Warren is heartless to those who save for college

So because you were overcharged for education......everyone else must be

Overcharged?

It is a CHOICE that is made. NO ONE is overcharged for something they agree with and sign a document that states they will repay it. THEY MADE A FUCKING CHOICE. There are other choices too. Go to a two year college to get prerequisites out of the way and then go to a four year college for two years. That's save 10s of thousands of dollars. Don't spend the money on a spring break vacation to florida or entertainment and other such things. Make good choices. WORK while you go to college. Bust your ass in the summer with a job. Pay that shit down. Live within your means. DO YOUR FUCKING PART and be a responsible person.

Wake the fuck up.

It's not easy to get rich, but it is certainly not hard to make a good living if you do the right things and make the right choices. ESPECIALLY in the United States of America. We have it fucking easy here and our problems are all first world problems.

People doing something in order to survive IS NOT A CHOICE!

Perhaps if people who did not have a college degree were paid a living wage, then going to college would be a choice....but when the only alternative is a life of hard labor and poverty...there is no choice.

You are assuming that you have to go to college to survive. What a load of shit. That is so far from the truth. I had Welders who worked for me that made way more than me. No college and the superintendents pulled in over $200K a year. There is a lot of opportunity. You just think those that do well are taking advantage.

The company I worked for (which was a LARGE corp) promoted me to a management position WITHOUT a degree. I retired early (56). Yes - plenty of money to make out there you just have to put in the work.

Father is telling Warren...

I got fucked, so every other parent should get fucked

Father is saying to Warren - "Because I did the right thing, met my obligations and paid for my choices, I get fucked."

You have a twisted way of thinking.
He wasn’t fucked
His daughter got an education

Just because others did better than you is no reason to expect that everyone has to pay what you did.

I bought a $1600 Plasma 60 in HD TV ten years ago
Was I fucked because the same TV now costs $400

He is because he didn't get covered and now he is paying taxes to cover the costs of other peoples education. That's getting fucked.
People have always paid taxes for other people’s education

That is how our education system works

Father is saying to Warren - "Because I did the right thing, met my obligations and paid for my choices, I get fucked."

He wasn’t fucked

Just because others did better than you is no reason to expect that everyone has to pay what you did.

He is because he didn't get covered and now he is paying taxes to cover the costs of other peoples education. That's getting fucked.

Total nonsense and does not in any way justify paying more.

We need to cut the cancerous scam degrees out completely.

This man's premise is bogus.

Just because people have suffered due to injustices in society does not mean that we should not move forward with remedying those injustices.

Nor does it mean that we're obligated to pay reparations for all those who suffered from those injustices for all of history.

She can move forward by coming up with a plan for more affordable college. There are many ways to do that. No one puts a gun to peoples’ heads to go into debt buying more college than you need. It’s like buying more house and car with high loans. If you can’t afford a four-year private college replete with all the amenities and takes a plane to get to, don’t go into debt for it. Community College plus two years at a four year state school that can be commuted to daily is an option.

Broad brush loan forgiveness is reckless and irresponsible which is pretty consistent with Warren.

Broad brush loan forgiveness is not going to happen
Making student loan payments fully deductible is achievable

If we can afford to give businesses a 40 percent cut in their taxes, we can afford to let students deduct their student loans

Just because people have suffered due to injustices in society does not mean that we should not move forward with remedying those injustices.

Nor does it mean that we're obligated to pay reparations for all those who suffered from those injustices for all of history.

She can move forward by coming up with a plan for more affordable college. There are many ways to do that. No one puts a gun to peoples’ heads to go into debt buying more college than you need. It’s like buying more house and car with high loans. If you can’t afford a four-year private college replete with all the amenities and takes a plane to get to, don’t go into debt for it. Community College plus two years at a four year state school that can be commuted to daily is an option.

Broad brush loan forgiveness is reckless and irresponsible which is pretty consistent with Warren.

If we can afford to give businesses a 40 percent cut in their taxes, we can afford to let students deduct their student loans

Businesses create jobs and taxpayers. Not sure what you think businesses ought to be paying in taxes. But, you may be on to something in the form of deduction student loans (within reason) and, moving forward, perhaps incentivizing pre-tax savings for college.

I'd agree that Warren is barking at the moon. But the ambush man's story adds nothing.

Higher Educ is becoming more expensive, and increasingly without one, people earn less.

State support for higher education is not keeping pace with increases.

DeVos and Trump are actually DECREASING people's ability to work off loans with public service.

And lastly, and really a separate issue, there is a group of young adults who came into the work force during the worst time since the Great Depression. And they will most likely NEVER get the jobs they trained for.

Businesses create jobs and taxpayers. Not sure what you think businesses ought to be paying in taxes. But, you may be on to something in the form of deduction student loans (within reason) and, moving forward, perhaps incentivizing pre-tax savings for college.

Tax cuts do not create jobs
They don’t create higher pay either

Businesses just keep the money

I think they could create jobs if the money just went to the working class and not people who own stock outside of 401ks. It's not fair to say all Republicans call this class warfare because Rubio and for a short time Cruz suggested it during 2016.

Trump and McConnell of course would …. but they are the ones owning stock outside of 401ks. LOL. But generally is one owns ten restaurants, he will do better if more people have more money to eat out. The Gop used to believe that. LOL

What he could have told her is, she's full of shit. She's only doing what all Democrat candidates do. Looking for voting groups from which to suck more VOTES. In this case, it's college grads who owe $$$ on student loans.

