Warren is heartless to those who save for college

It shows how what we really need right now is affordable college. I think most of us just want to know it’s not going to be a fortune when our kids go to college.

Absolutely agree, but "free" isn't the way forward

She's just another idiot who hates america and rages on in bitterness. I worked 60 hours a week, took 15 hours a semester, and didn't owe anything when I graduated. Paid it off every semester. I have no sympathy for these leeches.

Where'd you work? Your Daddy's bank?

She was practically laughing at the guy ...

She better get on twitter with a Miller and a hot dog

539w.jpg

So because you were overcharged for education......everyone else must be

Overcharged?

It is a CHOICE that is made. NO ONE is overcharged for something they agree with and sign a document that states they will repay it. THEY MADE A FUCKING CHOICE. There are other choices too. Go to a two year college to get prerequisites out of the way and then go to a four year college for two years. That's save 10s of thousands of dollars. Don't spend the money on a spring break vacation to florida or entertainment and other such things. Make good choices. WORK while you go to college. Bust your ass in the summer with a job. Pay that shit down. Live within your means. DO YOUR FUCKING PART and be a responsible person.

Wake the fuck up.

It's not easy to get rich, but it is certainly not hard to make a good living if you do the right things and make the right choices. ESPECIALLY in the United States of America. We have it fucking easy here and our problems are all first world problems.

The current financial aid system is a major reason why college is so expensive now. The colleges know that they can raise tuition each year and make out like bandits because the kids will get much of the money through financial much of which are guaranteed student loans. The colleges and universities don't care if the students default on the loans after either dropping out or graduating.

Jomoma is 100% correct. THE GOVERNMENT is the cause of tuition rising. You can look at any graph you wish on the cost of College, and see that when the G got involved, prices soared.

Something that the Left used to know------------->virtually ANYTHING the G gets involved in, causes prices to soar. Now that the G has caused prices to rise so much that many have a hard time affording it, they want MORE G, then don't care if the prices do not come down because they THINK they are off the hook for the cost.

More like

"Because you made a poor chose a liberal arts degree and spent $200K which included vacations, food, rent, entertainment you should be relieved of your debt"
Again with the Liberal Arts BS
Does Fix News teach you that? You all seem to spout the exact same lie

It's a valid point. Just because you don't like hearing it doesn't mean that people are making great choices.

Pure deflection on your part.

It's the dem's plan to level the playing field and remove all incentive to get ahead and have a good life. Do the right thing = you get fucked. Sit on your ass and do nothing and take advantage of others = you get rewarded.
And us dumb bastards who worked hard to succeed and pay our debts gets to pay for the slackers.
yep, pay for any school they choose at that. fk folks, this shit is just glorious. I must say!!! And every mthr fking leftist in here supports this trash!!

giphy.gif

Overcharged?

It is a CHOICE that is made. NO ONE is overcharged for something they agree with and sign a document that states they will repay it. THEY MADE A FUCKING CHOICE. There are other choices too. Go to a two year college to get prerequisites out of the way and then go to a four year college for two years. That's save 10s of thousands of dollars. Don't spend the money on a spring break vacation to florida or entertainment and other such things. Make good choices. WORK while you go to college. Bust your ass in the summer with a job. Pay that shit down. Live within your means. DO YOUR FUCKING PART and be a responsible person.

Wake the fuck up.

It's not easy to get rich, but it is certainly not hard to make a good living if you do the right things and make the right choices. ESPECIALLY in the United States of America. We have it fucking easy here and our problems are all first world problems.
Exactly

It was a choice that he made. Sometimes, in life, your choices work out. Sometimes they don’t.

He had a choice to make......Pay cash or finance
He chose cash

He should have financed

Father is telling Warren...

I got fucked, so every other parent should get fucked

Father is saying to Warren - "Because I did the right thing, met my obligations and paid for my choices, I get fucked."

You have a twisted way of thinking.
We don't actually know anything about the person who asked the question. His child could have gone to a state supported school and received scholarships.

Deflection. A point is being made and it is a valid point. You provided no value to the discussion. Thanks for wasting all of our time.

Father is saying to Warren - "Because I did the right thing, met my obligations and paid for my choices, I get fucked."

He wasn’t fucked
His daughter got an education

Just because others did better than you is no reason to expect that everyone has to pay what you did.

I bought a $1600 Plasma 60 in HD TV ten years ago
Was I fucked because the same TV now costs $400

He is because he didn't get covered and now he is paying taxes to cover the costs of other peoples education. That's getting fucked.

