shuttle.

118-Times-The-Speed-of-Light_1014bcd5b2a7c848585086946c55f332.jpg

"An international team of scientists has recorded neutrino particles travelling faster than the speed of light."

How fast was the recording device going?

So according to Einstein nutrinos time travel?
And must have infinite energy.

The formulas show they have negative mass if they go faster than light.

Imaginary rest mass. Its square would be negative.

Given the tininess of the effect and the unlikelihood of the result, I'll reserve judgment.

I agree.

I question the accuracy of the measurements.

Also, the frame of reference might be wrong. If one only measures speed and acceleration, movement in an opposite direction would give invalid results.

It's also non-partisan. Pity that you're too fucking stupid to get that basic concept.

Why do I get the impression you are either a California transplant, or a poser.
We Californians don't go around behaving like your snotty ass.

I live here and yes. They do. They really, REALLY do.

But fuck all that human shit. This is so much more important if it's confirmed.

Case in point:

Why do I get the impression you are either a California transplant, or a poser.
We Californians don't go around behaving like your snotty ass.

:lol:

Quantum experiments are subject to variable interpretations.

Unfortunately, people do not live in a quantum world.

Forum List

Back