The people behind the business assume the risk to create the business and the jobs. Taxing requires no risk. Consider gas and oil companies. They may earn $0.07 on a gallon of gas they produce after all of the costs, risk, taxes, and regulation they must pay for. The Government gets risk-free money on their portion (cut)of the gallon.

The people behind the business assume the risk to create the business and the jobs. Taxing requires no risk. Consider gas and oil companies. They may earn $0.07 on a gallon of gas they produce after all of the costs, risk, taxes, and regulation they must pay for. The Government gets risk-free money on their portion (cut)of the gallon.
The issue was tax cut effects on employment. Not that taxing more than is necessary is a good idea.

Exactly the key issue. The Left reward bad behavior in all topics.

After waiting in line to get his moment with Warren, a voter “vent[ed] frustration that her promise to wipe out student loan debt would not reimburse him for the tuition that he’d already paid,” as the Hill report puts it.

I would put it slightly differntly. I would say he wondered if Warren understood that her proposal would make him a chump of the first order.

“My daughter is in school,” the man said, as captured in The Hill’s transcription of the exchange. “I saved all my money just to pay my student loans. Can I have my money back?”

“Of course not,” Warren responded.

“So you want to help those who don’t save any money and the ones that do the right thing get screwed?” he responded.

The Hill notes that the man cited his friend who makes more money than he does and, instead of paying off his loans, the friend bought a car and went on expensive vacations.

“I saved my money,” the man said. “He made more than I did. I worked a double shift, worked extra … so you’re laughing at me.”

“No I’m not,” Warren responded.

“Yes that’s exactly what you’re doing,” the man said. “We did the right thing and we get screwed.”

That is a sentiment that is widely applicable to the Democrats’ policy proposals.

Warren's Joe the Plumber moment
Letting Sheltered Preppy Elitists Tell Us What to Do Is Never the Right Thing

Those who want a stronger economy should have no sympathy for those who believe that students or their parents should pay tuition, which means buying a job to put inferior people in superior positions. College must be replaced with highly paid professional training. That will get the most mentally talented and get them to study. This system only gets mediocre brown-noses and unAmerican richkids living off an allowance.

The present system is an insult to intelligence. This job-buying Daddy is no better than anyone else who preaches he should be rewarded for cheating. With this attitude from those who'd be living in poverty if it weren't for High IQs creating all of America's products and wealth, those with talent should devote it to confiscating the wealth that the plutocrats drained out of their predecessors' brains.

He wasn’t fucked

Mandatory education my friend.

What he could have told her is, she's full of shit. She's only doing what all Democrat candidates do. Looking for voting groups from which to suck more VOTES. In this case, it's college grads who owe $$$ on student loans.

Exactly- Buying votes. That's their platform. It contains no substance but give aways to get a vote. That's a stoopid way to run a country. It has and always will fail.

She's just another idiot who hates america and rages on in bitterness. I worked 60 hours a week, took 15 hours a semester, and didn't owe anything when I graduated. Paid it off every semester. I have no sympathy for these leeches.
High IQs Invented Hacking. They Better Get Paid As Students, Or They Will Make You Job-Buyers Pay

Are you any good at your job? If not, we don't need your bragging about how much you sacrificed to get it. Sacrifice has no merit; it is only brown-nosing by no-talent richloving slaveboys.

Sissy Rebellion by Diploma Dumbos

"Level the playing field"? Only slavish peasants let the plutocrats set their sons up halfway to the finish line. You bootlicking plebeians will never admit it, but one of the ways the patricians do that is through making college unnaturally difficult on every student who wasn't born rich. It does the bosswipes good to humiliate talent; their too stupid to realize it causes some of our most valuable human resources to go to waste because of the ungrateful and insulting attitude that educationist have to intelligence.

And the HeirDads do more than give their guillotine-fodder brats free tuition. Unless the few students who are intelligent enough to actually belong in college get the same allowance the Preppies get, they will live like teenagers afraid to grow up. They will never become mature adults; their nerdy unmanliness will cause their sons to want to become women. Their gold-digging wives will boss them around; so will their bosses because anyone who would work without pay to get a job is nothing but an economic sissy who will let his employers push him around mercilessly.

She's just another idiot who hates america and rages on in bitterness. I worked 60 hours a week, took 15 hours a semester, and didn't owe anything when I graduated. Paid it off every semester. I have no sympathy for these leeches.
High IQs Invented Hacking. They Better Get Paid As Students, Or They Will Make You Job-Buyers Pay

Are you any good at your job? If not, we don't need your bragging about how much you sacrificed to get it. Sacrifice has no merit; it is only brown-nosing by no-talent richloving slaveboys.

You know nothing. Lol. Slaveboys? Don't think so dude. I'm from eastern appalachia. My folks weren't rich.

Last edited:
The left will try and explain it away as college shouldn't be so expensive.
That we should pay for college because we pay for k-12.
And other crazy ideas.
The problem with college being so expensive is the simple fact that wages have increased. The wage of a janitor has increased. The wages of those printing text books have increased. The wages of the people overseeing electricity production and distribution have increased. The wage of a professor has increased.

The tax payers pay for k-12 because it covers required basic courses of study. Once one gets to college it is no longer the government deciding what you are taught. We could require everyone to major in business but that does not help.
The cost of college has increased drastically faster than wages.
Not if you compare the cost of wages in everything connected to keeping a college going.
Do you think they are putting money away in some vault so that the facility can go swimming in it?

Forum List

Back