The left will try and explain it away as college shouldn't be so expensive.
That we should pay for college because we pay for k-12.
And other crazy ideas.
The problem with college being so expensive is the simple fact that wages have increased. The wage of a janitor has increased. The wages of those printing text books have increased. The wages of the people overseeing electricity production and distribution have increased. The wage of a professor has increased.

The tax payers pay for k-12 because it covers required basic courses of study. Once one gets to college it is no longer the government deciding what you are taught. We could require everyone to major in business but that does not help.
Used to be, students would leave school after grade 8 and go get a job.
HS was for the elite

In today’s society, post HS education including vocational school is necessary to get a job you can support yourself on

Problem is, that education is becoming unaffordable for many Americans
You have to ask yourself how many liberal arts grads does the country need.
You guys keep selling that lie

Most students today major in Business, Education, Healthcare, STEM and then Liberal Arts

Students are well aware of getting degrees in fields that have jobs waiting when they get out
This isn’t 1970 any more bro the rent in Boston used to be 300 a month is now 2,000 a month because of democrats standards of living, your policies have killed our cities. The only people doing well are rich people.
driven by those who are complaining and created the rich.

Overcharged?

Wake the fuck up.

Exactly

It was a choice that he made. Sometimes, in life, your choices work out. Sometimes they don’t.

He had a choice to make......Pay cash or finance
He chose cash

He should have financed

More deflection which doesn't address the point of the OP. What a waste of time.

He wasn’t fucked
His daughter got an education

Just because others did better than you is no reason to expect that everyone has to pay what you did.

I bought a $1600 Plasma 60 in HD TV ten years ago
Was I fucked because the same TV now costs $400
The Great Recession changed what people see from education. People no longer assume their kids will have better lives than they did. It's one reason why Trump won in 16. Hillary failed to address the change.

Not that Trump is making it better for students. He isn't with DeVos. We need to increase the options for useful public service to obtain loan foregiveness, and we're actually removing them. Trump reduces aid for educ for tax cuts to his "class." It is class warfare.

But the kids facing a lifetime of service jobs despite having been trained for professional careers are a distinctly separate issue. They basically lost a decade of economic gain, and at age 35 they're competing with new grads a decade younger for the jobs they trained for. You don't have to be a college grad to figure out who is getting hired for those jobs.

Overcharged?

Wake the fuck up.

People doing something in order to survive IS NOT A CHOICE!

Perhaps if people who did not have a college degree were paid a living wage, then going to college would be a choice....but when the only alternative is a life of hard labor and poverty...there is no choice.

We don't actually know anything about the person who asked the question. His child could have gone to a state supported school and received scholarships.

Deflection. A point is being made and it is a valid point. You provided no value to the discussion. Thanks for wasting all of our time.
BS. He's the poster child for the OP and no one knows who he is. Who really paid out of pocket for his kids' entire college educations?

This man's premise is bogus.

Just because people have suffered due to injustices in society does not mean that we should not move forward with remedying those injustices.

Nor does it mean that we're obligated to pay reparations for all those who suffered from those injustices for all of history.

Your take is bogus.

Taking out a student loan is not a fucking injustice. Compared to the rest of the world it's a blessing. They made the choice. They need to live up to their obligations. The rest of us shouldn't have to pay for the poor choices of others.

BS. He's the poster child for the OP and no one knows who he is. Who really paid out of pocket for his kids' entire college educations?

A lot of people who PLANNED for their future. I know that may be hard to believe and maybe it's because you make poor choices so you assume everyone else does. I went in the Military and when I did 6 years I got out. My wife and I had a child and another on the way. My wife stayed at home to take care of the kids as we agreed. I worked and put myself through college. Paid it without loans. Lived pay check to pay check for 18 years saved money and invested and retired 11 years early. It can be done. This country has a lot of opportunity. It takes work.

This man's premise is bogus.

Just because people have suffered due to injustices in society does not mean that we should not move forward with remedying those injustices.

Nor does it mean that we're obligated to pay reparations for all those who suffered from those injustices for all of history.

She can move forward by coming up with a plan for more affordable college. There are many ways to do that. No one puts a gun to peoples’ heads to go into debt buying more college than you need. It’s like buying more house and car with high loans. If you can’t afford a four-year private college replete with all the amenities and takes a plane to get to, don’t go into debt for it. Community College plus two years at a four year state school that can be commuted to daily is an option.

Broad brush loan forgiveness is reckless and irresponsible which is pretty consistent with Warren.

Forum List

Back